• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fed Marijuana Law Change

the_hustleman

It shouldn't be illegal in the first place.

I have never taken a hit, never been tempted, but if tobacco is legal considering the fact that it causes cancer, yet they leave the choice to smoke it or not to individuals, the same should be done about "maryjewanna", mmmkay?

But I could only imagine the lines in walmart at the smoke line!

Stop chasing drugs and put real criminals in jail.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk!

Dreamer

Regarding conspiracies, while they undoubtedly exist, I tend to take the "headless blunder" view for the most part. This, however, certainly doesn't preclude many of these explanations which might seem as only possibly arising out of conspiracy, but which can actually be explained through careful analysis of individual incentive and its amalgamated effect.

Oh, so you must be one of those "coincidence theorist" then... :lol:

Dreamer

Sure, because the most pressing problem facing our country is the right to get stoned.

The right to do with one's body and consciousness as one pleases in the privacy of one's own home is one of the most FUNDAMENTAL and sacred of ALL human rights.

When the "state" can start telling you how you can perceive reality, and what you can and cannot do to alter, change, or modify what goes on inside your own body, then all the other "rights" are essentially superficial, and cannot be expected to be guaranteed...

If we're going to make SOME mind-altering "drugs" illegal because of "health" or "safety" reasons, we should make them ALL illegal. Any other position is hypocritical and disingenuous.

Personal control over one's own body is the ULTIMATE sovereignty issue...

KYGlockster

Activist Member
If the Federal prohibition on "Marijuana" (actually it is illegal to grow cannabis if ANY kind in the US without a special tax stamp, not just the kind you smoke) as effected by the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 had been even MARGINALLY based in any sort of legitimate scientific, medical, or criminological data, then perhaps there would be even one atom of legitimacy to arguing FOR any sort of regulation on "Marijuana" on ANY level--state, federal, or local...

But because the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 was ENTIRELY based on overt racism, classism, and the collusion between I.E.DuPont, the Hearst newspaper empire, and Harry J. Anslinger, the head of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics (a sociopathic bureaucratic climber and virulent racist and anti-Semite) in an attempt to eliminate the ONLY natural fiber that offered competition to wood pulp or nylon, there is simply NO legal, medical, scientific, criminological, or MORAL ground to stand on for the continued prohibition of "Marijuana".

"Marijuana" Prohibition is one of the last vestiges of "Jim Crow" law on the Federal level (well, aside from ALL Federal "gun control" laws), and should be an embarrassment and a moral outrage to anyone with a conscience, knowledge of history, or a modicum of humanity...

Not to mention, that legalizing Cannabis would perhaps be the single most powerful tool to revitalizing the Agriculture, Manufacturing, and Construction sectors in the US, and would dramatically reduce our dependency on oil for fuel and chemical feedstocks...

Very well put, this would be a major victory for states that decided to set up sales and taxation of marijuana. It would produce huge proffits for states, and at the same time take a big bite out of prison/jail populations, something that has a drain on almost every state/county/city budget. Not to mention maybe more people would decide to smoke this product instead of consuming alcohol. I would much rather pass someone on the road that has smoked a bowl, than someone that has been drinking alcohol. Alcohol has severe effects on the entire body, makes you completely unable to control yourself and can cause death. Marijuana does none of these, it comes straight from the dirt ready for consumption, unlike alcohol that must be processed. It would be nice if this passed, but I dont see it happening.

Dreamer

Very well put, this would be a major victory for states that decided to set up sales and taxation of marijuana. It would produce huge proffits for states, and at the same time take a big bite out of prison/jail populations, something that has a drain on almost every state/county/city budget.

Not to mention what it could potentially do for the papermaking and textiles industries, the oil industry (every thing from light lubes to paint) and even alternative construction materials.

Hemp fiber can make pure white paper with no chemical bleaching or sulfates (unlike wood pulp), and it hundreds of times more "green" for the production of fiber for paper and textiles.

Plus it would be about 300% more effective for making ethanol than corn.

The "smoke" part of it is really just a drop in the bucket with regards to actual useable applications. The MAIN benefit from legalization from the "smoke" point of view is that it takes the crime out of it--making it a regulated and taxed "vice" like alcohol would mean that millions of Americans would no longer be engaging in criminal activites (which is one of the MAIN reasons decriminalization is fought so hard against by the government--prisons are BIG money...)

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I actually met Jack Herer back in the early 1990s in DC, and had him autograph a copy of his book "The Emperor Wears No Clothes"...

It's one of the most prized books in my library.

I actually couldn't believe I read this...

Jack Herer?

His claims are even more outlandish than Al Gore's!! If he would have at least tried to be honest maybe William F. Buckley would have helped him get something published in a magazine with just a little more credibility than High Times. I read about his book when I was a kid. It promoted a liberalism in me I strongly regret. I won't even argue about the complete bullscat claims regarding ethanol and paper pulp. Since we're told that "evil" corporations are driven by profits, if there was one to make using pot, they would get exclusive license to use the plant for whatever industrial purpose just like they did in WW2. Now we have better options.

Look people THERE IS NOTHING POSITIVE EVER GOING TO COME OUT OF POT BEING LEGALIZED EXCEPT:

1) Cops won't be throwing lethargic oxygen thieves into jails for possesion, or even productive people who use it with moderation. The later is my only real concern, but they represent the minority of habitual users.

2) Having a high electric bill and a lot of traffic in your house will be less likely to cause the SWAT Team to break your door down.

3) Hippies might be that much more stoned and forget to vote, thereby making it easier to elect people who don't suck up to moonbat fascist special interests.

Other than that, I don't see a lot of problems with states dictating their own drug laws. I personally don't care if CRACK is not just legaized, but subsidized in any quantity a user wants since it will speed their release of the mortal coil they've decided to forsake.

It's a personal choice issue to me. As long as these morons don't become wards of the state, perpetually entitled to sustenance for 60-80 years, I don't care how they live or die.

stainless1911

Banned
Jack Herer isnt on the same plane with al gore. High Times is actually a credible source, and you might be amazed at how similar you as a gun owner are to a "pothead" What you don't know about this subject is a little bit amusing.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
While two polar opposite senators have agreed to sponsor legislation to end prohibition on pot at the federal level, I believe it won't stand a chance of passage. There is a ton of money being made by keeping it a criminal activity.

Cops have job security because they can always bust in on somebody with pot. Being a drug related crime, they can seize cars, houses and all manner of personal property and sell it off. Moolah, baby!

Then there are the privatized prisons that exist to make a profit. They need plenty of otherwise innocent folks to spend time at their bed and breakfast facilities on our dime. They will lobby hard against this bill.

Then you've got courts, attorneys, judges, and a whole bunch of judicial employees who benefit from keeping pot illegal.

The list goes on and on, because busting pot users is big business.

On the other hand.... legalize the stuff. Produce pot and tax it at 50%.
So let's say you get 20 class A maryJ cigarettes (or joints if you prefer) and it costs you 50 bucks. And you get killer weed too. And you don't need to worry that it has been laced with PCP or some other heinous thing. $25 bucks on every pack goes directly to paying down the deficit.

I'll wager you can clear up that deficit within 10 years. Coupled with appropriate taxation of major corporations, elimination of corporate welfare schemes, and taxing just a few percentage (like 3%) on the wealthiest 2% of all Americans, and you'll soon be solvent again.

But again, that ain't likely to happen. We're beholding to China, and they wouldn't like seeing us free from their influence.

And side benefits? Sales of munchies would soar, employment in the junk food industry would skyrocket, unemployment would be solved, and more citizens would be able to pay taxes into the system.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

stainless1911

Banned
Drug dealers sometimes, (very very rarely) put things into weed. Its bad business. Most potheads are purists. Cigarette manufacturers always lace thier products. I have vastly more trust in the dealers than the cig manufacturers.

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Jack Herer isnt on the same plane with al gore. High Times is actually a credible source, and you might be amazed at how similar you as a gun owner are to a "pothead" What you don't know about this subject is a little bit amusing.

High Times is actually more credible than TIME magazine, but they're both leftist rags. HT just has way better pictures. That still doesn't mean they're worthy of any sort of journalistic credit.

You've got to be kidding.

oak1971

Drug dealers sometimes, (very very rarely) put things into weed. Its bad business. Most potheads are purists. Cigarette manufacturers always lace thier products. I have vastly more trust in the dealers than the cig manufacturers.

:lol:Trust some scumbag dealer with your life? You are nuttier than a pet squirrel.

You only know whats in it if you are the one who grew it. Even then the carcinogen levels when inhaled will make you envy the guy who chain smokes Camel's.

The lengths people will go to justify bad habits is astounding.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Howdy Folks!
While two polar opposite senators have agreed to sponsor legislation to end prohibition on pot at the federal level, I believe it won't stand a chance of passage. There is a ton of money being made by keeping it a criminal activity.

Cops have job security because they can always bust in on somebody with pot. Being a drug related crime, they can seize cars, houses and all manner of personal property and sell it off. Moolah, baby!

Then there are the privatized prisons that exist to make a profit. They need plenty of otherwise innocent folks to spend time at their bed and breakfast facilities on our dime. They will lobby hard against this bill.

Then you've got courts, attorneys, judges, and a whole bunch of judicial employees who benefit from keeping pot illegal.

The list goes on and on, because busting pot users is big business.

On the other hand.... legalize the stuff. Produce pot and tax it at 50%.
So let's say you get 20 class A maryJ cigarettes (or joints if you prefer) and it costs you 50 bucks. And you get killer weed too. And you don't need to worry that it has been laced with PCP or some other heinous thing. $25 bucks on every pack goes directly to paying down the deficit.

I'll wager you can clear up that deficit within 10 years. Coupled with appropriate taxation of major corporations, elimination of corporate welfare schemes, and taxing just a few percentage (like 3%) on the wealthiest 2% of all Americans, and you'll soon be solvent again.

But again, that ain't likely to happen. We're beholding to China, and they wouldn't like seeing us free from their influence.

And side benefits? Sales of munchies would soar, employment in the junk food industry would skyrocket, unemployment would be solved, and more citizens would be able to pay taxes into the system.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

YAWN....

We're told constantly about the massive influence of corporation within our government. You mean to tell me there's a chance they could make massive profits, the likes of Budweiser profits or much more, but they're not lobbying for such endeavors?

I don't disagree with the injustice of prohibition, I just dislike having smoke blown up my ass. When I need that I'll get a box of cigars and go to San Fransicko.

If there really was more money to be made one way or the other, the government would make it happen. Obviously the "munchies" aren't going to do it.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
:lol:Trust some scumbag dealer with your life? You are nuttier than a pet squirrel.

You only know whats in it if you are the one who grew it. Even then the carcinogen levels when inhaled will make you envy the guy who chain smokes Camel's.

Ya think????

+1

stainless1911

Banned

I speak from experience, do you?

Dreamer

We're told constantly about the massive influence of corporation within our government. You mean to tell me there's a chance they could make massive profits, the likes of Budweiser profits or much more, but they're not lobbying for such endeavors?

Pot is not illegal because it is "dangerous". It is illegal because it is an entheogen, period. Most narcotics and depressants are all legal on some level. Stimulants are all legal on some level. The only drugs that are purely illegal under US law (Schedule 1), even for research, are hallucinogens and entheogens.

There is something about the idea of widespread access to hallucinogens and entheogens that is very frightening to the "powers that be". They don't mind people having wide-spread access to depressants and narcotics because they shut parts of the brain completely off. They don't mind people having access to stimulants because they generally turn their users into tweeked-out zombies that make good wage-slaves.

But the idea that people might have access to a substance that has been used for millenia by people of dozens of different cultures to reach some sort of spiritual revelation or insight is a VERY scary idea to the people who make and enforce these laws, and to the corporations that profit from the drugs that are legal...

I don't smoke pot. Apparently you don't either. But if you think that Jack Herer's research on the industrial uses of cannabis are flawed, you are seriously misinformed.

The original Model T was made from hemp--it had hemp-reinforced polymer body panels, hemp upholstery, used hempseed oil for lube and the engine was designed to run on hemp-derived biodiesel. Ford himself called it "The automobile grown from the earth.'

Hemp was considered such a valuable fiber crop that it was actually MANDATORY in many states in the beginning years of the USA for farmers with large farms to dedicate a certain percentage of their acreage to hemp.

The War Department got special waivers for farmers to grow hemp for fiber and lubricants during WWII. Most of the parachutes used in the Pacific Theater used hemp rigging, and nearly all the lines used on Pacific Theater Naval vessels were made of US-produced hemp.

There is no "better modern substitute" for hemp products. Unlike cotton, it is extremely durable (hemp clothing can be 3-5 times more durable than cotton), requires no pesticides (hemp has no natural insect predators or parasites) or herbicides (hemp grows so fast and has such dense cover that weeds can't get a foothold under it). Hemp fiber is naturally almost pure white, so it requires no bleaching like cotton, to make white cloth or paper.

Hemp paper is hundreds of times more durable than wood pulp paper, and has a "shelf life" more closely resembling woven linen than modern paper. It takes ALL inks better than wood pulp paper (oil, acrylic, rubber and water-based). It can be recycled more times than wood-pulp-based paper, and subsequent papers are stronger, more print-friendly, and longer-lasting than modern recycled paper.

Hemp seeds have more protein, amino acids, E and B vitamins, and omega-3 fatty acids than ANY other plant-based food on the planet, and are almost completely hypo-allergenic for humans.

You are COMPLETELY and unequivocally wrong on the issue of industrial hemp.

The "Marijuana Tax Act of 1938" was nothing more than a corporate power grab wrapped in Jim Crow Racism. Even if you don't think pot should be legal, you have to admit that what the Hearst empire and Harry Anslinger did was reprehensibly racist, and their Congressional testimony on the issue was one of the most sickening episodes of American history ever committed to paper. (BTW, the Congressional Record that those testimonies were printed on was--you guessed it--hemp-based paper...)

Get over it...

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

It doesn't work the way you think it does. This isn't Dragnet circa 1968 where they lace weed with PCP. The growing/breeding/cloning process can be amazingly advanced. People who partake know what they are getting. They know what they are looking at when they make a purchase. There are pot snobs just like with wine, beer, cigars, cars and firearms.

The kids these days don't actually inhale smoke. They vaporise the plant matter. No flame touches it.

And one person's bad habit is another person's medicinal miracle.

:cool:

sudden valley gunner

I live in a town full of hippy pot heads, and even though I have nothing to do with pot (nothing against it either) I do find we have a lot in common. And I have had many positive OC encounters with them. They seem to appreciate rights and are fighting for theirs and appreciate me fighting for mine.