• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Goodwill hunting

Badger Johnson

Went by Goodwill today in F-burg and was amazed to find a like-new pair of 34-32 Goodrich tactical pants, w/10 pockets (similar to but better than 5.11 brand) - $4.99. I've now gotten five pairs of tactical pants, one pair of 5.11 shorts, two great concealment vests, a concealment jacket and a couple of heavy duty 1.5" belts over the past year. The lot for about $30 bucks.

If you've got a good store in your area, it's worth checking out. I can only assume there are a couple of 'operators' who have/are growing too big for their breeches, gawd bless 'em. :)

If you like online shopping I got a 10mm wide 22" long gold herringbone chain, 10-14 carat gold for about $40. You'd pay over $200-300 in stores for something like that IF you can find one. Search for 'shop goodwill' and make an account and watch the auctions.

HTH.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Trademark, Copyright.....lol

You mean you bought a .....

"Shoot Me First Vest" ???

(p.s. <sarcasm> I use this trademarked phrase (j/k) to point out the folly that the CCers claim that I will be shot first in a robery to the point that I can point out a CC carrier just as easy and if I were a bad guy I would just shoot anyone with a "SMFV" on!)

Badger Johnson

Actually, it's a nylon vest from Banana Republic which looks just like a rain vest with a high collar from the outside with two small horiz. zip pockets. Does not look like a SMFV.

I got the only two in the world, lol.

But, I think you -might- be missing the point of the OP. :dude:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Actually, it's a nylon vest from Banana Republic which looks just like a rain vest with a high collar from the outside with two small horiz. zip pockets. Does not look like a SMFV.

I got the only two in the world, lol.

But, I think you -might- be missing the point of the OP. :dude:

I am not missing the point, I understand it completely.

Riana

I can only assume there are a couple of 'operators' who have/are growing too big for their breeches, gawd bless 'em. :)

The only clothes I ever donate to Goodwill (or Salvation Army) are those that have shrunk while hanging in my closet. :rolleyes:

Goodwill and Salvation Army can have really good deals on things - you just have to be patient enough to wade through the crappy ones first. :D

jbone

Last month I picked up a brand new with the tag-on Field & Stream fishing vest at a garage sale, $3.00. I find I like it better for shooting, can pocket a box of 12G, serveral mags, hunting license; in case a coyota stumbles across, and pockets remaining for plenty of other small items for the range.

Dreamer

My local Goodwill store is posted, so I don't go there very often, unless I can see something REALLY interesting through the windows from the parking lot...

since9

Campaign Veteran
My local Goodwill store is posted, so I don't go there very often, unless I can see something REALLY interesting through the windows from the parking lot...

Same. They only posted against OC, and only about two months ago. I sent HQ a polite letter stating my intent of refusing to buy or donate to them until they start respecting our Constitution and all whom have fought and died for it over the last 235 years, beginning with retracting their ban on firearms.