Thread: "I was going to shop in your store until I saw the sign..."

"I was going to shop in your store until I saw the sign..."

One thing i think we all need to do is make up some cards or some kind of paper stationary to give to stores that decide to post up a sign. Something that would indicate just how much you would have spent in their store had they decided to not post. We have done this in skydiving circles when a city or county board has decided to mess with drop zones. A couple of years ago we were doing it in Ottawa IL to fight a proposed high tension line that was going to come close enough to the DZ to basically end jumping. Once the local business owners realized how much money we were pumping into their local economy they joined our side. Skydive Perris in California did the same. They began stamping every bill that came through their register with a small parachute stamp. Pretty interesting how quickly people around the county were asking about the little parachute on their bills and warming up to the DZ.

If anyone wants some "no guns = no money" business cards, send me a pm with your name and address, and I'll send them out to you.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    If anyone wants some "no guns = no money" business cards, send me a pm with your name and address, and I'll send them out to you.
    I got some of those at the WCI Annual meeting. Is that where you picked yours up?
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Quote Originally Posted by XDFDE45 View Post
    I got some of those at the WCI Annual meeting. Is that where you picked yours up?
    No, I ordered 1,000 of them about a year ago. I've given out a few to businesses and several hundred to those who want to give them out as well if they come across a business that hinders our right to bear arms.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

No, I ordered 1,000 of them about a year ago. I've given out a few to businesses and several hundred to those who want to give them out as well if they come across a business that hinders our right to bear arms.
    Were you handing them out at the meeting? I remember grabbing some at a table shortly before I left.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Do you have a picture of both sides you would please post?
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by XDFDE45 View Post
    Were you handing them out at the meeting? I remember grabbing some at a table shortly before I left.
    I was giving them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Do you have a picture of both sides you would please post?
    It is only one sided.

This is the one I used: http://www.learntocarry.com/nogunsno...NoMoney-02.pdf

I got them from this site: http://www.learntocarry.com/nogunsnomoney/

Regular Member Big River Leather's Avatar

This is absolutely outrageous! I'm infuriated by what this site represents. Not a SINGLE Sig pictured on any of those cards

Seriously, those are great. I like the two sided one, though would have to make the change of the verbiage to represent WI rather than Missouri.
    Big River Leather
    Handcrafted Gun Leather and Accessories
    http://www.bigriverleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by Big River Leather View Post
    This is absolutely outrageous! I'm infuriated by what this site represents. Not a SINGLE Sig pictured on any of those cards

Seriously, those are great. I like the two sided one, though would have to make the change of the verbiage to represent WI rather than Missouri.
    When this becomes law, hopefully someone can make the front side WCI. Perhaps this could be added to WCI's merchandise page?

I was giving them out.

It is only one sided.

This is the one I used: http://www.learntocarry.com/nogunsno...NoMoney-02.pdf

I love the cards. If I am not mistaken the "gun" is a Springfield XD-9.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Somebody help me out here.

You know, maybe it's just me, but, telling a business owner how much protection he needs, isn't that like,you know, like him telling you how many guns to carry, like your main piece, and your backup ain't enough. Like I said, maybe it's just me. Think real hard about it. boar out!

The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

Make your own cards

I'll put this here too.

I just used the MS- Word files, front and back from this site

http://paopencarry.org/no-guns-no-money-cards

I set the front side left margin at 0.6"
    I set the back side left margin at 0.4"

I printed the front side on my ink jet and then just turned the paper over and printed the back side. Mine all lined up. Using a razor knife and stiff straight edge, they can be cut into cards. I used some pretty heavy paper.