• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

for women - cc purses

MKEgal

I know an on-body holster is always safer, but sometimes you just can't.
Gun Toten' Mamas

This site/company was recommended to me by another OCDO member.
They make a small variety of cc purses, all with included holsters (velcro positioning) & all have reinforced (cut-resistant) straps.
Some leather, some ballistic nylon, some microfiber,
most are fairly plain, standard colors, a few are a bit more wild (one zebra!).

It's funny that they're based in IL (which only allows unloaded concealed carry, which you could do w/ these purses), & the USCCA is based in WI (which until this fall bans concealed carry).

Dreamer

I just don't understand the logic behind a CC purse. The VAST majority of attacks against women involve purse snatchings.

Carrying your gun inside the thing that a criminal is almost always going to try to steal from you seems like storing your kitchen's fire extinguisher behind the stove--when you need it most, it will be inaccessible...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I've done business with both http://www.concealedcarryoutfitters.com and http://coronadoleather.com both for stuuf I wear and for gifts for both males and females. The vests can carry a lot of stuff that might otherwise end up in a woman's purse, and still offer easy access to a concealed handgun. Folks I know have reported that http://magills.com/ offers good products, too.

Not being female I cannot say how practical the contents of http://gunholsters.com/blog/concealed-carry-clothing-for-women/ would be, but it might be worth looking at.

stay safe.

Riana

I just don't understand the logic behind a CC purse. The VAST majority of attacks against women involve purse snatchings.

Carrying your gun inside the thing that a criminal is almost always going to try to steal from you seems like storing your kitchen's fire extinguisher behind the stove--when you need it most, it will be inaccessible...

While I much prefer on-body carry, sometimes it's just not feasible. I have one of the Gun Toten' Mamas purses that I use on those occasions where I'm not dressed to switch from OC to CC, but need to do so. If I remember correctly, Nova Armament in Herndon still has some.

It would be a serious challenge for someone to 'snatch' my purse, given that I wear it cross-body, and the strap is cable-reinforced. If someone were to grab the strap and yank, I think the connection between bag and strap would break first - leaving them with the strap, and me with the bag (and the gun).

One's primary tool is one's brain - situational awareness is a must. Watch your surroundings carefully. No one should be able to sneak up on you.

Last edited:

We-the-People

I absolutely hate CC purses (but also recognize that they fill a niche need).

My ex carried her S&W 38 and her Glock (not at the same time...LOL) in a CC purse. TWICE she actually left it at a business.....once a restaurant which she retrieved before they discovered it and once in a damn BAR (we were there for taco Tuesday, not drinking) which found it before she returned and also found the pistol while looking for ID to determine whose purse it was. She was a bit embarassed and I was LIVID.

She also had the bad habit, when shopping, of putting it in the shopping cart and then getting distracted looking at items on shelves, walking down the isle to grab things instead of pushing the cart, etc. It took me about a year of constant harping before she finally got the habit down pat of keeping it on/with her (or asking me to watch it while she went to the end of the aisle, restroom, etc.).

I think if one is going to carry externally and not OC hten a fanny pack is far superior to a purse simply because it is not likely to be put down. Still have the potential of a theif snatching it but it is far lower than for a purse and it won't get left behind in the shopping cart....or a damn BAR.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
While a CC purse isn't always ideal, it can sometimes be the only option for women. Gun Totin' Mamas has a fine line of such purses and not only does my wife have one, but I have an urban bag for men that I also carry most of my life support system around in.

They both have a cable running through the strap, and when carried cross body, nearly impossible to snatch away from the owner. The gun compartments allow for a hand to be inside the bag with your hand on the gun, and the element of surprise is enhanced when one can fire through the bag itself if necessary.

My wife loves hers, and she is always careful to keep it in her possession. I am not so used to carrying a bag around with me, so if anybody forgot their bag, it would likely be me. Since I usually open carry, there ain't much chance right now that I'd have my weapon in the bag anyhow. Later on, after we get CCW permits, I'll conceal my handgun in the bag when going places where traditional "on the body" methods just aren't practical. For example, it may be the only concealed carry option at a nudist park! LOL! Certainly beats an earlier suggestion I got about using duct tape!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Freedom First

My wife has one.

Honestly, were I a woman I would use one of the Mama's purses. It is really awesome. Well built and thought out. I tested it in the dining room and it works great.

Last edited:

HeroHog

I carry a man bag (uni-sex gun bag) and I replaced the strap with a laptop bag strap. carry it cross chest and it is NOT getting snatched without taking ME along with it!

carry05.jpg

carry04.jpg

I also rig it for Open Carry!
EDC-OC01.jpg

EDC-OC03.jpg

speedyswheels.jpg

Last edited:

MKEgal

Riana said:
It would be a serious challenge for someone to 'snatch' my purse, given that I wear it cross-body, and the strap is cable-reinforced.
This.
And the hardware connecting strap to purse is pretty hefty.
I just got one of their purses earlier this week - very fast shipping - and am quite pleased w/ the quality.
The pistol is in a separate compartment, so no worry about it getting gunked up w/ whatever else is in the purse.
The holster is held in place with velcro (however you want to angle it, LH or RH).

For the guy whose wife kept setting her purse down & wandering off... :cuss:
She shouldn't carry off-body. If she's that unaware of safety, I'd almost say she shouldn't carry.

Last edited:

REALteach4u

Ah, but if that's their preferred method that's what they'll choose. The key is getting them into something that's near impossible to cut away, something with a braided cable inside the shoulder strap and one heck of a sturdy buckle system to attach it to the bag.

Remember the rule: If you tell a woman how/what/where to carry on their person, I suggest you put on a dress and try to carry a 5 inch 1911. Chances are most will keep quiet next time. :D