Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will Walker sign the bill ?

When will Walker sign the bill ?

What is the process now ?
    Any one of you lily livered, flea bitten, bow legged varmints care to slap leather with me?

A.S.N.F.
    A Son NEVER Forgets

Quote Originally Posted by Da Po-lock View Post
    What is the process now ?
    If you believe this website ( http://www.progressive.org/kemble062211.html ) it has already been signed. It is the only place that I've found where it says it's been signed already.
    Rand Paul 2016

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
    If you believe this website ( http://www.progressive.org/kemble062211.html ) it has already been signed. It is the only place that I've found where it says it's been signed already.
    However, the bill history doesn't say it has so I believe it hasn't.

I don't believe it. I would think news like this would be splattered all over more credible media. Besides, Walker seems to have a chubby for the Demo-RATS and I would hope he would rub their noses into everything they don't want to happen.

Somewhere I read something about "transcribing" or something to that effect that has to be done before he signs it. I looked around and can't find where I saw it.

.....STUMPED Po-lock
    Any one of you lily livered, flea bitten, bow legged varmints care to slap leather with me?

A.S.N.F.
    A Son NEVER Forgets

I also would like to know! Not only for the personal excitement (shaking like an excited child!), but I know a few guys on the holster thread want to know too.

He has not signed it yet, but if he does want to sign it, he has 5 more business days to do so.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    He has not signed it yet, but if he does want to sign it, he has 5 more business days to do so.
    The Governor has 30 days to sign it, after that, the Secretary of State has 10 business days to notice a publication date.

I think you may have the two mixed up.

It is rumored that he will sign it after 2 weeks. It will be signed publicly after 2 other bills are signed publically. The bill signings are being spread out.

ETA: By 'rumored' I mean word of mouth. Many of us that were in the gallery went to a bar across from the capital to celebrate with legislators and staff and that is what I heard one of them say.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 06-23-2011 at 01:46 PM.

I never thought I would want a pen from a signing... but i would LOVE to get one of those pens he signs SB93 with.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    The Governor has 30 days to sign it, after that, the Secretary of State has 10 business days to notice a publication date.

I think you may have the two mixed up.

It is rumored that he will sign it after 2 weeks. It will be signed publicly after 2 other bills are signed publically. The bill signings are being spread out.
    I thought I heard on the radio this morning he has 6 days to sign it.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

WI Constitution Article V, Section 10 Governor to approve or veto bills; proceedings on veto

Paragraph 3:

"Any bill not returned by the governor within 6 days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to the governor shall be law unless the legislature, by final adjournment, prevents the bill’s return, in which case it shall not be law."
    Last edited by Big Dipper; 06-23-2011 at 02:07 PM.

I hate to be a bubble buster....but unless somebody fast tracks this, it might not even hit Walker's desk until 8/4.

The current status is just that it has been received (by the senate) from the Assembly as concurred.

Next step is for it to be stamped 'enrolled'. Then at some point, enrolled bills get sent to the governor. That's when the 6 day clock starts. Currently enrolled bills must be submitted "no later than 4:30 pm on August 4th."

Of course, if the Senate is done with business for this floor period (as I believe it is), it is _likely_ that enrolled bills will be sent very soon....but it has not happened _yet_.
    Last edited by Teej; 06-23-2011 at 02:10 PM.

I just called the Governors office, his aid say's they have no date yet
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dipper View Post
    WI Constitution Article V, Section 10 Governor to approve or veto bills; proceedings on veto

Paragraph 3:

"Any bill not returned by the governor within 6 days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to the governor shall be law unless the legislature, by final adjournment, prevents the bill’s return, in which case it shall not be law."
    Is it different for the Budget? Cuz that is where I got the 30 days from. What I heard was he had 30 days to veto or line-item veto. If he takes no action after 30 days in automatically go to the Sec. of State.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    I just called the Governors office, his aid say's they have no date yet
    A legislative staffer said that the Governor has 3 bills to sign, and SB93 will be the third. The ceremonial bill signings are going to be spread out over 2 or so weeks for political exposure.

Is it different for the Budget? Cuz that is where I got the 30 days from. What I heard was he had 30 days to veto or line-item veto. If he takes no action after 30 days in automatically go to the Sec. of State.
    A scan of the WI Constitution (http://legis.wisconsin.gov/rsb/unannotated_wisconst.pdf) for "days" finds nothing other than the "6 days" reference regarding the Governor and the signing of a bill (regardless as to nature).

A legislative staffer said that the Governor has 3 bills to sign, and SB93 will be the third. The ceremonial bill signings are going to be spread out over 2 or so weeks for political exposure.
    Cool. That'll be a good way to remind me of his sticking permits and a freakin' database in there.

I think BrokenSprocket commented in another thread (sorry if it wasn't you) that Walker's aides said he was spreading bills out over a couple of weeks.

Just to update and perhaps confirm that to some extent...as I said, this bill hasn't even officially been sent to him yet. The status updated overnight to having been officially "enrolled" yesterday.

The next entry to watch for will be the comment that it was delivered to the Gov. That's when the 6 day clock starts, and it doesn't _have_ to happen before Aug. 4th (although we're pretty sure it will be in the next few days).

There might also be a tag in there "Report properly enrolled" before going to the Gov.

Quote Originally Posted by Teej View Post
    I think BrokenSprocket commented in another thread (sorry if it wasn't you) that Walker's aides said he was spreading bills out over a couple of weeks.

Just to update and perhaps confirm that to some extent...as I said, this bill hasn't even officially been sent to him yet. The status updated overnight to having been officially "enrolled" yesterday.

The next entry to watch for will be the comment that it was delivered to the Gov. That's when the 6 day clock starts, and it doesn't _have_ to happen before Aug. 4th (although we're pretty sure it will be in the next few days).

There might also be a tag in there "Report properly enrolled" before going to the Gov.
    It wasn't one of Walker's aides , but a staffer to iehter Scott or Jeff Fitzgerald. He said there were 3 bills to sign and they wer being spread out over 2 weeks. Now we have found out that the siggning of SB93 is goingto be a 'Grand Show'. People are bieng flown in for this event. Undconfirmed rumor that Ted Nugent MIGHT be there. I bet the NRA will be there in force. I wonder if WCI-BOD will be there?

I heard on the radio news this morning that Gov. Walker will be signing the Budget Bill early next week... Hopfully the C.C. Bill will be next on the list...

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    I heard on the radio news this morning that Gov. Walker will be signing the Budget Bill early next week... Hopfully the C.C. Bill will be next on the list...

Outdoorsman1
    He is signing the Budget Bill on Sunday in the Green Bay area. I heard its at a manufacturer in Ashwaubenon.

I dont know why they are trying to make a "grand event" out of it, just keep it moving

Signed AND PUBLISHED before the end of June PLEASE! Or, we wait another month unnecessarily!

"SECTION 101.0 Effective dates. This act takes effect on the first day of the 4th month beginning after publication, except as follows:..."

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dipper View Post
    Signed AND PUBLISHED before the end of June PLEASE! Or, we wait another month unnecessarily!

"SECTION 101.0 Effective dates. This act takes effect on the first day of the 4th month beginning after publication, except as follows:..."
    Never going to happen. We knew that when the Assembly did not take up S93 on the Thursday after the Senate passed it on Tuesday. If they would have taken it up on Thursday, the Governor would have had to sign it immediately and get it to the Sec. of States office that Friday for it to be published by June 30.

At this point, it does not matter when Walker signs it as long as he signs it by July 16, so it will be published by July 30. It will be signed within the next week and a half.

Parts of the bill are scheduled to take effect on July 1st... so I'd assume he'd sign it before then. ???

If it hasn't been posted elsewhere yet... Here's a link to the enrolled, and final rendition, of SB93... http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/data...11enSB0093.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by safcrkr View Post
    Parts of the bill are scheduled to take effect on July 1st... so I'd assume he'd sign it before then. ???

If it hasn't been posted elsewhere yet... Here's a link to the enrolled, and final rendition, of SB93... http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/data...11enSB0093.pdf
    The following in the only part that will take eaffect on July 1st:
    20.455 (2) (gs) Background check for licenses to
    carry concealed weapons. The amounts in the schedule
    to provide services under s. 175.60. All moneys received
    as fee payments under s. 175.60 (7) (c) and (d), (13), and
    (15) (b) 4. a. and b. shall be credited to this appropriation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast