• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick interaction with another OC'er..

zach

Was headed home from a buddies place up in Denver coming down Kipling headed south. Stopped at the light on Kipling and Bowles and the Gentlemen in the turn lane to my left was wearing his XD(I believe) on his right hip while seated on his Honda Goldwing.

I got his attention and told him nice to see someone open carrying. He said thanks. The light turned and we both went on our way.

He couldn't see mine since I was in my F250, but I was glad to have the exchange.

JamesB

Was headed home from a buddies place up in Denver coming down Kipling headed south. Stopped at the light on Kipling and Bowles and the Gentlemen in the turn lane to my left was wearing his XD(I believe) on his right hip while seated on his Honda Goldwing.

I got his attention and told him nice to see someone open carrying. He said thanks. The light turned and we both went on our way.

He couldn't see mine since I was in my F250, but I was glad to have the exchange.

Apearently there are a few of us actually out there. (Refering to the other thread) I know I receive many similar comments while out on my motorcycle. There is a Glock on one hip and a Glock patch on the opposing shoulder. From either side I've had people roll down windows and talk for just a few seconds.

M-Taliesin

Apearently there are a few of us actually out there. (Refering to the other thread) I know I receive many similar comments while out on my motorcycle. There is a Glock on one hip and a Glock patch on the opposing shoulder. From either side I've had people roll down windows and talk for just a few seconds.

Howdy Folks!
I gotta wonder why we don't see more folks OC'ing while out and about, and why we haven't more folks on the Colorado OC forum.

Think maybe most folks just don't know they have this right. Maybe we are simply the pioneers of OC in this area. Wonder if we influence others to give it a try?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

luv_jeeps

Campaign Veteran
I am up in the Thornton/Westminster area and have yet to see another unicorn like myself.......I don't always open carry, but do most of the time when out and about running errands. Haven't had any interactions with any LEO's or others as of yet.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Howdy Folks!
I gotta wonder why we don't see more folks OC'ing while out and about, and why we haven't more folks on the Colorado OC forum.

Part of it is that when CC permits are "shall issue" and not all that expensive compared to some states, a lot of folks simply prefer not to draw attention to themselves.

Think maybe most folks just don't know they have this right.

Given the many conversations I've had with others over the last year and a half, I know for a fact this is true. Many people have asked me if I have a permit to carry a firearm. A few have asked how/where they can get a permit to OC.

Maybe we are simply the pioneers of OC in this area.

I don't think OC has ever been illegal in Colorado, at least outside of Denver. However, as with many areas, throughout the 60s, 70s, and 80s, the carrying of firearms was certainly frowned up by snoots. It's definitely in resurgence, so if we're pioneers, it's of the resurgence.

Wonder if we influence others to give it a try?

I know this is at least somewhat true. Of the dozen or so folks I've talked to at length about it, at least two now OC -- I've run into them at the grocery store. :)