Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Get ready to pay more Wisconsin!

  1. #1
    Regular Member CalicoJack10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Arbor Vitae
    Posts
    559

    Get ready to pay more Wisconsin!

    I was in Appleton yesterday. While I was there I stopped at the man store to pick up some fishing stuff. But me being me, I had to walk over and take a look at the guns and equipment. I saw that they were re-pricing their guns, as well as putting out a new line of holsters. Most of the items that were getting re-priced or put out on the shelves were all used for concealed carry.

    I noticed that they wanted more for these things than they were listed for before the price change. for example, the XDM that my fiancé wants went from $585 to $650 while I was there looking. When I asked why the price hike the guy said supply and demand. But that he would still sell it to me for the $585 price. I promptly talked to the manager and expressed that it was a bunch of BS that they would be raising prices just to make a few bucks off the CC law, and that as a firearms instructor I thought that this was preying on peoples safety.

    You could see that he was offended, but understanding of what I was talking about.

    I then talked to a few of the people that I know around the state and it seems that this is a trend that is picking up speed. So I would offer this information in hopes that people will take a look around and give some serious thought to where they get their firearms and equipment from so that they don't get screwed by money grubbing pricks who are trying to make a bucks off of this new law.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

  2. #2
    Regular Member Namchief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Northern WI
    Posts
    16
    This is just the beginning the price of ammo is going to go up for handguns as well. being in business for 20+ years I knew this was going to happen. Funny thing is alot of the ones raising the prices might not allow you to CC in their store. I suggest going to a smaller FFL and ask them what the gun would costyou might be surprised as these small ffl's want to keep their suppliers and need so many sales. JMHO

  3. #3
    McX
    Guest
    it's an unfortunate truth; what Honorable Men won't do, others will.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Canard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    148
    Well that's unfortunate. I will shop that same as I always do...check online pricing and give the local shops an opportunity to match. If they won't, I buy it online. 48 other states already have cc so I doubt this is a national trend.

  5. #5
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320
    Its been happening for some time now. The LCP Ruger I want has been jumping in price since the Senate took up the bill. I may buy one on line at one of the on-line brokers and still be cheaper off with the FFL fee.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  6. #6
    Regular Member Namchief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Northern WI
    Posts
    16
    I am not joking my ffl which I just started using told me before you buy online ask me as I might need a sale to keep my suppliers ( now this is a small at home FFL) got to love $20 for long gun and $20 +$13 for handgun but if bought from him I think handgun was just $13 (federal charge) So huge savings for me on certain guns

  7. #7
    Regular Member DangerClose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The mean streets of WI
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    I was in Appleton yesterday. While I was there I stopped at the man store to pick up some fishing stuff.
    What was the store? I can only think of Gander Mt. and Scheele's that sell handguns around there, and they both tend to be overpriced already anyway.

  8. #8
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,779
    Heard tell of a man in these parts goes by the handle littlewolf... Might even be cheeseburgers in the deal.

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/me...890-littlewolf





    (No really. Had a great burger while completing a little business with this upstanding gentleman.)
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 06-24-2011 at 09:36 AM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

    "Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

  9. #9
    Regular Member littlewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Heard tell of a man in these parts goes by the handle littlewolf... Might even be cheeseburgers in the deal.

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/me...890-littlewolf





    (No really. Had a great burger while completing a little business with this upstanding gentleman.)
    Thanks for the plug my freind ! great deals on Ruger LC9's I hear...
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    TGSCOM.com in Green Bay Has new Glock 26 pistols for $ 471.+change. TGSCOM the Worlds biggest online gun dealer is not screwing people, so think about doing business with them.

    Yes, I have a buddy that works there...
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 06-24-2011 at 11:20 AM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  11. #11
    Regular Member Outdoorsman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Silver Lake WI
    Posts
    1,249
    I had this discussion with my local gun guy.... We were considering a discount of 2% on any new or used firearm purchase to any Wisconsin Carry member in conjunction with Gov. Walker signing the bill. Basicall he is a local independent and say's his "markup" on firearms is minimal at best. So based on the topic of this tread, he has agreed (proven to be a man of his word)... NOT to increase any firearm or firearm related products per the new bill. So...

    If you are in the S.E. Wisconsin area and are looking to purchase a new (he can order whatever you want) or used firearm check out his prices before you buy elsewhere. Yuo could probably talk him into a "good deal" and ammo with a firearm purchase.

    Mention that you read it here....

    Paddock Lake Sports - 1-262-843-1625- Ask for Randy....

    Hwy 50 - Just east of the city of Paddock Lake - On the north side of the highway...building kinda far back but big sign out on the highway...

    Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Randy except for purchasing 2 firearms from him with TOTAL satisfaction both times.. and am posting this as a favor to help a local indepndent business get a few more satisfied customers. I will receive nothing from Randy for this post except his heart felt thank you....

    Outdoorsman1

    Oh yea.. Randy is OC friendly....
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 06-24-2011 at 03:55 PM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

    George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

    Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

  12. #12
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerClose View Post
    What was the store? I can only think of Gander Mt. and Scheele's that sell handguns around there, and they both tend to be overpriced already anyway.
    In Eau Claire, Scheels is always $20 or more cheaper than Gander Mt.

  13. #13
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10
    I was in Appleton yesterday. While I was there I stopped at the man store
    Can you PM me the address for that? I've been looking for a good one, didn't know where they were sold...

    I was at Fletcher's yesterday & several people came in to look at smaller pistols, saying they were motivated by the new law. So there are more people than I expected who are scared or put off or whatever from the free exercise of their rights, but feel OK if they can hide it.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerClose View Post
    What was the store? I can only think of Gander Mt. and Scheele's that sell handguns around there, and they both tend to be overpriced already anyway.
    +1, I have never seen an XDm for less then 650 in Appleton. I bought one in Michigan when i still lived there for 579. Scheels has had them at 649 for black and 699 bi-tone for as long as i can remember. I wont even look at gander. Fleet farm might be between 600-650, but your price is in line with what I have seen
    Last edited by apierce918; 06-24-2011 at 01:51 PM.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,169

    Now, Now

    Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    ....... So I would offer this information in hopes that people will take a look around and give some serious thought to where they get their firearms and equipment from so that they don't get screwed by money grubbing pricks who are trying to make a bucks off of this new law.
    Would you kiss your Aunt Tilly with that mouth? The new law doesn't mandate an increase in the price of anything. If there is a increased demand for certain items, I would expect price cuts as retailers compete for new customers. I don't believe there is a huge population who were waiting for CC to arrive before buying a handgun. I would guess that 95% of those who plan to CC already have a suitable firearm. Some may have been motivated to think more about the topic and that lead to a decision to buy a new item but I haven't seen any evidence (nor did I see evidence in other states) that those people are very numerous. Is the XDM a particularly "hot" item? Did the guy actually change the price tag while you were looking at it? That would have been worth seeing.

    Preying on people's safety? Why wasn't this XDM purchased a month ago? OC was an option then. I agree that it's annoying for something like that to happen but at least it makes the item available to more people. At a lower price, perhaps they all would have been snapped up by buyers with a lot of cash. Then you wouldn't even have the option. In the end, we don't know all of the factors that set the price. We can buy, negotiate or try another seller. Isn't having that ability worth some annoyance?

  16. #16
    Regular Member littlewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by apierce918 View Post
    +1, I have never seen an XDm for less then 650 in Appleton. I bought one in Michigan when i still lived there for 579. Scheels has had them at 649 for black and 699 bi-tone for as long as i can remember. I wont even look at gander. Fleet farm might be between 600-650, but your price is in line with what I have seen
    I might piss off some dealers but here it go's
    a XDM wholesales for $568-$654 depending on Bi-tone ,black, essentials kit, nite sights e.c.t. , shipping cost around $30 +/- for mandatory 2nd day air and adult signature required plus the $13 handgun hot-line check. I add $100 to the wholesale price. This covers my cost and puts a couple bucks in my pocket . I also knock off $25 for WCI members so that leaves me with ........

    Scheels ,Gander, whoever Big Store by in quantity when the distributors are running specials example buy 5 get one free,and they buy 20 and get 5 free. I am a retired,disabled vet not a millionaire and cannot afford to sell below cost .
    The ATF would pull my ffl if iIdid not show a profit.
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

  17. #17
    Regular Member hardballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West Coast of Wisconsin
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    I might piss off some dealers but here it go's
    a XDM wholesales for $568-$654 depending on Bi-tone ,black, essentials kit, nite sights e.c.t. , shipping cost around $30 +/- for mandatory 2nd day air and adult signature required plus the $13 handgun hot-line check. I add $100 to the wholesale price. This covers my cost and puts a couple bucks in my pocket . I also knock off $25 for WCI members so that leaves me with ........

    Scheels ,Gander, whoever Big Store by in quantity when the distributors are running specials example buy 5 get one free,and they buy 20 and get 5 free. I am a retired,disabled vet not a millionaire and cannot afford to sell below cost .
    The ATF would pull my ffl if iIdid not show a profit.
    My policy has always been to buy from the local "guy or gal". I avoid big boxes like the plague. I want to talk with and have access to the person who sold me the gun or what ever for that matter. Often times they will bend over backwards for you and give you the shirt off their backs. I buy my holster supplies from local guys when ever possible too. Support the small businessman or you will not have him when you need him.

    Edit: I should add, that you will talk to a person who is engaging and knowledgeable. Why? because they love what they do. They are not an hourly employee who has no investment what so ever in the business. You'll find a lot more characters and personality too. I can't tell you how many times I have spoken to an "employee" and remarked to my wife or thought, they needed to buy a personality. That's the difference between an hourly employee and "The owner".
    Last edited by hardballer; 06-24-2011 at 03:42 PM.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

    http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran rcawdor57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,643

    Thumbs up Thanks Littlewolf!

    Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    I might piss off some dealers but here it go's
    a XDM wholesales for $568-$654 depending on Bi-tone ,black, essentials kit, nite sights e.c.t. , shipping cost around $30 +/- for mandatory 2nd day air and adult signature required plus the $13 handgun hot-line check. I add $100 to the wholesale price. This covers my cost and puts a couple bucks in my pocket . I also knock off $25 for WCI members so that leaves me with ........

    Scheels ,Gander, whoever Big Store by in quantity when the distributors are running specials example buy 5 get one free,and they buy 20 and get 5 free. I am a retired,disabled vet not a millionaire and cannot afford to sell below cost .
    The ATF would pull my ffl if iIdid not show a profit.
    I wish I were closer to you. (I'm in Kenosha) I support the "Little Guy" as much as I can and dislike the big chain stores. My last bunch of firearms all came from local mom and pop shops and Shooters (Cop and Pop?). Not saying I've never bought from Cabelas or Scheels but I prefer to spend my money with an individual who owns the store. If I am ever up your way I will drop by and drool and maybe even pick up a nice shotgun or rifle. Thanks and Thanks for your service!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

    “Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

    —John F. Kennedy

  19. #19
    Regular Member hardballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West Coast of Wisconsin
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    I wish I were closer to you. (I'm in Kenosha) I support the "Little Guy" as much as I can and dislike the big chain stores. My last bunch of firearms all came from local mom and pop shops and Shooters (Cop and Pop?). Not saying I've never bought from Cabelas or Scheels but I prefer to spend my money with an individual who owns the store. If I am ever up your way I will drop by and drool and maybe even pick up a nice shotgun or rifle. Thanks and Thanks for your service!
    Ditto.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

    http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

  20. #20
    Regular Member Outdoorsman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Silver Lake WI
    Posts
    1,249
    Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    My policy has always been to buy from the local "guy or gal". I avoid big boxes like the plague. I want to talk with and have access to the person who sold me the gun or what ever for that matter. Often times they will bend over backwards for you and give you the shirt off their backs. I buy my holster supplies from local guys when ever possible too. Support the small businessman or you will not have him when you need him.

    Edit: I should add, that you will talk to a person who is engaging and knowledgeable. Why? because they love what they do. They are not an hourly employee who has no investment what so ever in the business. You'll find a lot more characters and personality too. I can't tell you how many times I have spoken to an "employee" and remarked to my wife or thought, they needed to buy a personality. That's the difference between an hourly employee and "The owner".
    X 10

    Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

    George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

    Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

  21. #21
    Regular Member DangerClose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The mean streets of WI
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    TGSCOM.com in Green Bay Has new Glock 26 pistols for $ 471.+change. TGSCOM the Worlds biggest online gun dealer is not screwing people, so think about doing business with them.

    Yes, I have a buddy that works there...
    There's no way to pick up in-person there, right? Sucks to have a big dealer nearby but then have to ship it and FFL it like everyone else in the country.

    Like I said, I don't even know of any dealers in the Fox Cities who have good prices. Certainly not Gander or Scheeles except on occasion. I haven't checked out Fleet Farm's new stuff yet.

    And on that note, if anyone knows a place around the Fox Cities with low FFL fees, feel free to let me know. I assume $20 rifle $30 handgun is about as good as it gets.

  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerClose View Post
    There's no way to pick up in-person there, right? Sucks to have a big dealer nearby but then have to ship it and FFL it like everyone else in the country.

    Like I said, I don't even know of any dealers in the Fox Cities who have good prices. Certainly not Gander or Scheeles except on occasion. I haven't checked out Fleet Farm's new stuff yet.

    And on that note, if anyone knows a place around the Fox Cities with low FFL fees, feel free to let me know. I assume $20 rifle $30 handgun is about as good as it gets.
    Nope, you can order on the phone, internet and walk in & do your paper work at the gun counter, they are also a retail store front, but they will ship to your FFL also. Very friendly staff !

    questions or comments... CONTACT US 1-800-518-3808

    Customer Service Hours
    Monday-Friday 8am-8pm Central
    Saturday-Sunday 9am - 5pm Central

    Address
    TGSCOM, Inc
    1449 S. Broadway Street
    Green Bay, WI 54304
    Fax: 920-569-4252
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  23. #23
    Regular Member davegran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,565

    Thumbs up A celebration....

    Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    Nope, you can order on the phone, internet and walk in & do your paper work at the gun counter, they are also a retail store front, but they will ship to your FFL also. Very friendly staff !

    questions or comments... CONTACT US 1-800-518-3808

    Customer Service Hours
    Monday-Friday 8am-8pm Central
    Saturday-Sunday 9am - 5pm Central

    Address
    TGSCOM, Inc
    1449 S. Broadway Street
    Green Bay, WI 54304
    Fax: 920-569-4252
    This is the place I was trying to remember! Didn't you write a while ago that they had a big sale going on to celebrate some RKBA milestone? Maybe you could sweet talk 'em into another celebration....
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

    WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

    Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

  24. #24
    Regular Member DangerClose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The mean streets of WI
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    Nope, you can order on the phone, internet and walk in & do your paper work at the gun counter, they are also a retail store front, but they will ship to your FFL also. Very friendly staff !
    I swear I read on their site a while back they didn't do pickups, and I never had much reason to call after that to ask.

    Too bad shipping cost isn't saved anyway since their prices include shipping. But maybe they do pickup orders a little differently. If the situation arises, I'll try "Glock34 sent me" and see how far that gets me....

  25. #25
    Regular Member ayce2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greater Fox cities area
    Posts
    89

    Little gun shops

    Hardballer, you had to drive buy Shawano gun and pawn. I custom ordered a Ruger slim line to give to my soninlaw for christmas.(lives VA and getting his CCW). They sold it to me 80 bucks below the internet price!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •