Thread: For those of us that will be buying a Taser......

For those of us that will be buying a Taser......

http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

It's on taser's own site for the same price. Nice "discount".

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Cool Options for my wife

I'm thinking of a good stun gun for my wife, as she has shown some interest in those. After she's comfortable with carrying and situational awareness, she might consider a firearm. (She's a good shot with targets, but needs exposure to combat shooting in IDPA, and a course that teaches threat assessment and personal defense.)
    Last edited by davegran; 06-24-2011 at 10:57 AM.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

IMO, alone a stungun or tazer is not an effective option. But in a 'team' approach, wife/gf carries a back up revolver and a tazer is a pretty effective combo to your main SA HG. You carry the OC for your non-lethal option. Both carry flashlights >100 lumen.

I wonder what the legality would be if you tazed someone and then your partner had to shoot them? 'Your honor they tortured my client who was just trying to turn his life around and then his girlfriend shot him in the leg' (kidding)

(I just got a new one. Little 4" Coleman ultra-HP 3 AAA, 140 lumens. V. Nice. It's not easy to find a cheap one with that power on AAA.)

I wish they would make part of the end at 1" dia. so one could slide these into HG light/accessory holders.
    Last edited by Badger Johnson; 06-24-2011 at 11:22 AM.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

Question Haven't Read It Through Yet...But What Are "Electic Weapons" Under The New Law?

I will have to do some research on what is an allowed or legal electric weapon under the new law. Some states allow stun guns but not guns that fire projectiles such as TASERS.

Here is the TASER I like: http://www.taser.com/products/wildli...features-specs

Of course you cannot use that one on humans. It is a bad A** TASER!

I carried a 100,000 Volt Stun Gun in a holster when I lived in Florida and my Glock 36. Sometimes less than lethal is best!

I carry a Guardian Angel (original model) now and will continue to do so after the bill becomes law.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

McX
    Disruptor.

How do tasers work against an individual with heavier (winter) clothing?
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

McX

Red face

i wont stand near you if it's raining. you'll cook yourselves if you get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    if the prongs don't make contact with skin, then they are pretty useless, the barbs have to hook under the skin..
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    I will have to do some research on what is an allowed or legal electric weapon under the new law. Some states allow stun guns but not guns that fire projectiles such as TASERS.

Here is the TASER I like: http://www.taser.com/products/wildli...features-specs

Of course you cannot use that one on humans. It is a bad A** TASER!

I carried a 100,000 Volt Stun Gun in a holster when I lived in Florida and my Glock 36. Sometimes less than lethal is best!

I carry a Guardian Angel (original model) now and will continue to do so after the bill becomes law.
    here is a video of that taser it is amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px_N2WLE1yo
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    here is a video of that taser it is amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px_N2WLE1yo

The comments for that video are hysterical. "Plank Mode! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" about killed me for some reason. I think my brain is telling me it's time to go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    if the prongs don't make contact with skin, then they are pretty useless, the barbs have to hook under the skin..
    I think pepper spray is a better idea than a taser, especially in the winter months of WI, but I'm not a self-defense teacher or anything, so if someone wants to argue against pepper spray, feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerClose View Post
    I think pepper spray is a better idea than a taser, especially in the winter months of WI, but I'm not a self-defense teacher or anything, so if someone wants to argue against pepper spray, feel free.
    there are still limits on mace/pepper spray in WI. Something like not over 2oz, and only a small percentage of capsun (sp-the actual stuff that makes it hurt). The CCW law didn't change that. I looked it up some time last year, but forget the actual details.

Oh, also, no dyes in it either. Can't be marking your attacker, now, can we?

Not as well as a nice .45 ACP.

Did the CCW bill make stun guns and tasers legal? I didn't see that when I browsed over it, but maybe I missed it.

btw I don't recommend stun guns since that gets someone far to close to an attacker or attackers. Tasers usually have 1 shot and civilian models stay on for about 30 seconds assuming they don't break when dropped (most people drop them after using them and not set them down). They have some that are quicker change models, but you won't be using it on a group of people very easily or if you miss.

Clothing can prevent them from working properly. Multiple layers are even worse for penetration compared to one thick coat etc.

I'm still curious about the legalities of this.

btw. Any chance sword canes are now legal?

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Cool Light 'em up!

Just saw a nice stun gun on fleaBay; 7,000,000 volts with an LED flashlight. That little puppy would light someone up in more ways than one....
    Last edited by davegran; 06-25-2011 at 07:43 PM.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by Passive101 View Post
    Did the CCW bill make stun guns and tasers legal? I didn't see that when I browsed over it, but maybe I missed it.
    I swear it said right in the bill that stun guns will be allowed, at least with a permit.

Thick clothing and leather jackets can present problems for a Taser.

I'd think carefully about carrying a Taser AND a gun. If you shot somebody with your gun, a DA could easily try to question whether you used the minimum amount of force available to you. "Why did you shoot this guy with a gun when you had a "less-than-lethal" Taser available to you? And what if you're unfortunate to have the guy you taze die, either from the Taser or hitting his head as he falls? "I didn't mean for him to die!" Well, he's dead anyway: Negligent or unintentional homicide charges anyone? Wrongful death lawsuit?

Police have continuum of force training that corresponds to the lethal and less-than-lethal weaponry they carry. Most non-LEO won't have that sort of instruction that they can use to back up their decision.

Another issue on Tasers. You have to remember that a Taser can light someone up for five seconds at a time. Once the jolt stops that person is fully capable of physically resisting and fighting, and is probably pissed as hell too. What are you going to do with them then? Do you have back up and handcuff also?

Not saying don't get a Taser, but make sure you think it through before getting one. It's not all that simple.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"