Thread: Paul Helmke to step down!!!

Paul Helmke to step down!!!

Apparently, Paul is stepping down from the President spot at Brady.

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/ne...124466729.html

No news on what he'll do once he's gone. Although someone with his acute grasp of facts, truth, and statistics would be VERY well-qualified to be the next Press Secretary for the POTUS...

Just sayin'...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Helmke has not said yet what his future plans are, but indicates he will remain in public service.
    In other words, he knows he does not stand a chance of getting an honest job.

This is probably better news than most folks realize. Helmke was, for almost all intents and purposes, the sole voice of the Bradys. His replacement will need to build up his own rapport with the lame-stream media (not that it will be that difficult) and with Congress.

stay safe.

LOL at Skidmark! Funny how folks that have become addicted to the public teat forget how to plant gardens.

I wrote about this in detail in my latest article.

http://monachuslex.com/?p=56

The guy who is stepping up to fill Helmke's position, Dennis Henigan, is a lawyer with about 3 decades of experience--mostly experience suing gun manufacturers, retailers, and owners, in his monomaniacal jihad against 2A rights int he US.

He is currently head of Brady's "Legal Action Project", and has been raking in the dough in that position suing gun manufacturers and retailers in connection to far-flung lawsuits attempting to hold them responsible for firearms-related deaths and injury perpetrated by criminals and stupid, negligent people.

He may not have the "recognition" that Helmke has, but Henigan is definitely "connected", and has argued cases in front of several US District Courts, as well as state courts all over the nation. He is an "anti-2A insider" of the most dangerous type, because he is a trial lawyer, and already is known and recognized by many jurisdictions as an "authority".

Helmke leaving is a good thing. Don't get me wrong. He will most likely go back to Fort Wayne, IN and run for mayor again, a city so saturated in violent crime, unemployment, and drugs that it makes Baltimore MD look like Mr Rogers neighborhood. What we see as a good thing, will most likely be a "death knell" for Ft. Wayne. The LAST thing they need--with unemployment over 10%, drug and violent crime on the rise, and a decimated industrial base--is a fruitbat like Helmke at their helm. His leadership of Ft.Wayne from 1987 to 1999 saw crime skyrocket to a point that Ft. Wayne (despite the fact it has a population well under a quarter million) had violent crime stats closer to cities like LA, DC, and Detroit. Helmke leaving Brady is good for us, but woe-betide the poor law-abiding citizens of Ft. Wayne Indiana if he returns to the political stage there...

But Henigan is an experienced anti-2A lawyer. And that does not bode well for the future of gun rights in the US. I think we can expect a MAJOR change in tactics with Brady. Instead of lobbying, PR and media manipulation, I believe we can expect a shift toward an inundation of legal activity from Brady. My guess is that Mr. Henigan is going to spend the majority of Brady's coffers on filing anti-2A lawsuits nationwide--to throw a monkey wrench into the progress being made by groups like SAF on the restoration of 2A rights.

Make no mistake, Henigan is a threat--a much more devious, quiet, and insidious threat than Helmke, but a threat none the less. Henigan is going to attempt to bankrupt the pro-2A movement, as well as retailers and manufacturers through an avalanche of drawn-out lawsuits, mark my words...

The battle lines have shifted--they KNOW they can't win the PR war any more because the People are waking up to their lies. They know that their only chance is to pick the pockets of the 2A movement, so that we can no longer attack the anti-2A policies of cities, states, and the Fed in the courts.

And also, such a change in tactics takes the 2A movement out of the grasp of the "grass roots", and puts it entirely in the rarefied realm of the State and Federal Courts--a venue that most citizens have no access to, no experience with, and no influence over.

Yeah, the folks over at the Brady Campaign are crazy--crazy like a fox...

They've finally realized that "chasing the chickens" (public relations and propaganda) isn't working. So now, they are going to just start eating the eggs (mounting a shotgun-approach legal assault in the courts).
    Last edited by Dreamer; 06-24-2011 at 01:16 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Given his record of "success" at Brady, I predict that he'll be opening a chain of chitlin restaurants in Teheran.

Should I celebrate ? or Worry

Read his book. He is an accomplished legal professional as previously pointed out.
    I would worry, then I would get organized.

http://www.lethallogicthebook.com/?page_id=16

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney View Post
    Read his book. He is an accomplished legal professional as previously pointed out.

~Whitney

Wow, that snippet from his book was just mind-numbing...

Notice how he just throws out a bunch of vague statistics, and doesn't contextualize anything, and there are NO footnotes or cites. Typical...

He needs to read John Lotts books, or "GunFacts", to see how REAL gun policy research is done.
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    The guy who is stepping up to fill Helmke's position, Dennis Henigan, is a lawyer with about 3 decades of experience--mostly experience suing gun manufacturers, retailers, and owners, in his monomaniacal jihad against 2A rights int he US.

He is currently head of Brady's "Legal Action Project", and has been raking in the dough in that position suing gun manufacturers and retailers in connection to far-flung lawsuits attempting to hold them responsible for firearms-related deaths and injury perpetrated by criminals and stupid, negligent people.
    He's also the reason most states now have laws on their books prohibiting many types of lawsuits against firearms manufacturers, most notably anything which cannot be directly attributable to a defect in materials or workmanship.

...is known and recognized by many jurisdictions as an "authority".
    An authority on what? How to game the system and intimidate others via gestapo tactics?

Helmke leaving is a good thing. Don't get me wrong. He will most likely go back to Fort Wayne, IN and run for mayor again, a city so saturated in violent crime, unemployment, and drugs that it makes Baltimore MD look like Mr Rogers neighborhood.
    If he's that dedicated to the cause, he should volunteer to help clean up Detroit. Try as I might, however, I would never wish such a tragedy on Motor City.

What we see as a good thing, will most likely be a "death knell" for Ft. Wayne.
    Ah, then we agree.

His leadership of Ft.Wayne from 1987 to 1999 saw crime skyrocket to a point that Ft. Wayne (despite the fact it has a population well under a quarter million) had violent crime stats closer to cities like LA, DC, and Detroit.
    Wow. An anti-2A person for whom the hard science of statistics holds absolutely no meaning whatsoever. Par for the course.

I believe we can expect a shift toward an inundation of legal activity from Brady. My guess is that Mr. Henigan is going to spend the majority of Brady's coffers on filing anti-2A lawsuits nationwide...
    Let's hope he's a financial idiot and bankrupts the lot of them.

Henigan is going to attempt to bankrupt the pro-2A movement, as well as retailers and manufacturers through an avalanche of drawn-out lawsuits, mark my words...
    Would it be inappropriate to hope he develops deep vein thrombosis or other potentially fatal illness while sitting on his fat, er...

They know that their only chance is to pick the pockets of the 2A movement...
    Good luck. My pockets are so shallow right now they look more like rabbit ears. Hennigan can kiss the proverbial bunny's nose for all I care.

Yeah, the folks over at the Brady Campaign are crazy--crazy like a fox...
    Hardly. If they were sane they'd have at least some inkling of statistics, as well as at least a petri dish half full of ethics. Since they have neither, they're just crazy.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Given his record of "success" at Brady, I predict that he'll be opening a chain of chitlin restaurants in Teheran.
    Good stuff.

/larrythecableguy

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney View Post

~Whitney
    Accomplished???. The fool never did win a case against any of the firearms manufacturers for liability regarding any particular crime or crimes in general. He is the reason why congress passed legislation that protected firearm manufacturers from the frivilous lawsuits brought forth by this loser. The Brady Bunch lost out and showed their ineffectiveness when they sucked their thumbs not being able to stop approx. 25 states from passing "shall issue" permit laws in the last 15 years. Brady bunch stood around and did nothing while firearm ownership became mainstream. This normalization of firearm ownership was brought forth by these less restrictive carry laws.

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Accomplished???. The fool never did win a case against any of the firearms manufacturers for liability regarding any particular crime or crimes in general. He is the reason why congress passed legislation that protected firearm manufacturers from the frivilous lawsuits brought forth by this loser. The Brady Bunch lost out and showed their ineffectiveness when they sucked their thumbs not being able to stop approx. 25 states from passing "shall issue" permit laws in the last 15 years. Brady bunch stood around and did nothing while firearm ownership became mainstream. This normalization of firearm ownership was brought forth by these less restrictive carry laws.

This sort of thinking is why the "anti's" have been such a thorn in our side for so long.

To these people, it's NOT about winning a case. They don't file cases like the "manufacturers liability" cases because they think they can win. They do it to force manufacturers, organizations, and individuals tohire lawyers to defend themselves, and spend a LOT of money. Their manufacturers liability cases cost the firearms industry millions of dollars. So in their eyes, they were successful. The never intended those cases to win--they just wanted to draw them out, and cost the manufacturers a boatload of money.
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Ahab got his chance to stab at Moby Dick; that turned out so well for him, too. If Henigan wants to bleed the Brady coffers dry while chasing his own whale, so be it. The self-destruction of the Brady campaign would be a victory for us.
    "There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace." ~ Aldo Leopold

Trailrunner's Blog
    Got Twitter?