• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fed Marijuana Law Change

beebobby

In 2009, there were 858,408 marijuana arrests in the US. Imagine how much wasted money and effort our judicial system spends trying to stop people from doing something that isn’t harmful to themselves or others around them (unlike alcohol or tobacco).

As President Jimmy Carter acknowledged: “Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana in private for personal use.”

http://legalizationofmarijuana.com/the-top-10-most-amazing-effects-of-weed-legalization

Aknazer

It doesn't work the way you think it does. This isn't Dragnet circa 1968 where they lace weed with PCP. The growing/breeding/cloning process can be amazingly advanced. People who partake know what they are getting. They know what they are looking at when they make a purchase. There are pot snobs just like with wine, beer, cigars, cars and firearms.

The kids these days don't actually inhale smoke. They vaporise the plant matter. No flame touches it.

And one person's bad habit is another person's medicinal miracle.

:cool:

Man if kids these days don't put a flame to it and instead vaporize it then a LOT has changed since I graduated HS in 2004. Out of all the people that I knew that smoked back then I don't think I knew a single one that vaporized it instead of smoking it (with a few that occasionally baked with it, but that still isn't vaporizing it).

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I'm guessing it's because the vaporized MJ doesn't stink and it's probably more healthy too.

I don't partake in the MJ but I do vaporize my nicotine now instead of smoking or snuff. It's way healthier than smoking and way cheaper too. That is, until the feds get their grubby paws on it which they are aiming to do.

Last edited:

Aknazer

Dude. 2004 was like a million years ago.

And yet ironically enough I still run into people who have been in the military longer than I've been alive. Though I'm starting to run into more and more people who were in elementary school when I was at basic.

aadvark

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Jack Herer isnt on the same plane with al gore. High Times is actually a credible source, and you might be amazed at how similar you as a gun owner are to a "pothead" What you don't know about this subject is a little bit amusing.

I would take issue with you on that. The initial reason I became interested in politics, is because of what I felt was a massive injustice that people go to jail for weed. Some friends of mine and I found a High Times magazine at some Haji Mart on the lower east side in 1990. That was the foundation of my political influence for a few years. I've read all Herer's crap, and some non-sensical ravings from guys like Jello Biafra. I believed in bullscat environazi policies. I thought we'd all be dead by now because of global warming. So I'm well aware of everything a pothead "knows". The problem is, the more liberal potheads don't know anything.

I'm not going to get into my drug use history here, it's not something I'm proud of or totally ashamed of. It's history though, and drugs can serve no purpose in my life as it is other than a negative role. Even after I transitioned from the lunacy of liberalism, I maintained, and still maintain the belief MJ Laws are unjust. High Times is nothing more than a leftist rag to me now. Loaded with mindless liberalism, even worse than Time Magazine.

I know what I need to about the subject, and that is Herer and all his parrots are absolutely wrong. The proof is that no one in any country on earth uses it for any significant industrial purpose. If it was the great panacea that the hemp crowd insists it is, it would be exploited. I can't see how any rational adult can come to any other conclusion, but then again we have 9/11 truthers here as well.

Last edited:

wrightme

It doesn't work the way you think it does. This isn't Dragnet circa 1968 where they lace weed with PCP. The growing/breeding/cloning process can be amazingly advanced. People who partake know what they are getting. They know what they are looking at when they make a purchase. There are pot snobs just like with wine, beer, cigars, cars and firearms.

The kids these days don't actually inhale smoke. They vaporise the plant matter. No flame touches it.

And one person's bad habit is another person's medicinal miracle.

What you describe is not the entire "scene." While there are those that will do as you describe, I do not agree that what you describe is the "norm." Do you have actual data, other than anectodal, to support your implied claim that the majority of pot smokers are "pot snobs?"

Lets use the "wine, beer, and other" snobs as example. Lets stipulate that it is wine and pot we are comparing, as I personally feel the beer drinkers outnumber pot smokers, and wine drinkers may be a closer "fit" in numbers. (Just my baseless view).

I do not feel the number of "wine snobs" is a majority of the "wine drinkers" group.

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
I'm guessing it's because the vaporized MJ doesn't stink and it's probably more healthy too.

I don't partake in the MJ but I do vaporize my nicotine now instead of smoking or snuff. It's way healthier than smoking and way cheaper too. That is, until the feds get their grubby paws on it which they are aiming to do.

MJ doesnt stink. IMO

What you describe is not the entire "scene." While there are those that will do as you describe, I do not agree that what you describe is the "norm." Do you have actual data, other than anectodal, to support your implied claim that the majority of pot smokers are "pot snobs?"

Lets use the "wine, beer, and other" snobs as example. Lets stipulate that it is wine and pot we are comparing, as I personally feel the beer drinkers outnumber pot smokers, and wine drinkers may be a closer "fit" in numbers. (Just my baseless view).

I do not feel the number of "wine snobs" is a majority of the "wine drinkers" group.

Trust me, people who smoke, pay a LOT of money for it, and don't expect to be ripped off with some mexican brick BS, or some artificial ingredient in the weed. At 20$/ gram, you make sure that what you want is what you are getting.

MKEgal

Dreamer, tell us how you really feel... :rolleyes:
Seriously, though, thanks for introducing me to a new word.
I had to look up "entheogen".

the_hustleman said:
But I could only imagine the lines in walmart at the smoke line!
They'd have to increase their shelf space for junk food, too.

Dreamer

I know what I need to about the subject, and that is Herer and all his parrots are absolutely wrong.

Yeah, you're right. Those stories about Henry Ford's obsession with hemp-based automobiles are all just made-up fiction...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rgDyEO_8cI

And so are the ones about Hemp being seen by Scientific American magazine (the year before cannabis was made illegal in 1938) the "BILLION Dollar Crop"...

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/history/newbilln.htm

The proof is that no one in any country on earth uses it for any significant industrial purpose. If it was the great panacea that the hemp crowd insists it is, it would be exploited. I can't see how any rational adult can come to any other conclusion, but then again we have 9/11 truthers here as well.

Yeah, Strathmore, the largest art-paper manufacturer in the world is completely delusional:

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/disco...oglebase&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping

As are the dozens of printmakers, papermakers, artists, and bookbinders that I PERSONALLY know, who swear by the superiority of hemp-based papers in EVERY application--from it's ability to take ink and pigments, to it's durability and longevity, to it's ability to be moulded into shapes, forms, textures, and thinnesses that are impossible to achieve with woodp pulp based paper, or nearly any other plant-fiber...

And I guess the folks over at "GreenBoatSupply.com" are completely delusional offering a mess of hemp products from line to placemats...

http://search.greenboatstuff.com/?keywords=hemp+rope&vwcatalog=yhst-31755506130963

Yeah, you are right. There is simply NO rational reason to use hemp.

Except for the fact that is produces three times the usable fiber per acre that any other fiber plant does.

Or that it produces nearly 5 times the methanol per acre that we can get from corn.

Or the fact that there has NEVER been a single "overdose" recorded in the history of mankind from "marijuana".

Or the fact that hemp ropes and lines are naturally resistant to rotting in salt-water applications, and that is is only surpassed in abrasion-resistance and tensile strength by kevlar-reinforced synthetic line.

Or that everything you think you "know" about hemp is wrong, and you allow your painful ignorance to filter out primary source references like peer-reviewed journals, Congressional Records, and historic documents and Statutes to be dismissed as "fantasy" rather than merely jettisoning your faulty programming in light of the cognitive dissonance created by historical facts.

I pity you...

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Drug dealers sometimes, (very very rarely) put things into weed. Its bad business. Most potheads are purists. Cigarette manufacturers always lace thier products. I have vastly more trust in the dealers than the cig manufacturers.

This is because, in the case of tobacco, tort liability has been perverted by the "quit or die" villains.

"Big tobacco" has already been sued for trying to venture into the realm of "harm-reduced" cigarettes. No way they'll make that mistake again.

Those with the compulsion to enforce nonsmoking are plenty happy to help kill you if you won't quit.

stainless1911

Banned
This is because, in the case of tobacco, tort liability has been perverted by the "quit or die" villains.

"Big tobacco" has already been sued for trying to venture into the realm of "harm-reduced" cigarettes. No way they'll make that mistake again.

Those with the compulsion to enforce nonsmoking are plenty happy to help kill you if you won't quit.

I quit smoking cigarettes 3 years ago.

HandyHamlet

What you describe is not the entire "scene." While there are those that will do as you describe, I do not agree that what you describe is the "norm."

Well bully for you Sir.

Do you have actual data, other than anectodal, to support your implied claim that the majority of pot smokers are "pot snobs?"

No. Because those are your words not mine. I make no such claim.

Say what...?

Well, once again... Bully Sir!

bong.gif

And on a side note... I was invited to the "Wine drinker's Group" Christmas party last season. It wasn't as fun as it sounds. Everyone had purple teeth, lips, and tongues. They spoke wistfully of things like the decline of the silk worm in Bora Bora. Or Brahms Symphony in F Minor on vinyl... While eating tiny cucumber sandwiches, cheese, and face fulls wafer thin crackers.

Bong_emoticon_by_kompound_kid.gif

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I have no pity for you. You insist on being delusional.

For all your nice little POINTLESS cites, actual scientists have refuted Herer's exagerations. I'll be nice and not call them lies, since I actually liked what the man was trying to do even though I dislike what the leftist moonbat fringe has done with his work.

Dr. Hayo M.G. van der Werf author of the doctoral thesis Crop physiology of fibre hemp (1994) and Dr. Ivan Bûcsa, criticized Herer' for making unrealistic claims regarding the potential of hemp, for example:
- Herer claimed that hemp produces higher yields than other crops. Van der Werf argue that is simply wrong. Under most favorable growing conditions, other crops such as maize, sugar beet or potato produced similar dry matter yields. Fiber hemp is in no way exceptional.
http://www.hempfood.com/iha/iha01213.html

I'll even use a cite from another dope zealot to refute your ignorant tripe:

Bamboo Fabric: Better Than Hemp.

These days, natural, organic fabrics are very popular. There’s a lot of talk about hemp fabric for its obvious properties. Not many know about bamboo.

We are all aware that bamboo is a plant, which is commonly grown in Asia. It is sometimes referred to as a grass, but it also has a hard, woody and hollow stem which is very strong and durable.
http://www.mymarijuanameds.com/bamboo-fabric-better-than-hemp.php

Yeah, you're right. Those stories about Henry Ford's obsession with hemp-based automobiles are all just made-up fiction...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rgDyEO_8cI

And so are the ones about Hemp being seen by Scientific American magazine (the year before cannabis was made illegal in 1938) the "BILLION Dollar Crop"...

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/history/newbilln.htm

Yeah, because they knew everything there was to know in 1938... I laugh in your face. Henry Ford was a guy who refused to make a car besides the Model T for years in spite of sliding sales. It drove his own son Edsel to the nut house. Henry Ford was no better a beacon of lucidity than Jesse Ventura.

Yeah, Strathmore, the largest art-paper manufacturer in the world is completely delusional:

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/disco...oglebase&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping

As are the dozens of printmakers, papermakers, artists, and bookbinders that I PERSONALLY know, who swear by the superiority of hemp-based papers in EVERY application--from it's ability to take ink and pigments, to it's durability and longevity, to it's ability to be moulded into shapes, forms, textures, and thinnesses that are impossible to achieve with woodp pulp based paper, or nearly any other plant-fiber...

And I guess the folks over at "GreenBoatSupply.com" are completely delusional offering a mess of hemp products from line to placemats...

http://search.greenboatstuff.com/?keywords=hemp+rope&vwcatalog=yhst-31755506130963

So what? Has is it occured to you that some of this crap has become fashionable? Just like wind and solar power is pushed on people thanks to algore's global warming acolytes, being "green" is trendy. That alone creates a demand for stuff even if it's more expensive or down right useless.

Yeah, you are right. There is simply NO rational reason to use hemp.

Except for the fact that is produces three times the usable fiber per acre that any other fiber plant does.

Or that it produces nearly 5 times the methanol per acre that we can get from corn.

Or the fact that there has NEVER been a single "overdose" recorded in the history of mankind from "marijuana".

Or the fact that hemp ropes and lines are naturally resistant to rotting in salt-water applications, and that is is only surpassed in abrasion-resistance and tensile strength by kevlar-reinforced synthetic line.

Or that everything you think you "know" about hemp is wrong, and you allow your painful ignorance to filter out primary source references like peer-reviewed journals, Congressional Records, and historic documents and Statutes to be dismissed as "fantasy" rather than merely jettisoning your faulty programming in light of the cognitive dissonance created by historical facts.

I pity you...

Furthermore you're twisting my words, COMMENT REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack. I DID NOT SAY " There is simply NO rational reason to use hemp", I said a rational person should conclude that if hemp was the be all end all wonder plant lunatics like you insist it is, it would be used in significant quantity by more people and businesses.

You're sitting there trying to convince people corporations are evil, in pursuit of profits no matter the damage to freedom, human life or the environment. They control everything, including the government. Yet for some reason they refuse to use what you and some stinky hippies insist is the most efficient resource available to them because if people smoke it they become too intelligent?

That's the juxt of your position, and it isn't just insipid, it's retarded.

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it.

wrightme

No. Because those are your words not mine. I make no such claim.
correct. had I accused you of claiming such, that denial would carry weight. Hence, my use of the word "implied" followed by "claim."
HandyHamlet said:
And on a side note... I was invited to the "Wine drinker's Group" Christmas party last season. It wasn't as fun as it sounds. Everyone had purple teeth, lips, and tongues. They spoke wistfully of things like the decline of the silk worm in Bora Bora. Or Brahms Symphony in F Minor on vinyl... While eating tiny cucumber sandwiches, cheese, and face fulls wafer thin crackers.
Yep, that does not sound fun. Nor does it sound like an average (or majority of) wine drinker. Would you agree?

Last edited: