• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Terror Plot foiled in Seattle

amlevin

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2015404971_terrorplot24m.html

This hits close to home for me. I have a Grandson that is currently in and out of this facility as he is now a brand new member of the US Army.

Apparently their plan was to storm the guard, overpowering and killing him, and then proceeding to the Cafeteria where they would shoot as many as possible. These people were fully aware that once they made it past the guards they were in a defenseless, target rich, environment.

And the government wants to continue keeping these facilities "Gun Free" just like Ft. Hood. Wouldn't these idiots have been surprised if one change was made in the rules and most of those in the Cafeteria were armed when they came through the door?

There's coming! Sooner or later some group like this is going to be successful. The only reason this group wasn't is because they got "ratted out". Next time????

Dave_pro2a

alleging they purchased machine guns and grenades from a paid police informant

When will anti-government types learn.

Anytime someone offers you an NFA item without a legal transfer (tax stamp), then it's a frigg'n TRAP!

SBS, check.
SBR, check.
Machine gun, check.
Silencer, check.
Hand-grenade, check. Huh! Wait a second...
Pen gun, check.
Etc.

images

It's their go-to tactic to get an easier conviction on the charges, and stiffer penalties (or at least a pretty sure fire conviction on the NFA charge). Plus it demonizes the suspects in the media (ohhhhh, machine guns!).

Sure, terrorists are bad, terrorism is bad. I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Last edited:

amlevin

I thought you could just by assault weapons and machine guns at gun shows with no background checks?

How did this happen?:rolleyes:

Its a new Government Program. They've already tried operation "Gun Runner" and "Gun Walker". Now they are thinkng about calling this "Gun Stroller".

What would have been funny is after they sold the M-16 and grenades to these guys, the "terrorists" changed their mind and attacked the Homeland Security Offices instead using the very weapons they provided.

A part of me would see this as "poetic justice" considering all the looney tunes "operations" that seem to go wrong like the "Gun Walker" scandal.

TechnoWeenie

This is clearly a false story.

Everyone knows it's illegal to have firearms on federal property, so he never could have even gotten his guns into the building to start shooting.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
They originally wanted to go to Ft. Lewis, but thought there would be too many soldiers with weapons. I guess they don't know that all Military bases are unarmed victim zones like schools. We are only allowed to OC in Afghanistan, and Iraq.

Last edited:

Dave Workman

Wannabe terrorists are here, and they don’t shop at gun shows

The arrest of two suspected would-be terrorists who allegedly plotted to attack a Seattle-area military recruiting office shows that the Pacific Northwest is not immune to dangerous nutballs, and also revealed one other thing: they did not go shopping for weapons at a local gun show.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...sts-are-here-and-they-don-t-shop-at-gun-shows

amzbrady

I have always misinterperated the term "Armed Forces", and the fact that our military was created to keep this country and this countries borders safe from invasion. Our military is not armed, at least not here, and this country is not safe and has been invaded by hundreds of thousands of Illegal Immigrants. We are being taken over from within. Just imagine the voting power they will have in 15 to 20 years, I see barely english speaking people of different nationalities (except asians), breeding like jackrabbits and hauling around 3, 4, and 5 kids in a pack. I have trouble understanding how they can afford this many kids, a new car, tattoo's, and gold jewlery. I am also constantly amazed at how many come to where I work and purchase items regularly using $100 bills, They open their wallets and make me wish I had that much money. I just hope one day our military will be used for what they were intended. "The safety of America". But then again, is this not why we all carry, becuase we can not rely on others for our safety?

amlevin

Our military is not armed, at least not here,

Looking back on my Army days, I wonder if it would be a good thing to allow our "troops" to keep their firearms with them as well as a full complement of ammo, at all times. I can remember some nights in the barracks when most of the platoon would come back from "maneuvers" at the EM Club, some barely able to crawl, much less walk, and the antics they pulled. Some weird games were invented like "Artillery". Some surgical tubing, a bunk bed, a few bars of soap, and a foot locker as a target? Ever get hit by an errant bar of soap launched by a makeshift "slingshot" supported by the uprights of a bunk bed?

Just think what might have happened with live ammo. I do believe there's a reason that the arms are kept in the armory.

amlevin

its funny how were fighting wars overseas when over 30,000 deaths have happend right on our border from mexican drug cartels since 2006, and some cartels now have ARMORED TANKS! They kidnap american citizens and make them fight in gladiator death matches for entertainment, they keep finding mass graves of bodies but god forbid we put any troops down there cuz thats not "PC" and we might offend someone.

Fascinating stuff! Care to share some links to your source of this information? Armored Tanks? Gladiator Death Matches?

Please share with some articles or links to same.

ApacheBunny

yeah I think the tank comment is a bit out there, I mean the drug cartels numbers may be a lot of turn coat mexican military but I doubt a whole tank division ditched the ranks and took a tank with them. the gladiator death matches isn't too far fetched from American citizens being kidnapped and ransomed then slaughtered after the money comes in.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
"not a lot of people carrying weapons"

But after the call, Abdul-Latif and the informant studied Fort Lewis on the Internet. Abdul-Latif devised a new plan. He had served in the U.S. Navy in the 1990s and now decided they should hit a military recruiting station downtown. That would give them a tactical edge

"It's a confined space, not a lot of people carrying weapons, and we'd have an advantage," Abdul-Latif said.

Therefore, it is logical to believe that if everyone in the building had weapons the recruiting station would not be a target.

The duo had been busy for days, according to the complaint. They had scoped out the processing center, noting security cameras and an armed guard. ("We'll just kill him right away ... we can kill him first," Abdul-Latif had said earlier.)

"This is what I'm going to do: I'm gonna post guard. I'm gonna come in, pop-pop the security guard. Run into the cafeteria, lay everybody down in there. Pop-pop-pop-pop. 'Get on the ground, get on the ground, get on the ground!' And these officers right here, pop-pop-pop-pop."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2015420634_terrorplot25m.html

Last edited:

Lante

Here are cites for the articles Milk253 was talking about.

Drug Cartel armored tank..... a bit more than a pick up truck one sees on the news from 3rd world contries..... it is built on a semi chasis...
http://www.businessinsider.com/el-m...s-are-using-to-fight-mexicos-drug-wars-2011-5

Plus their submarine(s)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-12461089

The story on Mexican cartels using kidnap victims for gladiator fights for entertainment....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ims-fight-death-gladiator-style-contests.html

http://publicintelligence.net/mexican-drug-cartels-mayhem/

Drug cartels reach cronicaled by LA Times
http://projects.latimes.com/mexico-drug-war/#/its-a-war

So for those who posted above that wanted links to these stories or thought Milks comments "were out there" here is your proof.

And yes I have a vested intrest my sister-in-laws family lost their ranch to these thugs. And remember Mexico heavily restricts private gun ownership - maybe someone can tell the cartels.....