• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hr 308

cruciantime

I got an email from National Association for Gun Rights this morning about HR 308 Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act

I have heard something about this already but this is the first email with a petition I have seen so far.

How about the rest of you?

swatpamike

HR 308 Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act

1/18/2011--Introduced.
Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit: (1) the transfer or possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device, except for its lawful possession within the United States on or before the date of this Act's enactment; and (2) the importation or bringing into the United States of such a device. Sets forth exceptions to such ban. Sets penalties for violations.
Requires a large capacity ammunition feeding device manufactured after this Act's enactment to be identified by a serial number that clearly shows that the device was manufactured after enactment and such other identification as the Attorney General may prescribe.

Sponsor:
Rep. Carolyn McCarthy [D-NY4]
U.S. Representative, New York’s 4th District
Cosponsors:
Eleanor Norton [D-DC]
Gary Ackerman [D-NY5]
Karen Bass [D-CA33]
Xavier Becerra [D-CA31]
Howard Berman [D-CA28]
Timothy Bishop [D-NY1] Earl Blumenauer [D-OR3]
Robert Brady [D-PA1]
Corrine Brown [D-FL3]
Lois Capps [D-CA23]
Michael Capuano [D-MA8]
André Carson [D-IN7]

~*'Phoenix'*~

Now now, we all know the answer to this:
1. Buy 10 high cap mags.
2. Call your reps and senators and tell them "No way in **** will you support this."

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Now now, we all know the answer to this:
1. Buy 10 standard cap[acity] mags.
2. Call your reps and senators and tell them "No way in **** will you support this deceptive attempt to demonize standard capacity magazines by renaming them and spreading propagandist lies.."

There, fixed it for you.

You would think by now that Legislators would realize a threat against the 2A makes us buy lots and lots of the threatened item... By the time their gears turn, even if they succeed in producing a law, we have so many that it doesn't matter anymore...

I have so many Standard Capacity Magazines, they fill an entire room. Can't even walk in... I like to buy up old, rusty mags and fix them. I've gotten Sten mags for under $1 each. Ain't nuthin' a wire brush and a hammer can't fix... Dented G3 mags by the palette for even less. AK mags, fugeduboudit! The belt-fed guns, bwahahahaha! I <3 links. Soumi Drums.... I don't even have a gun to put them in! I need to fabricate a 25rd magazine for that L-39....

Last edited: