Thread: SD Shooting caught on tape.

SD Shooting caught on tape.

http://www.whiotv.com/video/index.html

Looks like he did things right, 2 shots to put the BG down, stopped shooting.

Centurion
    Just love the media and the police... "Appears to be a case of self-defense!"

And never once did I hear them say that the victim (the permit holder) ALLEGEDLY did anything.

I can't take any news reporting professional with a lisp seriously.

Did he get back in the car to get his gun? If so, bet he will figure out a way to always have it on him for the future.

See, now that's what I was wondering. To me, it almost looked like he was trying to retreat into the car and couldn't...but, it also looks like he may have gone into it to retrieve his pistol. Hard to say myself, I was hoping someone else would notice that.

Good SD,
    good cop,
    good video,
    and yeah, I betcha he carries from now on.

Finally, a news story that doesn't mislabel the attacker who got shot as the "victim",
    & doesn't use emotionally-charged terms like "gunman" for the citizen defender.

PS: I'm a bit suprised that the 2nd attacker came back, & very suprised that the one who got shot admitted being on illegal drugs & "up to no good".
    Last edited by MKEgal; 06-24-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Good SD,
    good cop,
    good video,
    and yeah, I betcha he carries from now on.

Finally, a news story that doesn't mislabel the attacker who got shot as the "victim",
    & doesn't use emotionally-charged terms like "gunman" for the citizen defender.

PS: I'm a bit suprised that the 2nd attacker came back, & very suprised that the one who got shot admitted being on illegal drugs & "up to no good".
    Honest crackheads

Have you ever watched COPS? I like to watch that show to see what NOT to do and also the tactics that the police use to try to get you to give up your rights.

Most times that I have watched that show, they will read someone their rights and then ask them if they understand those rights. Immediately after that they ask questions and the person under arrest starts blabbing their head off and admitting anything and everything. It is absolutely amazing how no one ever asserts their rights and just shuts up!

Actually I did watch one episode where some guy told the officer that he did not consent to a search of his vehicle. It didn't really matter though because he had a pot plant sitting in the bed of his truck in open view so they had all the PC they needed. But most other times the officers ask if they mind if they look in the car and they say no - and then they find drugs! Such idiots!

The victim (look ma, no quotes!) is a member of the Ohioans For Concealed Carry forum and has posted his experience over there. Thought I'd provide a link for further details.

To the shooter, ya done good, and make sure to cover your butt, I'd hate to see the next story out of Dayton be a retribution kill.

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53502
    Last edited by Wolf1477; 06-24-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatting View Post
    Have you ever watched COPS? I like to watch that show to see what NOT to do and also the tactics that the police use to try to get you to give up your rights.

Most times that I have watched that show, they will read someone their rights and then ask them if they understand those rights. Immediately after that they ask questions and the person under arrest starts blabbing their head off and admitting anything and everything. It is absolutely amazing how no one ever asserts their rights and just shuts up!

Actually I did watch one episode where some guy told the officer that he did not consent to a search of his vehicle. It didn't really matter though because he had a pot plant sitting in the bed of his truck in open view so they had all the PC they needed. But most other times the officers ask if they mind if they look in the car and they say no - and then they find drugs! Such idiots!
    Police always have "probably cause." It is how they articulate that "probable cause" to get a warrant.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Ummm the video that is now playing from the OP link

2A
    Last edited by OC-moto450r; 08-02-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Good work indeed.
    2 solid doses of John Browning's finest, right where it matters.
    And another check in the "proper" fight-stopping round box.

Quote Originally Posted by OC-moto450r View Post
    IS...."Woman Accused Of Stealing Frozen Bull Sperm"

It's on the same page... look for "dayton sunoco surveillance video" or something...

http://www.whiotv.com/video/flv/2011...602/index.html

Here ya go... (Although I did get a chuckle out of the stolen sperm story at first).

I have a question and I'm not here to start a fight but where was the tactical advantage in CC in this situation?

I know I am on an OC sight.

Here is the things that I know will come up
    The victim did not have gun on him in the store: But if he had been CC how would that have changed if he didn't pull his firearm until was attacked.

The victim had the element of surprise: But why should he have needed to surprise the perps? Would they have chosen to attack the victim if he was OC. I understand that they may have attacked because they were on drugs but they may not have if they would have seen the gun in the store. To me the element of surprise is a dumb reason because you are already in a conflict, such as this man, before you are able to draw. I know you can yell stop I have a gun, which I believe the victim did but would he needed to yell that if he was OC?

The basic question is at what point does CC ever become a tactical advantage?

Can you give me real world situations where an attack has been avoided because of CC?

Not to get in to an argument but just earnestly wanting to know.

found a screenshot of his buddy's facebook. looks like they're both trash.

http://gunguynextdoor.blogspot.com/

you can see the bullet wounds too.

Quote Originally Posted by Packer fan View Post
    I have a question and I'm not here to start a fight but where was the tactical advantage in CC in this situation?

The victim did not have gun on him in the store: But if he had been CC how would that have changed if he didn't pull his firearm until was attacked.

The victim had the element of surprise: But why should he have needed to surprise the perps? Would they have chosen to attack the victim if he was OC. I understand that they may have attacked because they were on drugs but they may not have if they would have seen the gun in the store. To me the element of surprise is a dumb reason because you are already in a conflict, such as this man, before you are able to draw. I know you can yell stop I have a gun, which I believe the victim did but would he needed to yell that if he was OC?

Can you give me real world situations where an attack has been avoided because of CC?

only time i can see a tactical advantage to cc over oc is in a hostage or "gun-already-pointed-at-you" situation. OC would definitely have deterred these white trash attackers before the fact.

Tough situation. Good thing he was able to defend himself.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Looks like the dumb-dumb who was the #2 guy in the assault decided he wanted to jump on the concealed pistol band wagon... he forgot to get his license first though.

http://www.jailbase.com/en/arrested/...urn-jr-1115426

Throw away the key. Please.

Regular Member frommycolddeadhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Packer fan View Post

I would have to say that there is a high probability that if he was OC'ing his gun, the crackhead would have waited to pester someone else. (Impossible to say for sure, Crackheads aren't exactly known for their wits and predictability) Also, it looked to me like his gun wasn't concealed on his person, but was inside the car, so it wasn't exactly a CC situation.

As far as tactical advantage of OC vs CC, that discussion has been had many a time. Personally I have a CC permit, and I know a lot of other folks on this forum do too. I'm a definate supporter of OC as a right, but I don't OC all day every day. It depends on where I'm going, what I'm doing, and what is most comforatable for me at the time. (Although I do think OC is much more comforatable in general and there is certainly a deterrent element that does not come with CC)

The only time when I would say CC has a tactical edge is if you know you are going to a place which is crowded (People in a packed space, bumping into one another like a can of sardines). I do get edgy about a possible joker trying to grab my gun from its holster when I'm in those sorts of situations. (I don't own a retention holster). In crowded spaces such as that your situational awareness drops significantly, and it's hard to track who is standing behind you/beside you. The only way to keep track of the gun on your hip is to place a hand on the grip. (Which freaks people out) so I'll usually choose to conceal it in those sorts of situations just for my own piece of mind (usually in a coat pocket where I can non-chalantly keep my hand on it if I need to).
    God is the one driving this stagecoach, I'm just riding shotgun.

I can see the merits of concealment in crowded urban areas, but it is obviously the choice of the person on how they wish to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by HKcarrier View Post
    Looks like the dumb-dumb who was the #2 guy in the assault decided he wanted to jump on the concealed pistol band wagon... he forgot to get his license first though.

http://www.jailbase.com/en/arrested/...urn-jr-1115426

Throw away the key. Please.
    Yeah, I saw that myself...what a meathead. They both have fairly significant criminal histories, I don't remember which of 'em it was that I saw had 4 or more violent crimes.

Some of the crimes in his history are fairly comical however...I think he's the only person I've actually heard of getting arrested for jaywalking.

Quote Originally Posted by frommycolddeadhands View Post
    I would have to say that there is a high probability that if he was OC'ing his gun, the crackhead would have waited to pester someone else. (Impossible to say for sure, Crackheads aren't exactly known for their wits and predictability) Also, it looked to me like his gun wasn't concealed on his person, but was inside the car, so it wasn't exactly a CC situation.

As far as tactical advantage of OC vs CC, that discussion has been had many a time. Personally I have a CC permit, and I know a lot of other folks on this forum do too. I'm a definate supporter of OC as a right, but I don't OC all day every day. It depends on where I'm going, what I'm doing, and what is most comforatable for me at the time. (Although I do think OC is much more comforatable in general and there is certainly a deterrent element that does not come with CC)

The only time when I would say CC has a tactical edge is if you know you are going to a place which is crowded (People in a packed space, bumping into one another like a can of sardines). I do get edgy about a possible joker trying to grab my gun from its holster when I'm in those sorts of situations. (I don't own a retention holster). In crowded spaces such as that your situational awareness drops significantly, and it's hard to track who is standing behind you/beside you. The only way to keep track of the gun on your hip is to place a hand on the grip. (Which freaks people out) so I'll usually choose to conceal it in those sorts of situations just for my own piece of mind (usually in a coat pocket where I can non-chalantly keep my hand on it if I need to).
    Thank you for the response. You gave a good reason where CC maybe a better choice but tactically I don't know.

One of the first times I OC was in Springfield, Mo. I walked in to a BK for a bite to eat and it got crowded quick. I was very nerves about my firearm with people standing so close in line ordering and waiting for their orders. I was sure to keep my firearm close to the counter just incase as you said, "some joker trying to grab..." I received my order and left ASAP but as far as a tactical advantage?

Notice the above perpetrator and his tactic he used and was arrested for. Criminals like the tactical advantage of CC.
    I do not OC all the time either but not for any tactical advantage.

Don't think I'm attacking anyone personally just trying to see the tactical advantage. Again, not wanting to see what is a better reason or what is a better method but what is the tactical advantage of CC.

This will be my last post about this do to the fact I am beating a dead horse and there are other threads.