• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clear Dros and picked up my first gun this afternoon Yeaaa...

Yaki

Yesterday was day 10 for my Dros. I went to pick my Bersa Thunder 380 (my princess picked it out) up and everthing was clear. The things we do when were young lol.. Now can anyone recommend a good ammo? I heard of firing problems with some so those with personal experience please suggest.
Thank You

hermannr

Congratulations. 380 is a very serviceable caliber that your gal sould have no problem with either. Always a good thing to keep in mind.

What type of ammo are you looking for? SD or practice? You might consider Buffalo Bore for SD. (online: www.buffalobore.com, from Montana) That is what I have in my .38 Colt. Too expensive to have as practice ammo, but you need to shoot enough of it to know it will feed reliably. Super as SD ammo. Good selection too.

For practice ammo buy a box each of Federal, Remington and Winchester and see which one you like best. Be careful, be safe. :)

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Congratulations on your first gun. Step 1. Get some good hollowpoints or other personal defense rounds if you plan to carry the .380 as your primary carry gun. Step 2. Buy more guns!!!!

Yaki

Congratulations. 380 is a very serviceable caliber that your gal sould have no problem with either. Always a good thing to keep in mind.

What type of ammo are you looking for? SD or practice? You might consider Buffalo Bore for SD. (online: www.buffalobore.com, from Montana) That is what I have in my .38 Colt. Too expensive to have as practice ammo, but you need to shoot enough of it to know it will feed reliably. Super as SD ammo. Good selection too.

For practice ammo buy a box each of Federal, Remington and Winchester and see which one you like best. Be careful, be safe. :)

My princess is my daughter :lol:
After finding out how much this Bersa 380 is going to cost to use i'm going to keep it and a couple of boxes of rounds in a safe. When this 30 days is up going to get a glock (what model i dont know) i saw as I was leaving the gun shop. 30 days will give me time to save a few pennies. I don't know what's worse my reptile addiction or this one tht i fel is starting :uhoh:

hermannr

Oh, daughter eh? We have 5 of them, and another 5 granddaughters,,,(7 grandsons too)

Take care with those pistols, collecting is contageous, be careful. :)

If you want something that is inexpensive to practice with, and something maybe your daughter can share time with you shooting, get a .22 cal. pistol (or rifle)...used is fine, .22 cal bulk packs (550 rounds) are less than $20. .22 cal is light enough that a young (6-8 year old) girl would not be afraid to shoot it.

My wife has a couple High Standard pistols (Trophy and Olympic) from back in the 60's, (but even used they are still fairly expensive) the grandkids love to shoot them. Especially with .22 revolvers, used is just fine. Makes the saving for ammo easier...:)

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Yesterday was day 10 for my Dros. I went to pick my Bersa Thunder 380 (my princess picked it out) up and everthing was clear. The things we do when were young lol.. Now can anyone recommend a good ammo? I heard of firing problems with some so those with personal experience please suggest.
Thank You

I have the Bersa 380 (three of them in fact) and have had no trouble with any ammo I've fed the CC model or the regular model. The double-stack had some failure-to-feed issues. I mentioned it on bersatalk.com and the importer said to send it back and they'd adjust it; they knew there were some issues with some models. (I haven't gotten around to it yet; I carry the 9mm most of the time.)