• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Pewaukee Village

grinner

Not much to report, but today was my first time carrying in the Village. Had a late afternoon sandwich at the Chocolate Factory by the beach. Sat outside.

The staff at the Chocolate Factory didn't seem to care that I was carrying. Had a nice 20-minute conversation with a lady who was also having lunch outside. She must have noticed my gun but she didn't mention it. Also bumped into a female friend of mine. Said hi and talked for a few minutes. I don't think she noticed my gun because she would have said something if she did.

I know the owner of the Chocolate Factory. She wasn't there, so I can't confirm whether it will continue to be carry friendly, but I hope so. I don't see why there would be a problem and I'm pretty sure the owner is Conservative.

Also, my new blackhawk nylon belt slide holster worked great. $15 and it's everything I need it to be.

A pleasant experience today.

HandyHamlet

Okay, lets get to the real story please.

The Chocolate Factory?

Is it as cool and as good as it looks?

:D

Hey, just checked the map. I go by there sometimes!

Last edited:

grinner

My pitch for Chocolate Factory: Awesome sub sandwiches and many amazing flavors of ice cream. They charge for cones by weight, so get as much or as little ice cream as you want. Also become a friend of theirs on facebook. They post deals frequently.

Last edited:

protias

Not much to report, but today was my first time carrying in the Village. Had a late afternoon sandwich at the Chocolate Factory by the beach. Sat outside.

The staff at the Chocolate Factory didn't seem to care that I was carrying. Had a nice 20-minute conversation with a lady who was also having lunch outside. She must have noticed my gun but she didn't mention it. Also bumped into a female friend of mine. Said hi and talked for a few minutes. I don't think she noticed my gun because she would have said something if she did.

I know the owner of the Chocolate Factory. She wasn't there, so I can't confirm whether it will continue to be carry friendly, but I hope so. I don't see why there would be a problem and I'm pretty sure the owner is Conservative.

Also, my new blackhawk nylon belt slide holster worked great. $15 and it's everything I need it to be.

A pleasant experience today.

You should have told me! I'm not that far away. :D