• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now what am I supposed to do?

69johnny

I was involved in an almost semi-partial kinda-sorta open carry NON-incident. (2 people came unglued when they saw it) I'll get into specifics later. But I sent a FOIA request to the police asking for all recordings, hand written records, etc...on the incident and they have completely ignored me. It's been a month since I sent it. What steps do I take now to get them to comply?
I promise to write in and tell the complete details on this IDIOTIC open carry incident I went through, sometime soon.

jad316

Did LEO respond? If so did they make a report? Otherwise you may be barking up a tree you dont need to...If you can answer no to the above I would just leave it alone....

Jim

69johnny

Yeah, they showed up. Someone called 911. (I believe that is always recorded)
I don't know WHAT they filled out after they left my front door. But I am betting they
did since they drove around town for OVER 4 hours looking for me.
Anyways, they have simply ignored my request completely. Where do I go from here?

Outdoorsman1

Did LEO respond? If so did they make a report? Otherwise you may be barking up a tree you dont need to...If you can answer no to the above I would just leave it alone....

Jim

I agree... if you were not arrested and facing a court date... I would also leave it alone..

I have heard that TOTAL FOIA request can get REAL EXPENSIVE. REAL FAST, as you will be charged for anything and everything they can associate with filling your request... man hours involved, copies of documents, copies of police reports, any fax's, phone calls, etc., etc., etc. In trying to get what you want, is probable that you might end up paying for stuff that you do not really need...

If in fact you were arrested and facing court, you should already have a lawyer... if that is the case, he should be obtaining all nessesary documents.

Outdoorsman

mspgunner

I was involved in an almost semi-partial kinda-sorta open carry NON-incident. (2 people came unglued when they saw it) I'll get into specifics later. But I sent a FOIA request to the police asking for all recordings, hand written records, etc...on the incident and they have completely ignored me. It's been a month since I sent it. What steps do I take now to get them to comply?
I promise to write in and tell the complete details on this IDIOTIC open carry incident I went through, sometime soon.

No charges, no arrest... Leave it alone to go away. There is nothing here to worry about.