• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ice Cream Man Fights off two Armed Robbers

lil_freak_66

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2011/06/ice_cream_man_fights_off_two_r.html

FLINT, Michigan — An ice cream truck driver fought off a pair of robbers on Sunday, according to a police report released today.

The 24-year-old ice cream man was driving on Crawford Street near South Grand Traverse Street and West Atherton Road when two armed men approached and attempted to rob him, according to the report.

The victim fought back and the suspects fled with no money, dropping a gun as they ran, according to police.

A police officer found and arrested both suspects, who were lodged at Genesee County Jail, according to the report.

A sergeant on duty Wednesday night was seeking further details on the incident.

LibertyDeath

I just read that Flint and Detroit were the two most dangerous cities in the USA. I don't think I would step foot in either without dual 45s and an AR15 on me.

Michigander

Detroit isn't that big of a deal so long as you carry guns, know how to shoot them, and know how to mind your own business and keep your distance from shady characters on the street. Cumulatively I've walked around Detroit, all over it, about 300 miles. It's a hobby I have with a friend who lives there, and I've ridden my bike another 400 or so, plus I've driven through there commuting to work, often for jobs located in Detroit, adding another 10,000 miles or so of travel through there. My friend and I who walk around Detroit have always followed the principles of cross the street to avoid people who look like they're selling drugs or otherwise don't wish to be near you, act completely confident yet non aggressive, bring multiple firearms (we conceal in Detroit and have never, ever had to draw, but thought we might have to on a couple occasions) and always be on high alert.

It's a crime ridden area which was once a great city, and now is an extremely fascinating place to explore, provided you're smart enough to be able to do so safely.

Heres a page with a bunch of pictures and information about old buildings in Detroit

http://www.forgottendetroit.com/

And here's an unusually nice sounding Kid Rock song and music video that I believe well depicts the attitude of much of Detroit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg_dUc2uU48

Last edited:

Dreamer

Detroit isn't that big of a deal so long as you carry guns, know how to shoot them, and know how to mind your own business and keep your distance from shady characters on the street.

The same thing can be said for Khandahar, Mogadishu, Kabul, and Tijuana... :uhoh:

Last edited:

dukenukum

That is one reason I gave up on the business attacked twice Local cops did NOTHING even when I showed them where the perps lived. City counsel Women was great help though in disciplining officers involved.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
It's good the ice cream guy wasn't injured. As an added bonus, they caught the bad guys. I expected this thread to have a bunch of ice cream joke responses.