Thread: Now what am I supposed to do?

Angry Now what am I supposed to do?

I was involved in an almost semi-partial kinda-sorta open carry NON-incident. (2 people came unglued when they saw it) I'll get into specifics later. But I sent a FOIA request to the police asking for all recordings, hand written records, etc...on the incident and they have completely ignored me. It's been a month since I sent it. What steps do I take now to get them to comply?
    I promise to write in and tell the complete details on this IDIOTIC open carry incident I went through, sometime soon.

Did LEO respond? If so did they make a report? Otherwise you may be barking up a tree you dont need to...If you can answer no to the above I would just leave it alone....

Jim

Yeah, they showed up. Someone called 911. (I believe that is always recorded)
    I don't know WHAT they filled out after they left my front door. But I am betting they
    did since they drove around town for OVER 4 hours looking for me.
    Anyways, they have simply ignored my request completely. Where do I go from here?

Quote Originally Posted by jad316 View Post
    Did LEO respond? If so did they make a report? Otherwise you may be barking up a tree you dont need to...If you can answer no to the above I would just leave it alone....

Jim
    I agree... if you were not arrested and facing a court date... I would also leave it alone..

I have heard that TOTAL FOIA request can get REAL EXPENSIVE. REAL FAST, as you will be charged for anything and everything they can associate with filling your request... man hours involved, copies of documents, copies of police reports, any fax's, phone calls, etc., etc., etc. In trying to get what you want, is probable that you might end up paying for stuff that you do not really need...

If in fact you were arrested and facing court, you should already have a lawyer... if that is the case, he should be obtaining all nessesary documents.

Outdoorsman
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by 69johnny View Post
    I was involved in an almost semi-partial kinda-sorta open carry NON-incident. (2 people came unglued when they saw it) I'll get into specifics later. But I sent a FOIA request to the police asking for all recordings, hand written records, etc...on the incident and they have completely ignored me. It's been a month since I sent it. What steps do I take now to get them to comply?
    I promise to write in and tell the complete details on this IDIOTIC open carry incident I went through, sometime soon.
    No charges, no arrest... Leave it alone to go away. There is nothing here to worry about.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO