• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It's Official ~ Fleet Farm HAS Handguns

Da Po-lock

:banana: I was just in there fondling a pair and drooling. :banana:

........Giddy Po-lock

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

Sweet. I just called Farm and Fleet... and guess what? They don't. I told them about Fleet Farm though.

protias

Blain's doesn't care. They removed my posts and removed me from their facebook page.

Da Po-lock

well ???? what are they carrying ?

Glocks (not sure what all models), Barettas including 92, Taurus' including 85 Snubbie $319 (great price), Springfield XDM, Ruger LCR (I think) and some cowboy SA's.

The prices were VERY good for all the guns, although I was slobbering over the Taurus 85's myself.

Beats the HELL out of Gander Mt. and now Fleet will give them a run for the money.

One thing I did'nt like was the guy at the counter "swept" us when he pulled the guns out of the case. I told him about it and he gave me "the stupid shrug and look" and pointed that he cleared the gun in front of me. Told him right quick I did'nt give a sh**, I don't like guns pointed at me and ESPECIALLY not at my wife. We cleared each gun ourselves and he seemed offended at that.

THEN when my wife was looking at the gun he moved toward the opening in the counter as if she was going to run for the door with it.

We'll find more competent sales people in the future there.

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Wonder what Blain's will do as far as posting. I don't believe they do their Iowa stores. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

oak1971

I stay with my local shop. I can pick any gun, and take months to pay it off, as long as I make regular payments. I know no one else that will do that for me.

Mlutz

Wonder what Blain's will do as far as posting. I don't believe they do their Iowa stores. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Iirc, they had signs and took them down after a flooded Facebook page. They are still anti gun...

Da Po-lock

No Competing from me

Just what I need ,another big box store to compete with ! lol

I live in Green Bay and you are close enough to us for a a little road trip.
If you can get what we want and the price is close I'll GLADLY buy from you before Fleet Farm or the DREADED Gander Mt.

I'm sure all my buds will too, they all love things that go bang.

We knew a fella here in town that sold guns from his home before the whole FFL store thing and we always kept him busy. Maybe you can take his place now.

Namchief

So Farm and Fleet will not allow guns but Fleet farm will.... Time to get the business cards from Vistra print stating if the business will not honor my constitutional right then I will use my other right and not shop in their store. and hand that to a cart boy to be given to a manager.

Grant Guess

I stopped into the Appleton Fleet store the other day and was amazed to see handguns in stock. They are just getting set up now and are already carrying Blackhawk Tactical Holsters. Saw no IWB holsters yet.

I saw a Taurus Slimline, A Glock 26 and many others. Possibly a dozen models in all? The man behind the counter really was not a firearm salesman and had no clue about the various models. He did say that their buyers were getting more models and inventory into the pipeline. No doubt that the smaller stores like Clintonville, Waupaca, etc will not be handling handguns.

dinwi

Waupaca

Even the tiny store in Waupaca has 2 small cases with the afforementioned handguns in stock.

Made me smile :)

D