Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Haack Diamonds responds to their position...

Robert Haack Diamonds said on news last night he will not allow guns in store

Channel 12 news cast, Robert Haack said he will post no guns sign. I posted on his facebook page that I and others will not patronize his shop.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

i dont think he realizes that no guns=more criminal activity.

Make sure that the business insurance company has been alerted that the client has declined the state provided immunity from civil liability provided to them under the law.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lockman View Post
    Make sure that the business insurance company has been alerted that the client has declined the state provided immunity from civil liability provided to them under the law.
    That is just silly. If he does not allow firearms in the store, there is no reason to have immunity from something which could occur if he were to allow firearms in the store....

McX
    no big loss, there are many diamond dealers. but i do see a potential for public education, and promotion of gun rights by HollyWood coming out with new (variant) movies like:

Harold and Kumar carry at White Castle.

That clown just went on TV and invited himself to be robbed.
    Last edited by turbojohn41; 06-23-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Maybe he has a machine gun in the back.
    oscar

What a moron! I'll be adding him to the list.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by turbojohn41 View Post
    That clown just went on TV and invited himself to be robed.
    ^^^This^^^
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

I Would Suggest

Quote Originally Posted by turbojohn41 View Post
    That clown just went on TV and invited himself to be robed.
    A nice terrycloth robe with matching slippers.

I was going to say better than him being disrobed, but thought I'd let it go.

The wording on this is plain...but I didn't pick up on it until I was going over the bill looking for something else. Not sure if it was intentional or a slip by the writers.

One section of the law sets out the (mostly obvious) areas where carrying any weapon is prohibited.

The trespass code only allows them to prohibit firearms. I don't believe summerfest, miller park, or Robert Haack can prohibit tasers.

Anyone else see something different?

The Diamond guy left this reply on Facebook....

Hi, never said we were anti gun. I told Mike Lowe, the interviewer for channel 6 that we were for the new law. In fact, I told Mike that 48 other states have the law and it isn't the wild west. My family owns guns, (wife is a gun carryin...g security officer and brother helps train military people get more effective with their gun). One aspect of the story that WAS my concern, is what if YOU brought in a gun inside my store, and you are witnessing a theft, as a good citizen, do you pull your gun? What if that escalates the situation, and someone gets injured? Who's responsible? To help avoid that situation, guns are not allowed in the store. And, just make sure you shop around before you buy your diamond! I know we can save you money on an "apple to apple" basis when you shop around.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

:/

Well, that's sure to keep the criminals out, since they won't be able to CC in there once they see his sign right?
    Proud member of Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    www.wisconsincarry.org

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
    Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post

Hi, never said we were anti gun. I told Mike Lowe, the interviewer for channel 6 that we were for the new law. In fact, I told Mike that 48 other states have the law and it isn't the wild west. My family owns guns, (wife is a gun carryin...g security officer and brother helps train military people get more effective with their gun). One aspect of the story that WAS my concern, is what if YOU brought in a gun inside my store, and you are witnessing a theft, as a good citizen, do you pull your gun? What if that escalates the situation, and someone gets injured? Who's responsible? To help avoid that situation, guns are not allowed in the store. And, just make sure you shop around before you buy your diamond! I know we can save you money on an "apple to apple" basis when you shop around.
    Geez Mr., you don't let your bottom line get in the way of other peoples rights much; do you???
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

I fixed my spelling error for you guy's.

Just another to add to the list of many reasons as to why I got the h3ll out of Milwaukee County....

Go ahead Mr Haack...post all the no guns signs ya want,and grab the free air time while your at it....only thing ya proved is the bad guys now know where to go to scoop up some over priced ice with the least amount of danger to themselves.
    Bad guys love easy pickins.....and you just made your store(s) an easy mark.

Dont make any bets on the "No Gun" sign stoppin the bad guys for ya...LOL

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    That is just silly. If he does not allow firearms in the store, there is no reason to have immunity from something which could occur if he were to allow firearms in the store....
    This addresses being threatened, injured or killed by someone inside the premises. If I am in the store and a thug attacks me with a sock, a roll of quarters and a pen knife the only factor the gun ban has is to limit the fundamental right of self defense.

The immunity clause is not worthless or silly. It can limit the progress of a civil suite or stop it at a much sooner stage of the game if one can claim it. This can equate to a revenue saving to the defendant and his insurance company.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post

Someone tell this guy the law provides for immunity from liability if they don't post. Liability seems to be his beef here.

Quote Originally Posted by xenophon View Post
    Someone tell this guy the law provides for immunity from liability if they don't post. Liability seems to be his beef here.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1559352
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Meh

Retail diamond stores have some of the biggest markups besides furniture. If you wanna shop for diamonds, find a diamond broker or a high end pawn shop. Diamonds are NOT an "investment" BTW.

Who is this guy anyway?

I don't see where anything he had said has done either good, or bad for open carry. W.A.V.E. must have been busy if they had to go find this guy

The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

Question Immunity Is Only For "Concealed" Weapons.....Not Open Carry...

Snip: (b) A person that does not prohibit an individual from
    carrying a concealed weapon on property that the person
    owns or occupies is immune from any liability arising
    from its decision.
    (c) An employer that does not prohibit one or more
    employees from carrying a concealed weapon under sub.
    (15m) is immune from any liability arising from its decision.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

So, If you post that no guns are allowed in a business, can you as the owner {Poster} still have a gun on the premises? Then if you use it for SD your not covered by the liability in the new law?
    oscar

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight
    If he does not allow firearms in the store, there is no reason to have immunity from something which could occur if he were to allow firearms in the store.
    Mark this day on the calendar: IK & I agree on somthing.
    You've hit the nail on the head, though - since his signs will keep out guns, why would he need immunity from anything that a gun might do in his store?

Quote Originally Posted by turbojohn41
    That clown just went on TV and invited himself to be robbed.
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by Haack on FB
    just make sure you shop around before you buy your diamond! I know we can save you money on an "apple to apple" basis when you shop around.

This is a very common mistake.
    People think they can post "no (legal) guns" signs, & carriers will just leave them in the car but spend money there anyway.
    I might leave it in the car long enough to go in & have a chat w/ the manager & hand her a "no guns = no money" card, but I'm certainly not spending any money there.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast