• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fayetteville CC Training

Bluemax

Where is the best place to get CC training in the Fayetteville area? I am looking for someone that will teach me what I need to know. It may not be the least expensive but that is OK.

bwhunter65

you also have minuteman tactical and guns plus in spring lake I took the class at guns plus. All we learned was NC laws and qualified with our weapon. If you are looking for weapons training you wont get them there . They do offer weapons training at 360 in dun

EricDailey X-NRA

Open carry dot org

Where is the best place to get CC training in the Fayetteville area? I am looking for someone that will teach me what I need to know. It may not be the least expensive but that is OK.

Threads in this forum are intended to address open carry of firearms. Other thread topics may be considered off topic.
See FORUM RULES (8)

EricDailey X-NRA

Please Read Rule (8)

I would suspect that the moderators can handle it if they deem it necessary.

(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

dmatting

If you want to get your undies in a bind over some dude asking for some info specific to NC, then go for it.

rotorhead

Minuteman Tactical is $60 for the course. They do their shooting portion at Range37 just south of Lillington. Range37 might even offer classes on their own beyond the normal CHP required course, too.

Bluemax

I broke a rule and upset some people. I was just trying to get some info so I could get educated.
But it won't happen again because I won't be on here.

Out.

62 Caddy

While this is an OC forum, I respect all that are pro second amendment and wish to exercise that right. Feel free to ask any questions about your second amendment rights, that is part of your first amendment right and I would hope that an occasional question would not offend anyone. But please do OC and promote OC whenever possible. While I am very passionate about open carry, I too will end participation when the discussions of second amendment rights are frowned upon totally. No, I have not read all the rules about this forum, so kick me out if you will, but let’s have a little common sense here.
Bluemax, please stay around.

EricDailey X-NRA

I need to learn too

While this is an OC forum, I respect all that are pro second amendment and wish to exercise that right. Feel free to ask any questions about your second amendment rights, that is part of your first amendment right and I would hope that an occasional question would not offend anyone. But please do OC and promote OC whenever possible. While I am very passionate about open carry, I too will end participation when the discussions of second amendment rights are frowned upon totally. No, I have not read all the rules about this forum, so kick me out if you will, but let’s have a little common sense here.

What part of concealed handgun permit is Second Amendment?

25-06shooter

Without the 2nd amendment it's kinda hard to CC or OC isn't it?

Check with the Sheriff of your county. He should have a list of all of the certified instructors in the county and should be able to tell you if he has heard any good reports on the instructors.

Nate

EricDailey X-NRA

No

Without the 2nd amendment it's kinda hard to CC or OC isn't it?

Check with the Sheriff of your county. He should have a list of all of the certified instructors in the county and should be able to tell you if he has heard any good reports on the instructors.

Nate

You are an instructor and that's what you know? You may want to get some instruction on "Constitutional Carry." I'll try to help if you need.

Northerner

+1

Jbenarao

+1

razor_baghdad

You are an instructor and that's what you know? You may want to get some instruction on "Constitutional Carry." I'll try to help if you need.

How to Ignore Message Board Trolls.

Message boards are the Internet version of centralized communities. Users of common interests gather to discuss their interests. Just like other communities, there will always be members that cause trouble and generally annoy the community as a whole. These nuisances are just looking for attention. Ignoring these message board trolls can make the experience more enjoyable for everyone involved.

Difficulty:
Moderately Challenging

Instructions

1. Realize that their messages are a waste of time and energy. Letting Internet message board trolls get under a person's skin is an effort in futility. What they post on message boards is not about you. Do not take it personally.
2. Understand that message board trolls do it for the attention. If they are given that attention, it just fuels their passion to post annoying information. If there is no reward, they will eventually go away or stop posting.
3. Understand that message board trolls are all about themselves. What they post is about them and not specific related to the topic they are expounding on. The statements a troll makes may be asinine and make your blood boil, but understand it will impossible to change their minds or alter their views. The troll is posting on a topic specifically for the attention and not about that specific topic.
4. Leave the message for a few days. Often these trolls become bored and leave or get banned from the community after a few days. Putting the keyboard down and just walking away is often the best solution.
5. Ask the moderator to ban the message board troll. While this is not totally ignoring the troll, it does not give them the satisfaction of a direct response. With enough requests, the user will be banned and the problem will be solved.

N C Concealed Carry Classwww.ProTAC.US

$60.00, No Range Fee At VFW 4542 in Spring Lake, NC

Stick around Bluemax. Your opinions and questions are valid my friend.