• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whats the story?

SlowDog

I too was beginning to think I was banned. I can't get in on either laptop or iPhone. I was at a restaurant with wifi but still couldn't access MGO. They might be using ATT also. I have been two days now without access.

Bronson

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" ran diagnostics and got a "pinged host 207.179.90.222 there was no responce."... and that was just a couple of minutes ago, and ATT here too, could it be them?

That's the same message I get when I run the diagnostic. I just checked it at 1:00 a.m. Fri. and it's still out.

Bronson

eastmeyers

I don't mean to be a jerk but the AT&T network is just that, the iPhone does have a SIM on AT&T, and the reason you need a loaner phone in most countries is they use a different frequency than here in the states. GSM was the leader worldwide last I knew.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Your not a jerk dude.
I could be wrong about the iphone (my brother just got the new one from at&t, the iphone4 I think? It has no sim card), but I know I am right about the sim ~vs~ no sim thing. And why t-mobile and at&t use them and sprint and verizon do not. I have a cousin (like a brother, you know the kind), who works for t-mobile in the techy dept. Not talking to customers but doing things like the at&t t-mobile thingy magiger. I am really up on this stuff!
:monkey

eastmeyers

Noooooooooooooo

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Now its back down for me, thanks a lot you at&t subscribers for infecting me!

Different message this time, instead of IE not responding, its the good ole 404 Not Found! Will update with ping...

ETA:
Pinging miopencarry.org [69.89.31.202] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 69.89.31.202: bytes=32 time=305ms TTL=57
Reply from 69.89.31.202: bytes=32 time=90ms TTL=57
Reply from 69.89.31.202: bytes=32 time=88ms TTL=57
Reply from 69.89.31.202: bytes=32 time=85ms TTL=57

Ping statistics for Reply from 69.89.31.202:
packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip time in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 85ms, Maximum = 305ms, Average = 142ms

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
2:20am

FirefoxFail.jpg

craigm

Judging by the trace route, the packets aren't going any farther than AT&T's network. I'm going to guess it's a routing issue with AT&T or one of their peering providers.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Sheldon

Got it!!!

Tried again just a little while ago and Nada, same error message, same report when I tried to ping it. So I pulled the power from the ATT router counted to 10 plugged it back in and BINGO! Something must be amiss with their system and you need to do a reset to get it to update, and yes the MORONS AT ATT COULD HAVE TOLD YOU THAT!!!