• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whats the story?

luv_jeeps

Campaign Veteran
No go from here in Boulder, CO using an AT&T DS-3.
If I hop onto a Unix machine at my house that's connected using Comcast it works fine.
My guess (as posted above) is some sort of BGP/Peering issue with AT&T.

PDinDetroit

Next person to get on MGO, start a thread over there so that the mods are aware, and can go to work on the problem from thier end.

They are working on it. I am now able to get on using AT&T UVerse Internet, but cannot from AT&T Smart Phone, from Sprint Smart Phone, or from my Corporate Internet.

TheSzerdi

Try manually setting your computer's DNS servers. I have mine set to 8.8.8.8 and 208.67.220.220 from when Comcast's DNS went down a while back.

(To manually set DNS go to your network connections in conrtol panel, rightclick your network adapter and select properties, select Internet Protocol and click properties, check "Use the following DNS server addresses" and put in the ones I listed above.)

maustin195

Thats really strange because I cant get on with my laptop but can with my Sprint phone. I checked and there are lots of posts from only 1 minute ago. I get some Appache Cpanel and WHM page on the home computers.

stainless1911

Banned
prolly .gov. There has been some scuttlebut about starting a revolution on the 4th. Too bad not enough people are interested. The .gov would shut down the internet if we decided we wanted our freedom back. Sheeple, pffft.

Mosnar87

My email (gmail) was accesed by someone from outside the US yesterday and it shared a username and password with my MGO account. I have since fixed this rather n00bish security fallacy but I doubt the hack was anything more than a fishing expedition, looking for personal information to use in identity theft.

Last edited: