• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SD Shooting caught on tape.

Wolf1477

Looks like the dumb-dumb who was the #2 guy in the assault decided he wanted to jump on the concealed pistol band wagon... he forgot to get his license first though.

http://www.jailbase.com/en/arrested/oh-mcso/2011-07-17/billy-blackburn-jr-1115426

Throw away the key. Please.

Yeah, I saw that myself...what a meathead. They both have fairly significant criminal histories, I don't remember which of 'em it was that I saw had 4 or more violent crimes.

Some of the crimes in his history are fairly comical however...I think he's the only person I've actually heard of getting arrested for jaywalking.

Packer fan

I would have to say that there is a high probability that if he was OC'ing his gun, the crackhead would have waited to pester someone else. (Impossible to say for sure, Crackheads aren't exactly known for their wits and predictability) Also, it looked to me like his gun wasn't concealed on his person, but was inside the car, so it wasn't exactly a CC situation.

As far as tactical advantage of OC vs CC, that discussion has been had many a time. Personally I have a CC permit, and I know a lot of other folks on this forum do too. I'm a definate supporter of OC as a right, but I don't OC all day every day. It depends on where I'm going, what I'm doing, and what is most comforatable for me at the time. (Although I do think OC is much more comforatable in general and there is certainly a deterrent element that does not come with CC)

The only time when I would say CC has a tactical edge is if you know you are going to a place which is crowded (People in a packed space, bumping into one another like a can of sardines). I do get edgy about a possible joker trying to grab my gun from its holster when I'm in those sorts of situations. (I don't own a retention holster). In crowded spaces such as that your situational awareness drops significantly, and it's hard to track who is standing behind you/beside you. The only way to keep track of the gun on your hip is to place a hand on the grip. (Which freaks people out) so I'll usually choose to conceal it in those sorts of situations just for my own piece of mind (usually in a coat pocket where I can non-chalantly keep my hand on it if I need to).

Thank you for the response. You gave a good reason where CC maybe a better choice but tactically I don't know.

One of the first times I OC was in Springfield, Mo. I walked in to a BK for a bite to eat and it got crowded quick. I was very nerves about my firearm with people standing so close in line ordering and waiting for their orders. I was sure to keep my firearm close to the counter just incase as you said, "some joker trying to grab..." I received my order and left ASAP but as far as a tactical advantage?

Notice the above perpetrator and his tactic he used and was arrested for. Criminals like the tactical advantage of CC.
I do not OC all the time either but not for any tactical advantage.

Don't think I'm attacking anyone personally just trying to see the tactical advantage. Again, not wanting to see what is a better reason or what is a better method but what is the tactical advantage of CC.

This will be my last post about this do to the fact I am beating a dead horse and there are other threads.