Thread: I have some carrying questions.

I have some carrying questions.

So if Walker signs the CCW bill, will this change the laws for long guns? Will we be able to carry an uncased shotgun or rifle in our vehicles, or more importantly to me, our ATV/UTVs? As the law has been, while hunting, I would have to unload and case my shotguns or rifles when driving my ATV from spot to spot. Would I be able to transport guns uncased and loaded? It only make sense, since we would be able to drive with handguns. Thanks

McX
    that segment of the bill i believe is limited to: yes, you can only if your name is billyjoejimbob.

Walker WILL sign the bill. NO, you will only be able to carry handguns in a uncased and loaded condition. Talked with the NRA reps at the Capitol on Tuesday and they are going to be pushing for uncased long gun carry in the fall session. Of course, if we loose the Senate majority then that is off the table. This is why we need to support all the Republicans being recalled in any way we can. It is vital to retain control of the Senate. If not, the Democrats will not allow ANY Republican initiatives to pass as a way to punish Walker.
    Jim Burgess
    NRA Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by comp45acp View Post
    Walker WILL sign the bill. NO, you will only be able to carry handguns in a uncased and loaded condition. Talked with the NRA reps at the Capitol on Tuesday and they are going to be pushing for uncased long gun carry in the fall session. Of course, if we loose the Senate majority then that is off the table. This is why we need to support all the Republicans being recalled in any way we can. It is vital to retain control of the Senate. If not, the Democrats will not allow ANY Republican initiatives to pass as a way to punish Walker.
    Wrong, it is best to support the candidate who is the best for the job. Too many RINOs out there.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

You're right, there's too many RINOs.

But if we lost a couple of (R) senators that didn't support 2A in favor of a couple of (D) who do, then progress stops because the (D) will take over control of committees and the senate as a whole, and there's not enough good (D) for us to make any further progress.

Until the majority of the (D) crowd sees things our way (which I don't think is happening anytime soon), it's better to keep the RINOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Teej View Post
    You're right, there's too many RINOs.

But if we lost a couple of (R) senators that didn't support 2A in favor of a couple of (D) who do, then progress stops because the (D) will take over control of committees and the senate as a whole, and there's not enough good (D) for us to make any further progress.

Until the majority of the (D) crowd sees things our way (which I don't think is happening anytime soon), it's better to keep the RINOs.
    RINOs are as good as dems so it really doesn't matter. I'm more liberty minded.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Honestly I'm quite a centrist. If it weren't for firearms and my feelings towards this essential freedom/right, most elections would be a coinflip for me - my feelings for/against each party pretty much balance out.

With liberty comes sacrifice...

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    RINOs are as good as dems so it really doesn't matter. I'm more liberty minded.
    ...If one must give an inch to gain a mile, so be it.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

Quote Originally Posted by comp45acp View Post
    Long gun carry would be cool too !
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I am still digesting all of this, but long gun carry may have had the "unloaded, and in a LOCKED case" added.

That wording was in one of the bills, I don't know if it made it or not.

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/senate/se..._001%20FAQ.pdf <-- read that to find out.

McX
    Last edited by McX; 06-23-2011 at 05:02 PM.