• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Like a rat fleeing a sinking ship...

Centurion

"Helmke, 62, said he's undecided about his next career move and whether he'll stay in Washington or return to Fort Wayne, where he maintains a home. Helmke, a Republican, was Fort Wayne mayor from 1988 to 2000."

This goes to show we need to watch both sides of the isles as anti 2A forces have infected both parties, sadly.:cry:

Michigander

Let's be fair to rats! A rat would have more than enough intelligence to come to realize that it was a mistake to board the ship.

This goes to show we need to watch both sides of the isles as anti 2A forces have infected both parties, sadly.:cry:

Why should pro vs anti be a left vs right issue? As indeed you pointed out, it isn't, and for that matter never really has been. The fact that people who believe in the 2 party paradigm see it this way is a huge problem for our country, and has been for a long time. It's used as a wedge issue, when in fact it should be a universal priority issue.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Helmke is just jumping off what he knows is a sinking ship. The Brady Campaign has not had a victory in the last five years and their membership is in a steady decline.

M-Taliesin

Why should pro vs anti be a left vs right issue? As indeed you pointed out, it isn't, and for that matter never really has been. The fact that people who believe in the 2 party paradigm see it this way is a huge problem for our country, and has been for a long time. It's used as a wedge issue, when in fact it should be a universal priority issue.

Howdy Amigo!
Nice going pardner! You said something I've been trying to say for awhile around these parts and taking flack in the process. The whole wedge issue thing is nothing more than an upgrade to "divide and conquer". So long as we oppose one another, we're much easier to pick off than a united front!

As a gun-totin' liberal who OC's every day, I much appreciate your comment and wish more of us would stop bashing right or left leaning members who share a common goal. It's about our rights, not our philosophical perspective or political persuassion. And when only 25% of Americans (according to a statistic I saw somewhere on the internet) own guns, we're already at something of a disadvantage without splintering our own side of the debate.

Again, I surely do appreciate your statement above, and hope we can work together to promote RKBA rights together as a cohesive force for change for the better.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Bailenforcer

I speak Politico so may I interpret this article in part?

Former three-term Fort Wayne Mayor Paul Helmke said Thursday he'll step down July 10 as president of the Brady Campaign and the Brady Center to Prevent [prevent = create more] Gun Violence.

Helmke, 62, said he's undecided about his next career move and whether he'll stay in Washington or return to Fort Wayne, where he maintains a home. Helmke, a Republican, was Fort Wayne mayor from 1988 to 2000.

[undecided means he has plans and he knows the filth will follow him so he is being preemptive and hoping the American voters forget the damage he has done to the Constitution, republican means he hides behind a label hoping we are all morons and forget he is a traitor.]

July 10 marks the end of the five-year commitment [commitment = terror spree against Constitutional law] Helmke made when hired as president by the Brady boards in 2006. He plans to remain with the organization through the end of July, although not as president, to help with the transition to new leadership [leadership=dick-tatorship] . Brady Vice President Dennis Henigan will serve as acting president while the Brady boards search for a new leader.

The Brady Campaign, in announcing Helmke's departure, noted many accomplishments of his tenure. Leaders of the board spoke highly of his leadership, saying he has made the organization's voice louder and its movement stronger

[the last means they are announcing his further destruction of the Constitution by getting in a Federal position closer to the Constitution hoping his shredder is working when he gets the Constitution in his grimy hands]

All in all this article proves what I have said for years these Brady suck ups are going back into office compromised and trained to utterly destroy your Constitution behind the scenes while pretending to be on your side aka a so called republican.

Where that tree of Liberty quote from Jefferson when I need it........

Bailenforcer

No he is in fact going under cover as an political agent provocateur to destroy the Constitution, this is the Communist one step forward two steps backwards in action right in front of your face.

Helmke is just jumping off what he knows is a sinking ship. The Brady Campaign has not had a victory in the last five years and their membership is in a steady decline.

Bailenforcer

There is no left and right it is them against US! PERIOD! While we play their Roman Axiom (Divide and Conquer) they destroy our rights right in front of us, and we sit here like blind bats asking what just happened.

Howdy Amigo!
Nice going pardner! You said something I've been trying to say for awhile around these parts and taking flack in the process. The whole wedge issue thing is nothing more than an upgrade to "divide and conquer". So long as we oppose one another, we're much easier to pick off than a united front!

As a gun-totin' liberal who OC's every day, I much appreciate your comment and wish more of us would stop bashing right or left leaning members who share a common goal. It's about our rights, not our philosophical perspective or political persuassion. And when only 25% of Americans (according to a statistic I saw somewhere on the internet) own guns, we're already at something of a disadvantage without splintering our own side of the debate.

Again, I surely do appreciate your statement above, and hope we can work together to promote RKBA rights together as a cohesive force for change for the better.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Bailenforcer

I have a better idea than watch both sides, let's start a new investment scheme, and it will be commodities namely TAR and Feathers..... Because we are going to need a lot of tar and feathers soon....

"Helmke, 62, said he's undecided about his next career move and whether he'll stay in Washington or return to Fort Wayne, where he maintains a home. Helmke, a Republican, was Fort Wayne mayor from 1988 to 2000."

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP This goes to show we need to watch both sides of the isles as anti 2A forces have infected both parties, sadly.:cry:

Huh!?! Of course, anti-2A forces infected both parties. Neither party is interested in rights or freedom. No matter which is in power, government expands, spending goes up, debt goes up, ear-marks get traded, favors get dispensed, contributions get received, and freedom goes down. They're just two wings of the same party--the Government Party.

Each side has its own demographic to which it caters; each side tells different lies about what they will do. But, once in power, the results are always the same: government expands, debt goes up...

Here is a rather astute observation from history:

"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters" --Daniel Webster