• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hey John and Mike!

eye95

Do you see what is happening to your wonderful site?

Over the year and a half since I have known it, it has morphed from a useful site advocating the exercise of a right and a discussion of the law to one that is dominated by a handful of posters bent on displaying their hatred of the nation whose Constitution was designed to protect that right and others.

Yeah, I know. This post is inviting some of that very hatred. I won't reply to it. I ain't interested even in reading any more of that monotonous tripe. I am only interested in hearing John's and Mike's takes on the more hate-filled nature of their once more pleasant and useful site.

Dreamer

If I recall correctly, there is no "right to not have your tender sensibilities bruised" in the US constitution.

But there IS a Freedom of Speech.

If you don't like the idea of free and open discourse, then perhaps you would be happier if you relocated to a place that more closely regulates "offensive" speech, like China or the DPRK.

Different rules for "people you don't agree with" is NOT Liberty--it is totalitarianism...

Just sayin'...

"We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is afraid of its people." --JFK

Thundar

There are some good threads and sub forums and there are bad threads and sub forums. Overall it is good, but there are some that are rude, or even bait, others. Moderators seem to be random in their approach as of late.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

Over the year and a half since I have known it, it has morphed from a useful site advocating the exercise of a right and a discussion of the law to one that is dominated by a handful of posters bent on displaying their hatred of the nation whose Constitution was designed to protect that right and others.

Yeah, I know. This post is inviting some of that very hatred. I won't reply to it. I ain't interested even in reading any more of that monotonous tripe. I am only interested in hearing John's and Mike's takes on the more hate-filled nature of their once more pleasant and useful site.

What!!?!?!?!

Its quieter now than ever. Is the OPer out to lunch? He shoulda been around in 2007-2009.

And, I would very much like to see some quotes from these people who displayed their "hatred of the nation..." I think the OPer might be conflating disagreement with government policies with hatred for the nation (the people themselves).

Boy, who was it just recently was admonishing us about rhetoric making us look whacko?

Hope John and Mike pretty much let things alone. Maybe tighten up on the moderators themselves--some of the moderation lately has been a little arbitrary.

Moving on.

Last edited:

rodbender

eye95 could just as easily sent this in a PM to John and Mike. Instead he posted it on open forum to get a S***storm going. Typical troll tactic. I always thought him to be a troll of some sort. He now takes down the facade.

jbone

eye95 could just as easily sent this in a PM to John and Mike. Instead he posted it on open forum to get a S***storm going. Typical troll tactic. I always thought him to be a troll of some sort. He now takes down the facade.

It wouldn’t be the first time. I believe this is not the first time this poster has posted in order to gain a desired response, and in order to report-on.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?90220-His-name-is-Obama.
It is an age-old trick to gather the group you wish to dispatch in one area, making their disposal easier. Not that I would want to physically dispose of anyone here. However, regard for anything they have to say can be disposed of easily now. This thread drew precisely the expected reaction. Bye, guys.
Very Self righteous, it’s the ey95 way or the highway, eye95 appears to be the 800 pound Gorilla in the Avatar. Either you believe as eye95 or you are a bad, non-politically correct, hateful, non-patriot. In past life I wonder, Loyalist, or leader of a Temperance movement? Does eye95 have an eye on us?

Last edited:

VW_Factor

Standard forum politics.

The user cycle will in such a topic as Open Carry I am sure is like the oceans tide. It'll come and go, and be nasty then informative at times..

So goes the days of our internets. :uhoh:

Gunslinger

"Hate" what part of the Constitution? The Bill of Rights? Article 3 section 3? The preamble? Kind of an open statement. It's like "LEO bashing." In the eye of the beholder. No pun intended. I love this country, swore to uphold and defend its finest law--which is still a light for all of mankind to learn from, imo, but never took an oath not to criticize organizations--constitutionally seated, that co-opt it to unjust, immoral or unlawful purpose. And that most assuredly includes thugs hiding behind a badge whose tactics and mind-set harken back to Nazi Germany or Stalin Russia. Despising individuals does not presuppose despising the institution where they reside. Just my 2 baht.

4angrybadgers

Over the year and 8 months I've been on this site, it's stayed about the same. Old trolls and troublemakers get kicked off eventually, new ones move in. I see very few folks who actually hate this country - the strong feelings I see are mostly directed against those who would destroy what is left of this country.

So you're making a public scene of your concerns, and then plugging your ears to the inevitable public response. Well, if you didn't want anything other than John/Mike's response, why the hell did you post this in the public forum instead of sending a PM? Oh wait, we've seen your attention-getting habits before.
wellbuy.gif

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com

Cite examples, please, of those posts that have exhibited a "hatred of the nation."

jbone

Just wondering, don't mean anyting by it, but 5,977 posts in 18 months, were you trying to match the number of times the say nothing president was on TV in his first 18 months?

riverrat10k

Really, eye...

I recall a recent post from you, leaving out pertinent facts, posted apparently to get inflamed responses. Here you go again. How is your "potential dissident" database coming? You are dishonest and disingenuous.

TechnoWeenie

If I recall correctly, there is no "right to not have your tender sensibilities bruised" in the US constitution.

But there IS a Freedom of Speech.

If you don't like the idea of free and open discourse, then perhaps you would be happier if you relocated to a place that more closely regulates "offensive" speech, like China or the DPRK.

Different rules for "people you don't agree with" is NOT Liberty--it is totalitarianism...

Just sayin'...

"We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is afraid of its people." --JFK

The Constitution and it's amendments are designed to limit government, not private internet forums.

08%20your%20argument%20is%20invalid.jpg

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
We try to moderate with a light hand and, while there have been some extreme posts we HAVE moderated, generally, I am not familiar with any current poster who hates our great nation.

John

eye95

We try to moderate with a light hand and, while there have been some extreme posts we HAVE moderated, generally, I am not familiar with any current poster who hates our great nation.

John

Considering the number of posts I have seen lately advocating violence against it, I'd have to disagree with your assessment.

No problem though, I made the point and it was acknowledged. Oh well.