• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eugene Kane - Concealed carry legislation a hollow victory for its supporters

protias

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/124391814.html

How is this a hollow victory Eugene?

I'm aware many criminals carry guns illegally; that's because they are criminals with a different mind-set than law-abiding folks.

So then there is nothing to worry about law abiding citizens, right?

For cops, a concealed carry law turns every traffic stop, public event or encounter with an angry civilian into a nerve-racking test to figure out who might be packing heat and who isn't.

If you aren't treating every traffic stop as if someone is armed, you are stupid and may have a short career/life.

Private gun ownership is a right, but concealed carry laws take that right outside a person's home and into the general population.

Where does the federal or state Constitutions prohibit the right to bear arms?

For them, it's another victory for their side during a time when keeping score seems more important than anything else.

Not sure where you got that from Eugene. You do know several democrats voted for this, right?

SourKraut

The criminals carry concealed without a permit. The bad guys already have guns. How can the number of lawbreakers increase by allowing something that is illegal to be legal?

The next time I hear about how dangerous or difficult a cops job is, I'm likely to throw a fit. Sitting in a squad car pulling over speeders is not "difficult", nor is writing reports, nor is going to court when you are on the plaintiff's side.

The only thing "difficult" about being a police officer is being able to keep your personal feelings to yourself, which is something that I admit that I cannot do well.

EDIT- And, as upset as I can get, I Still have not pointed a gun at anyone! Not even by accident!

Last edited:

Packer fan

First, I want to say congrats Wisconsin!

This Eugene sounds like the bully in the play ground who just got smacked around because someone stood up to him.
Making excuses of why he got beat down.

It's about time people stood up to the Liberal bullies who use the legal system weather it be the courts or legislation to take freedoms they don't think people should have.

Keep up the good fight.

SourKraut

"More often than not, people would face more danger of having the weapon taken and used against them during an unexpected encounter with a criminal."- Eugene Kane

I keep hearing this aurgument, but it sounds to me like a bunch of jibber jabber.

Anybody got any examples of sombody taking a gun from a police officer(or from an armed citizen's hand)?

Oh, right- the cops have "training".:rolleyes:

Most of us have been trained to drive, so we are all real safe. Right?

bluehighways

"More often than not, people would face more danger of having the weapon taken and used against them during an unexpected encounter with a criminal."- Eugene Kane

This is the same garbage that I have heard from pyjama-dance-around-class-wierdos, better known as karate people.
Prove it. Show some real numbers. Carrying concealed keeps most odds in the favor of the concealed carrier. The beauty of concealed carry is that you don't know who is carrying. This new legislation doesn't open up new avenues for violence, rather it allows the law abiding to 'kind of' level the playing field with the criminal element who has had the upper hand all along.

Badger Johnson

"...taken away/used against"

It might be prudent for OC-ers to practice some force-on-force blue gun retention (and deployment) drills.

As someone said LEOs (though they insert themselves into situations) have people try to take their HG from them, so it's probably a sensible thing to do.

If you get a chance, run out and buy a copy of Marc Denny's "Die Less Often" DVD. It's one that I fully endorse and covers some of this.
[video=youtube;THW-c6E5nvs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THW-c6E5nvs&feature=related[/video]

M

McX

the title of the thread had a misprint, so i fixed it:

Eugene Kane - Concealed carry legislation a hollow point victory for its supporters

cleveland

That guy is a self absorbed bigot! Clearly he has a following though, so they will continue to print his poo.

As for the retention and hand to hand, I would like to add to Johnson's post that Krav Maga is worth looking into also. If you have never heard of Krav Maga, watch the video below. It addresses world scenarios, and was a gift from the Israelis. Sorry, I don't know how to include the actual video into the post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07jnqD8wvyE