• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fed Marijuana Law Change

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
bong.gif

And on a side note... I was invited to the "Wine drinker's Group" Christmas party last season. It wasn't as fun as it sounds. Everyone had purple teeth, lips, and tongues. They spoke wistfully of things like the decline of the silk worm in Bora Bora. Or Brahms Symphony in F Minor on vinyl... While eating tiny cucumber sandwiches, cheese, and face fulls wafer thin crackers.

Bong_emoticon_by_kompound_kid.gif

That sounds like torture. I'd rather be waterboarded.

HandyHamlet

Nor does it sound like an average (or majority of) wine drinker. Would you agree?

Guys, it was a joke. My apologies for misleading the forum. May your Fourth be filled with the only thing that matters in life. Friends and family.

wrightme

Furthermore you're twisting my words, just like a well programmed little marxist zealot is supposed to. I DID NOT SAY " There is simply NO rational reason to use hemp", I said a rational person should conclude that if hemp was the be all end all wonder plant lunatics like you insist it is, it would be used in significant quantity by more people and businesses.

It cannot be used for such purposes (for the most part) in the United States at all due to regulations against its use.

Other countries DO use it, including China and Canada.

Go to Walmart.com and search "hemp." 25 hits of product, including clothing and cosmetics. I would guess that count would be greater if it were not limited to imported products.

As for much of the rest of your post? You don't "win" arguments by being more insulting than the other guy.

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
It cannot be used for such purposes (for the most part) in the United States at all due to regulations against its use.

Other countries DO use it, including China and Canada.

Go to Walmart.com and search "hemp." 25 hits of product, including clothing and cosmetics. I would guess that count would be greater if it were not limited to imported products.

As for much of the rest of your post? You don't "win" arguments by being more insulting than the other guy.

Several states issue licenses for industrial hemp. I'm not claiming NO ONE uses it, ever, for any purpose. I'm refuting the notion that is is somehow the best thing to happen to humanity since fire.

I'm not trying to "win" anything. I'm pointing out delusional marxist propaganda, and I have no problem calling an idiot an idiot. If you don't like it, ignore it.

wrightme

Several states issue licenses for industrial hemp. I'm not claiming NO ONE uses it, ever, for any purpose. I'm refuting the notion that is is somehow the best thing to happen to humanity since fire.

I'm not trying to "win" anything. I'm pointing out delusional marxist propaganda, and I have no problem calling an idiot an idiot. If you don't like it, ignore it.

Whether I like it or not isn't relevant. It isn't appropriate behavior, and it weakens your position. The high road is firmer ground. You should try it sometimes.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Whether I like it or not isn't relevant. It isn't appropriate behavior, and it weakens your position. The high road is firmer ground. You should try it sometimes.

You should try getting off that high horse, the air has much more oxygen down here in the real world.

wrightme

I would take issue with you on that. The initial reason I became interested in politics, is because of what I felt was a massive injustice that people go to jail for weed. Some friends of mine and I found a High Times magazine at some Haji Mart on the lower east side in 1990. That was the foundation of my political influence for a few years. I've read all Herer's crap, and some non-sensical ravings from guys like Jello Biafra. I believed in bullscat environazi policies. I thought we'd all be dead by now because of global warming. So I'm well aware of everything a pothead "knows". The problem is, the more liberal potheads don't know anything.

I'm not going to get into my drug use history here, it's not something I'm proud of or totally ashamed of. It's history though, and drugs can serve no purpose in my life as it is other than a negative role. Even after I transitioned from the lunacy of liberalism, I maintained, and still maintain the belief MJ Laws are unjust. High Times is nothing more than a leftist rag to me now. Loaded with mindless liberalism, even worse than Time Magazine.

I know what I need to about the subject, and that is Herer and all his parrots are absolutely wrong. The proof is that no one in any country on earth uses it for any significant industrial purpose. If it was the great panacea that the hemp crowd insists it is, it would be exploited. I can't see how any rational adult can come to any other conclusion, but then again we have 9/11 truthers here as well.

It is. It just isn't at a level that it could be. Yet.

Do you realize you are acting exactly like those you are in argument with? You say they are incorrect for believing their chosen sources, because you believe your chosen sources?

wrightme

I'll even use a cite from another dope zealot to refute your ignorant tripe
bamboo better than hemp

Interesting article.
The fabric is very soft and can be used close to the skin. In fact, the bamboo fiber works similarly to Gortex in its ability to wick moisture away from the skin.
I did not know that 'gortex' wicked moisture at all. If it did, it would NOT be used as it is. It is a waterproof membrane that allows water vapor to pass through, but does not "wick" moisture to anywhere.

wrightme

You should try getting off that high horse, the air has much more oxygen down here in the real world.

Misrepresented.

High ground, not high horse. Nor am I "high." :rolleyes:

The point is that you insulted him, when you could have focused upon presenting counter-arguments without going to the ad-hom argument.

If you feel the points he presents are incorrect, present the opposite case to refute his points. Attacking the sources isn't useful, except as a method to try and get others to agree that your chosen 'experts' are 'better' than his chosen 'experts.'

In fact, I don't see where you refuted a SINGLE point he presented. Can you?
As are the dozens of printmakers, papermakers, artists, and bookbinders that I PERSONALLY know, who swear by the superiority of hemp-based papers in EVERY application--from it's ability to take ink and pigments, to it's durability and longevity, to it's ability to be moulded into shapes, forms, textures, and thinnesses that are impossible to achieve with woodp pulp based paper, or nearly any other plant-fiber...
Yeah, you are right. There is simply NO rational reason to use hemp.

Except for the fact that is produces three times the usable fiber per acre that any other fiber plant does.

Or that it produces nearly 5 times the methanol per acre that we can get from corn.

Or the fact that there has NEVER been a single "overdose" recorded in the history of mankind from "marijuana".

Or the fact that hemp ropes and lines are naturally resistant to rotting in salt-water applications, and that is is only surpassed in abrasion-resistance and tensile strength by kevlar-reinforced synthetic line.
There you are. Pick ONE and refute it with facts.

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
It is. It just isn't at a level that it could be. Yet.

Do you realize you are acting exactly like those you are in argument with? You say they are incorrect for believing their chosen sources, because you believe your chosen sources?

stan-marsh-south-park-sad-cry.jpg

My arguements are not based on sources. They're based on my own critical analysis. The sources I've used are merely in place to show that I've looked up some information, and that there are other people, with degrees or at least equally stupid websites that are also refuting the idea that pot is the wonder plant that will save humanity.

If you want to believe "pot can save THE WORLD MAN!!" Go buy a bag and a bong, write letters to congress and forgo bathing for weeks on end. I don't care.

wrightme

My arguements are not based on sources. They're based on my own critical analysis. The sources I've used are merely in place to show that I've looked up some information, and that there are other people, with degrees or at least equally stupid websites that are also refuting the idea that pot is the wonder plant that will save humanity.
ROFL!
Not based upon sources? So, you have NO data to support your positions? Okay then.
You have an opinion that differs from that of others, and you can't support it with facts.
Noted.
PrayingForWar said:
If you want to believe "pot can save THE WORLD MAN!!" Go buy a bag and a bong, write letters to congress and forgo bathing for weeks on end. I don't care.
Misrepresentation. I do not hold that position. But, I do NOT agree that the opinion you hold is well-thought-out at all. You present as a former pot smoker who has "seen the light" and now realizes that pot is "DEVIL-WEED" that must be suppressed.

Can you refute the agricultural information he presented, or will you blindly deny his points?

wrightme

Yes obviously I can. Your lack of reading comprehension skills in no way obligate me to rehash my own posts.

Have a nice day.

So far, the only thing you presented was an op-ed that made some unsubstantiated claims about bamboo, and a so-called "refutation" that "if cannabis was soo superior, everyone would be using it!

That doesn't float.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
ROFL!
Not based upon sources? So, you have NO data to support your positions? Okay then.
You have an opinion that differs from that of others, and you can't support it with facts.
Noted.

Misrepresentation. I do not hold that position. But, I do NOT agree that the opinion you hold is well-thought-out at all. You present as a former pot smoker who has "seen the light" and now realizes that pot is "DEVIL-WEED" that must be suppressed.

Can you refute the agricultural information he presented, or will you blindly deny his points?

WTF are you talking about? I CLEARLY SAID I SUPPORT LEGALIZATION!!! It's YOU that's misrepresenting here.

I find myself arguing with someone I've mistaken for not being an idiot. Duly noted. It won't happen again. Here's to the 3rd person I've put on IGNORE.

wrightme

WTF are you talking about? I CLEARLY SAID I SUPPORT LEGALIZATION!!! It's YOU that's misrepresenting here.
Did I say you were NOT for legalization?

But, I cannot find a single post of yours in this thread where you "clearly said [you] support legalization."

I stated how your argument makes you appear. If that is not how you desire to appear, you might want to change your methods and content.
PrayingForWar said:
I find myself arguing with someone I've mistaken for not being an idiot. Duly noted.
Now, once again, you resort to personal attacks instead of discussing the topic rationally.
PrayingForWar said:
It won't happen again. Here's to the 3rd person I've put on IGNORE.

Do you typically ignore those who disagree with you?

Last edited: