• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I have some carrying questions.

srt20

So if Walker signs the CCW bill, will this change the laws for long guns? Will we be able to carry an uncased shotgun or rifle in our vehicles, or more importantly to me, our ATV/UTVs? As the law has been, while hunting, I would have to unload and case my shotguns or rifles when driving my ATV from spot to spot. Would I be able to transport guns uncased and loaded? It only make sense, since we would be able to drive with handguns. Thanks

M

McX

that segment of the bill i believe is limited to: yes, you can only if your name is billyjoejimbob.

comp45acp

Walker WILL sign the bill. NO, you will only be able to carry handguns in a uncased and loaded condition. Talked with the NRA reps at the Capitol on Tuesday and they are going to be pushing for uncased long gun carry in the fall session. Of course, if we loose the Senate majority then that is off the table. This is why we need to support all the Republicans being recalled in any way we can. It is vital to retain control of the Senate. If not, the Democrats will not allow ANY Republican initiatives to pass as a way to punish Walker.

protias

Walker WILL sign the bill. NO, you will only be able to carry handguns in a uncased and loaded condition. Talked with the NRA reps at the Capitol on Tuesday and they are going to be pushing for uncased long gun carry in the fall session. Of course, if we loose the Senate majority then that is off the table. This is why we need to support all the Republicans being recalled in any way we can. It is vital to retain control of the Senate. If not, the Democrats will not allow ANY Republican initiatives to pass as a way to punish Walker.
Wrong, it is best to support the candidate who is the best for the job. Too many RINOs out there.

Teej

You're right, there's too many RINOs.

But if we lost a couple of (R) senators that didn't support 2A in favor of a couple of (D) who do, then progress stops because the (D) will take over control of committees and the senate as a whole, and there's not enough good (D) for us to make any further progress.

Until the majority of the (D) crowd sees things our way (which I don't think is happening anytime soon), it's better to keep the RINOs.

protias

You're right, there's too many RINOs.

But if we lost a couple of (R) senators that didn't support 2A in favor of a couple of (D) who do, then progress stops because the (D) will take over control of committees and the senate as a whole, and there's not enough good (D) for us to make any further progress.

Until the majority of the (D) crowd sees things our way (which I don't think is happening anytime soon), it's better to keep the RINOs.
RINOs are as good as dems so it really doesn't matter. I'm more liberty minded.

Teej

Honestly I'm quite a centrist. If it weren't for firearms and my feelings towards this essential freedom/right, most elections would be a coinflip for me - my feelings for/against each party pretty much balance out.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

Long gun carry would be cool too !