• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whats the story?

maustin195

I was just on MGO and they recommend people having a problem try WWW.migunowners.org. I am not an expert and some other members can log on on wireless but not wired internet,might be worth a try. Others can log on wiyh one computer but not another at the same home.

PDinDetroit

Heck, I just thought they BANNED ME (someone who can login see if PDinDetroit is BANNED).

From my quick research:

All of my connections that are AT&T Network-Based (3 Internet and 1 Phone) fail to get to MGO even by IP Address.

All of my connections that are Sprint Network-Based (1 Phone) get to MGO by any address utilized.

From Network Tools, I can get to MGO: http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=trace&host=www.migunowners.org

Someone needs to ask MGO if they recently BANNED SOMEONE and contacted their ISP (AT&T) to stop communications from that person. It may well be that the ISP Vendor issued a BAN Further than what was needed or requested.

eastmeyers

Heck, I just thought they BANNED ME (someone who can login see if PDinDetroit is BANNED).

From my quick research:

All of my connections that are AT&T Network-Based (3 Internet and 1 Phone) fail to get to MGO even by IP Address.

All of my connections that are Sprint Network-Based (1 Phone) get to MGO by any address utilized.

From Network Tools, I can get to MGO: http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=trace&host=www.migunowners.org

Someone needs to ask MGO if they recently BANNED SOMEONE and contacted their ISP (AT&T) to stop communications from that person. It may well be that the ISP Vendor issued a BAN Further than what was needed or requested.

You are not banned. WOW works now, but did not work from about 5pm yesterday, til about 2pm today. T-Mobile also works, I didn't try it, before, just now.

Bronson

It's still no-go for me...we're on AT&T. When I try manually typing the address in the URL bar it takes me to a Google search results page. From that page I cannot connect. I also cannot connect from my bookmarks or through links from other websites. Clearing cookies did nothing either.

Bronson

Sheldon

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" ran diagnostics and got a "pinged host 207.179.90.222 there was no responce."... and that was just a couple of minutes ago, and ATT here too, could it be them?

Meanwhile anyone that can log on please notify the web master for those of us that cannot, maybe they have an thought.

Last edited:

Onnie

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" ran diagnostics and got a "pinged host 207.179.90.222 there was no responce."... and that was just a couple of minutes ago, and ATT here too, could it be them?

Meanwhile anyone that can log on please notify the web master for those of us that cannot, maybe they have an thought.

9:05
Charter from monroe mi ping

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\DAD>ping 207.179.90.222

Pinging 207.179.90.222 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 207.179.90.222: bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=51
Reply from 207.179.90.222: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 207.179.90.222:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 30ms, Maximum = 31ms, Average = 30ms

PDinDetroit

9:05
Charter from monroe mi ping

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\DAD>ping 207.179.90.222

Reply from 207.179.90.222: bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=51

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 30ms, Maximum = 31ms, Average = 30ms

From AT&T:

ping 207.179.90.222

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Network Tools is on Level 3 Network and can get there...

http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=express&host=207.179.90.222

eastmeyers

I was able to log on several times yesterday and today with no issues. Both with Comcast internet and with my iphone on the att network.
You may have an iphone, you may have a contract with at&t, you may have gotten your iphone from at&t (seeing as how they had the iphone monopoly forever), you iphone may even have a lil at&t logo somewhere on the screen. But alas, you are not actually using the at&t network, at&t, like t-mobile uses sim-cards. Verizon and Sprint don't. I don't remember the names of these different kinds of networks, but they are not compatible, so at&t, leases or contracts out their iphone service to another provider. I don't remember who.

The sim-card system is actually considered to be more advanced, but most of the world does not have it. This is why apple decided against it. This is also why if you have t-mobile or at&t (other than certain phones, iphone being one of these certain phones), and you go to Europe or Asia, you have to go get a loaner phone from your provider.

ETA: If your using Wi-Fi, its not using your cell's ISP.

Last edited:

craigm

You may have an iphone, you may have a contract with at&t, you may have gotten your iphone from at&t (seeing as how they had the iphone monopoly forever), you iphone may even have a lil at&t logo somewhere on the screen. But alas, you are not actually using the at&t network, at&t, like t-mobile uses sim-cards. Verizon and Sprint don't. I don't remember the names of these different kinds of networks, but they are not compatible, so at&t, leases or contracts out their iphone service to another provider. I don't remember who.

The sim-card system is actually considered to be more advanced, but most of the world does not have it. This is why apple decided against it. This is also why if you have t-mobile or at&t (other than certain phones, iphone being one of these certain phones), and you go to Europe or Asia, you have to go get a loaner phone from your provider.

I don't mean to be a jerk but the AT&T network is just that, the iPhone does have a SIM on AT&T, and the reason you need a loaner phone in most countries is they use a different frequency than here in the states. GSM was the leader worldwide last I knew.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk