• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Libs crying because open air festivals won't be able to post no guns allowed.

protias

"Milwaukee will be like the wild wild west," Said State Rep. Elizabeth Coggs.

Show me one state that has had this problem!

Big Dipper

"Milwaukee will be like the wild wild west," Said State Rep. Elizabeth Coggs.

Show me one state that has had this problem!

...EVER!

That was a fiction (in large part) created by novelists in the late 1800s to sell their adventure fiction at the time. It was then built on with the oaters in the first half of the 1900s and also by the popular Western TV shows of the '50s and '60s/

M

McX

are you guys sure? the lib in the shirt on tv last night said no summerfest carry, mentioned it by name.

Teej

There's a difference between summerfest (gated, charges admission) and street festivals (no gates).

The former can (and we can assume in the case of summerfest...will...) post. I sorta assume miller park will as well.

Last edited:

apjonas

Summerfest

are you guys sure? the lib in the shirt on tv last night said no summerfest carry, mentioned it by name.

has been mentioned frequently over the last few weeks. Read the relevant posts to discover why Summerfest, may be, but is not necessarily a no carry area.

Having gated access may be a factor but is not dispositive.
Charging admission may be a factor but is not dispositive.

I'm beginning to think that some posters (like a lot of news reporters) haven't read the bill.

Question: May Milwaukee Zoo post its facilities? Why or why not?

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
"Milwaukee will be like the wild wild west," Said State Rep. Elizabeth Coggs. "To think that you can take a gun to a park, a bar, a daycare center, the zoo ... it's ridiculous."

Ms. Coggs.....Where should you be allowed to take guns? The answer to that question would be very telling. These types of people are just plain out ignorant hoplophobes.

Name one instance of "the wild wild west", I live in the West Ms. Coggs and you are simply and ignorantly wrong. Seattle (in the Wild West, OC/CC is rampant) has a murder rate of about 28 a year. Milwaukee has an average of just over 100!

I take my firearm to the park everyday. I take my firearm to the zoo. I take my firearm to the school (used to be daycare) to pick up my kids.

Ms. Coggs...you are ridiculous!

M

McX

has been mentioned frequently over the last few weeks. Read the relevant posts to discover why Summerfest, may be, but is not necessarily a no carry area.

I'm beginning to think that some posters (like a lot of news reporters) haven't read the bill.

i wasnt questioning, or disputing. i was illustrating what is being fed to the public even as we speak.

rimmer

I'm getting real tired of the crybaby Libs. I hope that the rest of them get voted out next time.
F*** em!
oscar

Wolf1477

I take my firearm to the zoo.

And you don't go on Safari? Amazing... According to our Antis that's what we'll do when carrying in a zoo. I've already cleared space for my "Exotic Animals of the Zoo" head mounts on my wall.

Then again, this *is* WI where all we need are cheese and brats....mmmm...penguin brats.

Lurchiron

problem is we cant vote out the lib media

I think that the libs are running on fumes as far as their media net is concerned.
All their ratings are tanking, the masses are awakening to their lies & scare tactics.

How many times did the boy cry wolf...before the wolf ate him??? That's the lib model and they ARE losing; soon to be eating their own, one would imagine.

Carry On, Stand Tall, and crush any whiny lib double-speak; no mercy or quarter given...:cuss:

Lurchiron

And you don't go on Safari? Amazing... According to our Antis that's what we'll do when carrying in a zoo. I've already cleared space for my "Exotic Animals of the Zoo" head mounts on my wall.

Then again, this *is* WI where all we need are cheese and brats....mmmm...penguin brats.

Just wondering...would one need a Great Lakes or inland, Penguin stamp???:cool:

paul@paul-fisher.com

No.

It's not a special event.

943.13 (1e) (h) “Special event” means an event that is open to the public, is for
a duration of not more than 3 weeks, and either has designated entrances to and from
the event that are locked when the event is closed or requires an admission.

Last edited:

Teej

My read? They could post the buildings but not the grounds.

The zoo is not a residence, nonresidence building, or school.

A landowner cannot post if the intention is to keep you from carrying firearms, if you have a license.

And as I mentioned in the Haack thread - they can't prohibit you from carrying a taser. Food for thought.

XDFDE45

All I can say is

emot-jerkit.gif