• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LOC in Washington County with CHL

Window_Seat

All.

I will be in WC in just a bit for only a few days, and renting a car, and wonder about your experiences in the area of Portland, from the airport (PDX) to Beaverton, and points in between.

Any "looks", or MWAG calls? have guys/gals ever gotten tackled and screamed at with guns drawn? More than likely not, but there would likely have to be that occasional "encounter" that has happened here.

Lately, I find it increasingly uncomfortable to CHL, and would like to finally do this without pushing buttons. However, since I live in the "belly of the beast", I'm still just a bit on the :uhoh: side.

BTW, Oregon ranks #1 in personal freedom, so I would probably be best just relaxing.

Erik.

Phssthpok

PDX is not in Washington county. PDX is Multnomah county.

Oregon does not recognize any other states CHL/CPL/CCW...you cannot LOC in Portland or Beaverton legally. Additionally Portland has an arguably illegal ordinance prohibiting the carry of a loaded magazine for a sidearm you are carrying.

I have had encounters with Portland Police while UOC and there were no drawn guns, no tackles and no screaming....for the most part they were very polite in their attempts to violate my rights.

hermannr

With and Oregin License you do not have to worry about any of that stuff. OC without a license is where the Portland problem comes in.