Thread: IWB Question

IWB Question

I need to know if IWB is legal, if so please provide the link where I can view it. Specifically WI State Law or Case Law, as I DO NOT want any mis-information, further more Wiki-crap is not a source I trust, back in the day I used to go round and round w/Doug on that fact.
    Thanks for your help!

You're asking if Inside the Waist Band carry is legal? Is that question in reference to the new concealed carry bill or current law?

Quote Originally Posted by qball54208 View Post
    I need to know if IWB is legal, if so please provide the link where I can view it. Specifically WI State Law or Case Law, as I DO NOT want any mis-information, further more Wiki-crap is not a source I trust, back in the day I used to go round and round w/Doug on that fact.
    Thanks for your help!
    Like Paul says, no law says I can't have lasagna on Tuesday, but sometimes I do. Same thing here. You won't find a law that says iwbs are legal. Laws tell you what is illegal.
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I too have to ask too what is behind such a question.

We all know that laws are generally passed to say what cannot be done, not what is permissible and that no "style" was defined by the AG's OC opinion. therefore, IWB remains legal.

Practically speaking IWB hides no more of the gun than OWB does.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Although not illegal, I think it may be an invitation to harassment. I make IWBs and wear an IWB on a regular basis and have never had a problem. That is not to say there would not be problems given the right circumstances. Power mad cop in particular.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post
    Like Paul says, no law says I can't have lasagna on Tuesday, but sometimes I do. Same thing here. You won't find a law that says iwbs are legal. Laws tell you what is illegal.
    so your saying you dont eat at Culver's much since the night in question?

OK, my bad for not being specific, I should re-state, where is "concealed" defined in WI Statue?

OK, my bad for not being specific, I should re-state, where is "concealed" defined in WI Statue?

I'd be interested to know if a IWB holster can be used for open carry. Hold on, hear me out! What if my shirt is tucked in UNDER the holster and the pistol is partially exposed? How much needs to be exposed for it to no longer be considered concealed?

Mlutz, I do know that one, however I was looking for something more specific, thanks though.

Mlutz, I do know that one, however I was looking for something more specific, thanks though.
    If it is hidden and you know that it is there, it is concealed (yes, even unloaded and encased fulfills that).
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    If it is hidden and you know that it is there, it is concealed (yes, even unloaded and encased fulfills that).
    Not this crap again.

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    Although not illegal, I think it may be an invitation to harassment. I make IWBs and wear an IWB on a regular basis and have never had a problem. That is not to say there would not be problems given the right circumstances. Power mad cop in particular.
    I thought power mad cops were illegal, not IWB's...
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    "Give me Butterburgers; or give me Death"!!!
    {Compactric Henry- 2011}

Attachment 6089
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

What exactly is your question then? How would iwb oc be illegal? If 941.23 does not say it is illegal, and the firearm is not hidden (if you tuck your shirt behind the firearm to "expose" it) its still open carry. Hubert said something once about the picture at the top of this forum, the two girls with the iwb holsters are still legal open carry. Maybe he can chime in here.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    Not at all, I support culvers all the time. Maybe too much... :-D its just sometimes i feel like lasagna. :-) on Tuesday...

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Well..... It isn't in WI statute, not even with the new law. Sorry. Some states (not WI) says it has to be seen from 3 angles. WI leaves it up to the courts.

So.... if you have a permit, don't worry about it.

"Hubert said something once about the picture at the top of this forum, the two girls with the iwb holsters are still legal open carry. Maybe he can chime in here. " Mlutz.
    Yeah that would be uncomfortable, since I ain't got no figure like them purdy thangs...LOL