• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Robert Haack Diamonds responds to their position...

bigdaddy1

Robert Haack Diamonds said on news last night he will not allow guns in store

Channel 12 news cast, Robert Haack said he will post no guns sign. I posted on his facebook page that I and others will not patronize his shop.

lockman

State Researcher
Make sure that the business insurance company has been alerted that the client has declined the state provided immunity from civil liability provided to them under the law.

Interceptor_Knight

Make sure that the business insurance company has been alerted that the client has declined the state provided immunity from civil liability provided to them under the law.

That is just silly. If he does not allow firearms in the store, there is no reason to have immunity from something which could occur if he were to allow firearms in the store....:lol:

M

McX

no big loss, there are many diamond dealers. but i do see a potential for public education, and promotion of gun rights by HollyWood coming out with new (variant) movies like:

Harold and Kumar carry at White Castle.

Teej

The wording on this is plain...but I didn't pick up on it until I was going over the bill looking for something else. Not sure if it was intentional or a slip by the writers.

One section of the law sets out the (mostly obvious) areas where carrying any weapon is prohibited.

The trespass code only allows them to prohibit firearms. I don't believe summerfest, miller park, or Robert Haack can prohibit tasers.

Anyone else see something different?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
The Diamond guy left this reply on Facebook....

Hi, never said we were anti gun. I told Mike Lowe, the interviewer for channel 6 that we were for the new law. In fact, I told Mike that 48 other states have the law and it isn't the wild west. My family owns guns, (wife is a gun carryin...g security officer and brother helps train military people get more effective with their gun). One aspect of the story that WAS my concern, is what if YOU brought in a gun inside my store, and you are witnessing a theft, as a good citizen, do you pull your gun? What if that escalates the situation, and someone gets injured? Who's responsible? To help avoid that situation, guns are not allowed in the store. And, just make sure you shop around before you buy your diamond! I know we can save you money on an "apple to apple" basis when you shop around.

dinwi

:/

Well, that's sure to keep the criminals out, since they won't be able to CC in there once they see his sign right?

Lurchiron

Hi, never said we were anti gun. I told Mike Lowe, the interviewer for channel 6 that we were for the new law. In fact, I told Mike that 48 other states have the law and it isn't the wild west. My family owns guns, (wife is a gun carryin...g security officer and brother helps train military people get more effective with their gun). One aspect of the story that WAS my concern, is what if YOU brought in a gun inside my store, and you are witnessing a theft, as a good citizen, do you pull your gun? What if that escalates the situation, and someone gets injured? Who's responsible? To help avoid that situation, guns are not allowed in the store. And, just make sure you shop around before you buy your diamond! I know we can save you money on an "apple to apple" basis when you shop around.

Geez Mr., you don't let your bottom line get in the way of other peoples rights much; do you???

LR Yote 312

Just another to add to the list of many reasons as to why I got the h3ll out of Milwaukee County....

Go ahead Mr Haack...post all the no guns signs ya want,and grab the free air time while your at it....only thing ya proved is the bad guys now know where to go to scoop up some over priced ice with the least amount of danger to themselves.
Bad guys love easy pickins.....and you just made your store(s) an easy mark.

Dont make any bets on the "No Gun" sign stoppin the bad guys for ya...LOL

LR Yote

lockman

State Researcher
That is just silly. If he does not allow firearms in the store, there is no reason to have immunity from something which could occur if he were to allow firearms in the store....:lol:

This addresses being threatened, injured or killed by someone inside the premises. If I am in the store and a thug attacks me with a sock, a roll of quarters and a pen knife the only factor the gun ban has is to limit the fundamental right of self defense.

The immunity clause is not worthless or silly. It can limit the progress of a civil suite or stop it at a much sooner stage of the game if one can claim it. This can equate to a revenue saving to the defendant and his insurance company.

xenophon

Someone tell this guy the law provides for immunity from liability if they don't post. Liability seems to be his beef here.