• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Robert Haack Diamonds responds to their position...

wild boar

Dude,

Both Wild Boar and Glock34 continue to post and demonstrate their lack of respect for the other posters in the thread. They continue to make themselves look immature and foolish with their posts. It's difficult to understand why someone feels the need to continue an argument that makes both of them look like a ridiculous fool.

Read your signature

wild boar

I'm not alone here...

If I'm understanding your post, and believe me it's not easy, you are saying most here have an objection to the law allowing private property owners to post. If so, that is patently false and definitely points to a comprehension problem.

...I believe the comprehension problem ran both ways on this one. I could not find the quote regarding "objection to law, for this, I must concede. Where are all the quotes I requested from you to verify your statements of convenience. boar out. (sorry for the delay, I had a lot to go through)

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Really???

If you go back over the last few pages it would indeed seem you are alone.
...I believe the comprehension problem ran both ways on this one. I could not find the quote regarding "objection to law, for this, I must concede. Where are all the quotes I requested from you to verify your statements of convenience. boar out. (sorry for the delay, I had a lot to go through)
I'm trying to be amicable but getting to the end of my last nerve with you; and believe me, its not easy for people to get on my last nerve.

Look 2 pages back to see all the junk that YOU posted that for some reason you think I should quote. Is your memory that short? If I wasn't on my phone, I might indulge you but I only have so much time to waste and everything takes 10 x as long on the phone which makes replying to you 10 x as painful.

AaronS

So you still think shopping at the Hack is a good idea (just want to bring us back on topic)?
I do agree that the Hack has a right to ban me. I also say I have a right not to shop at his Hack shop.
Guess I have no real issue with his choice (he will not get any money from me ever again), but he now looks to have an issue with my choice... To bad. For him. I should be just fine without him.:D

protias

And now...

Robert Haack Diamonds Hi - going to remove comments, in this section, that doesn't have a solution to the problem. Daniel Lee's solution will bring up a whole new debate, but at least it is an idea (and I am not getting a freezer for paint balls). The reason why I didn't delete it, is maybe there is a technology out there that can help.

So he doesn't want people to say they don't like his policy? Perhaps he'd like to clarify this statement?

wild boar

I'm not big on bling,

So you still think shopping at the Hack is a good idea (just want to bring us back on topic)?
I do agree that the Hack has a right to ban me. I also say I have a right not to shop at his Hack shop.
Guess I have no real issue with his choice (he will not get any money from me ever again), but he now looks to have an issue with my choice... To bad. For him. I should be just fine without him.:D

just principle. How long do you beat a dead horse before you realize the wagon will not move, how long is long enough? Bret knew how this was going to affect him before he went on the news. A few posters have put carry in their light, and it now stands as public opinion. I can't say a thing that won't be translated into strong arming, still others do with immunity, well so be It. I am a passionate constitutional advocate who believes Bret has these rights, and a law that says he can keep guns out. Carrying can only be done where legal. Is Bret taking that legal right from carriers, no. boar out. :)

IcrewUH60

just principle. How long do you beat a dead horse before you realize the wagon will not move, how long is long enough? Bret knew how this was going to affect him before he went on the news. A few posters have put carry in their light, and it now stands as public opinion. I can't say a thing that won't be translated into strong arming, still others do with immunity, well so be It. I am a passionate constitutional advocate who believes Bret has these rights, and a law that says he can keep guns out. Carrying can only be done where legal. Is Bret taking that legal right from carriers, no. boar out. :)

I too am trying to understand your position.
I understand and support business owners' right to post.
I will not disregard property owner rights.
I carry everywhere I am legally allowed to do so.
I will not go into places where I have been asked no to.
Do I think he is "taking away any of my rights" when he posts? No.

So, do you want "us" to disarm so that "we" can specifically shop at "his" store... just because "he" has the right to post?

I'm confused :confused:

I've got pretty thick skin so don't worry about coming across as strong-arming, I'm just trying to understand.

wild boar

Shop where you will,

I too am trying to understand your position.
I understand and support business owners' right to post.
I will not disregard property owner rights.
I carry everywhere I am legally allowed to do so.
I will not go into places where I have been asked no to.
Do I think he is "taking away any of my rights" when he posts? No.

So, do you want "us" to disarm so that "we" can specifically shop at "his" store... just because "he" has the right to post?

I'm confused :confused:

I've got pretty thick skin so don't worry about coming across as strong-arming, I'm just trying to understand.

thats your right, I know, in the eyes of some, all of us "NFG'S" should have little to say, It's like sitting at the kids table at Thanksgiving. Now It's his store, who is next? We are a tiny part of the population, and the SBA can do us harm if this continues.This is as good as argument as any other will post. I stand alone here, but, "the lost cause is the one worth fighting" My opinion means nothing here, I'll take It where It will. boar out :)

deadlifter

I really dont see why this an issue? Am I the only one? If the guy wants to post, let him post. If he doesnt, so what? He doesnt.

He only did this for publicity, and he got it. "Theres no such thing as bad publicity"

wild boar

True!

I really dont see why this an issue? Am I the only one? If the guy wants to post, let him post. If he doesnt, so what? He doesnt.

He only did this for publicity, and he got it. "Theres no such thing as bad publicity"

Just to clarify my last post, I do not believe that my opinion has to make a difference, but, the "FNG" respect, and threats stating how my a$$ should cash checks is enough. I have fought far to long to lose my 2A rights over a violent occurrence. boar out.:D

roberthaackdiamonds

And now...

Robert Haack Diamonds Hi - going to remove comments, in this section, that doesn't have a solution to the problem. Daniel Lee's solution will bring up a whole new debate, but at least it is an idea (and I am not getting a freezer for paint balls). The reason why I didn't delete it, is maybe there is a technology out there that can help.

So he doesn't want people to say they don't like his policy? Perhaps he'd like to clarify this statement?

To clarify - that SPECIFIC question is for solutions. No bickering. No, we are not like the unions. No, if you do allow guns, I am not coming to your store. None of that stuff in this question. You can discuss opinions / facts anywhere else on the page, but this one is for solutions. Even the one about paint balls, silly solution, but who knows, maybe that might spark an idea on different technology.

wrightme

To clarify - that SPECIFIC question is for solutions. No bickering. No, we are not like the unions. No, if you do allow guns, I am not coming to your store. None of that stuff in this question. You can discuss opinions / facts anywhere else on the page, but this one is for solutions. Even the one about paint balls, silly solution, but who knows, maybe that might spark an idea on different technology.

I think one point you are missing is this.

You are seeking a solution........ to an ersatz problem.

roberthaackdiamonds

I agree, this should not be an issue. I was totally shocked about the threats against my family, people not willing to shop our store, etc. I am not saying the threats are from people who come to this forum, and openly discuss the issues. This law doesn't take affect until November. Why boycott / protest / not support / what ever you want to call it, now?

I can tell you there is about a 15% drop in business in the past month. Economy or boycott?

I can tell you that I try to work and solve problems. Last year, Greenfield was trying to pass a transaction tax, on anything a store buys in Greenfield. Jewelry / books / DVD's / clothing, etc. The city was complaining that my store was overworking their detective, and needed to get more funds. Well, I was able to help overturn this law. http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-499734

Bret

IcrewUH60

you really think there is a "solution" to this? WOW. If you want my input on the matter, read on. If not, simply skip this post.

I don't think that I (or anyone on this forum) is going to change your mind. I think that we have already seen your true colors. You have been given input (observe other jewlery stores in different states and see how the responded) and hard evidence as to why it would be better to NOT POST.But you sir, are asking for more. so.......

Here's how I see it. For years you (and your customers) have enjoyed life as you knew it with your head in the sand going about daily life, happy as a clam because the general public could not legally conceal their sidearms. So, "everyone" was a potential customer because "we" were all forced to either carry openly or go unarmed. You didn't give two spits then, and I don't think you care about a "solution" now.

The law has changed (by majority vote) and suddenly you are not the only one with a "choice" any longer. We can conceal and now, but NOW, you take issue with guns in your store???? WTF? where were you been on the issue 7 months ago? 2 years ago?

You're not happy that we now have a choice to carry concealed and you don't want us in your store if we do. So, to me it sounds like you are playing politics (poorly). "i want a solution", I want everyone to be happy", "Kumbaya!" "you can shop here on Tuesday's and Thursdays from noon to 4 with your gun" WTF.... I say that again WTF!?!?!?

FACT: We have been able to legally open carry for as long as I've been in this state and we now, finally, we have the choice to carry concealed and you're concerned that you are somehow "forced", as you say, to decide wether or not to post. Well guess what? You DO NOT have to post!

I've asked before, so I will ask one more time for you to answer this one simple question, "What was your policy on guns in the store before the new law was passed?" There, see how easy of a solution that was? Stick to it and move on. You're not doing yourself or your store any favors here by complaining about a "solution" that already exists.

IcrewUH60

I agree, this should not be an issue. I was totally shocked about the threats against my family, people not willing to shop our store, etc. I am not saying the threats are from people who come to this forum, and openly discuss the issues. This law doesn't take affect until November. Why boycott / protest / not support / what ever you want to call it, now?

I can tell you there is about a 15% drop in business in the past month. Economy or boycott?

I can tell you that I try to work and solve problems. Last year, Greenfield was trying to pass a transaction tax, on anything a store buys in Greenfield. Jewelry / books / DVD's / clothing, etc. The city was complaining that my store was overworking their detective, and needed to get more funds. Well, I was able to help overturn this law. http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-499734

Bret

[emphasis added]
Sir, we can legally open carry in your store/on your property unless you ask us to leave. What say you? Am I welcome in your business TODAY with a legally carried and loaded sidearm in plain view?

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member

Bret

Good job!
That's bull-puckey that they would have been able to tax you on all of your buying for the few criminals that might try to sell you something. The guy on the video saying that the extra money would help increase efficiency? What a joke, you should increase efficiency first to reduce costs not throw money at it.

Now this is a pretty good example of what we; or at least the activists amongst us, do whenever we don't like something. Try to get it changed.

As for your drop in business? Who knows. I think that if I were you, I'd try to just fly under the radar from now on and not post one way or the other. But that's me and it's your decision after all.