Thread: Stop touching the trigger!!

Stop touching the trigger!!

A woman suffered a superficial wound Friday when she was struck by a bullet fragment after a gun accidentally discharged during a gun and knife trade show at Gibraltar Trade Center in Mount Clemens.

The incident occurred at approximately 1:45 p.m. Macomb County Sheriff’s deputies and Mount Clemens firefighters are at the scene.

http://macombdaily.com/articles/2011...f319290729.txt

At least she wasn't seriously hurt. I wish the story had more details. Who had the gun being the main question I have. I'm sure more details will come to light. Then we will hear the antis start going on about how guns shows are so dangerous blah blah blah.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Smooth. Good thing the genral public isn't allowed to carry at these shows, just police and vendors, because we all know how firearms safety police and vendors are.

I sincerely hope the women heals quickly, and does not have any lasting effects. This should have never happened in the first place. Who is stupid enough to do this? I also (as mean as it sounds), hope she shot herself, and wasn't shot by someone else, this would be much worse.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

My experience with Law Enforcement tells me the vendors are safer.

Anyone who frequents a gun and knife show that prohibits legal carry is an idiot in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by eastmeyers View Post
    Smooth. Good thing the genral public isn't allowed to carry at these shows, just police and vendors, because we all know how firearms safety police and vendors are.

I sincerely hope the women heals quickly, and does not have any lasting effects. This should have never happened in the first place. Who is stupid enough to do this? I also (as mean as it sounds), hope she shot herself, and wasn't shot by someone else, this would be much worse.
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailenforcer View Post
    My experience with Law Enforcement tells me the vendors are safer.

Anyone who frequents a gun and knife show that prohibits legal carry is an idiot in my humble opinion.
    That is one of the reasons I don't go.

Nice to see ya around Bailenforcer!
    Last edited by eastmeyers; 06-24-2011 at 03:33 PM.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    God Bless

I am wondering WHY WAS THE GUN LOADED...????

Unless it was being carried (loaded) by one of the particpants....

Outdoorsman
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    It was probably someone UNLOADING at the barrel entering the show.

That last gun show and I mean LAST, in VA Beach my nine year old and myself were in line getting tickets and were swept at least 6 or 7 times by the guard checking peoples firearms and zip tying them.

Never Again.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by sst0185 View Post

That last gun show and I mean LAST, in VA Beach my nine year old and myself were in line getting tickets and were swept at least 6 or 7 times by the guard checking peoples firearms and zip tying them.

Never Again.
    And did you try to help correct the guards improper gun handling?

Nope.

But now that you mention it, a phone call, and or email would be in order to the people running these things in Va.

Thanks

More info. 2 woman and a kid hit with bullet fragments. Some dumb @ss popped of a round when he thought the gun was unloaded(dumb) he THEN pops off a SECOND round while trying to clear and unload the gun(even dumber)!!!! I hope they prosecute him...it is being reviewed at this time.
    Last edited by scot623; 06-24-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    heres a few questions.

WHY WAS THE GUN LOADED?

WHY WAS A LOADED GUN HANDED TO SOMEONE?

IF IT WAS A CCW WEAPON........WHY WAS IT UNHOLSTERED!!!???

i smell a large crate full of stupid coming from 1 or multiple person or persons at this place........
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

he probably should not have guns or be able to legally deal in them. two negligent discharges in a row is unforgivable.

he should probably lose some big dollars in a civil lawsuit as well.

criminals and idiots need to be marginalized from having the right to bear arms. flame on, but i believe this.

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    im all for pro gun laws. but stories like this make me believe when you apply to purchase a weapon, you should also be subject to a psychological exam. at least a ink blot. something that tells the NICS ppl "hey this guy is a dumb*** who is going to pull some stupid stuff and hurt some people"...........just sayin
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Angry

How about this, You have to be able to spell your FULL NAME, without looking at anything for reference. Because you know someone stupid enough to have TWO, count them, TWO negligent discharges concurrently, can't spell his own damn name off the top of his head.

I don't believe in gun-control, but I believe this should be the test for all people who own, carry, or handle firearms! We abolish all GUN CONTROL, and then implement this one simple law!

Bam!" - eastmeyers

God Bless

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...Gibraltar-show

Customer and dealer accidentally fire gun at Gibraltar show
    Charlie Ramirez/ The Detroit News
    Mount Clemens— A customer and a dealer at a gun and knife show today accidently fired two shots from a gun, police said.
    Three people received minor injuries as a result, Macomb County Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said.
    The sheriff's office received a call at 1:48 p.m. that a semi-automatic firearm had been discharged during the show at the Gibraltar Trade Center on North River Road, near Interstate 94.
    Wickersham said the weapon was for sale and the gun discharged when a customer was handling it. It discharged a second time when the gun's owner, a 64-year-old Marysville man, was inspecting it, he said.
    Two women and a 10-year-old child received minor scrapes from fragments, police said.
    Emergency medical technicians examined the three people and released them, Wickersham said.
    The sheriff also said the trade center's management has banned the owner from future gun and knife shows.
    Wickersham said authorities are reviewing the incident to determine if charges will be filed against the gun's owner.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110624/...#ixzz1QFLxG4HG

I hate to say it, but I hope they do find something to charge this dealer with. There is simply no reason to have a loaded firearm available for sale. Whenever I have been to these shows and asked to see a weapon, the seller always checked that there was no magazine in the gun, and verified that the chamber was clear prior to handing it to me. That this guy didn't have the sense to do these things, in my opinion makes him a danger to himself and the general public. That's my $0.02 on the subject.

Unhappy Yikes!

Something tells me from the detroit news story, that both the individuals are to blame here, the buyer & the dealer. I never squeeze the trigger on a firearm until after I have safety checked it, with the muzzle pointed in a safe direction! Firearms safety 101 here! To give a customer a loaded weapon is crazy, then to discharge it a second time after the customer has had a ND, while dealer is trying to clear it is just plain lunacy!
    Last edited by Centurion; 06-24-2011 at 11:03 PM. Reason: add safety comments

Keepa da booger picker offa da bang switch... DUHHHH

I have never tried to dry fire a firearm without first clearing it and by that I mean drop the mag open the chamber and both visually and physically check. However you would be surprised how many dealers will hand a customer a gun with the m,ag in and they have not checked it... and if the customer does not know to check it themselves... yikes! I am sure they are like well none of the guns in my display case are loaded... but all it takes is a loaded mag making it into one of those guns and
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

In the last two months I've been frequenting lots of gun stores. I must've seen at least a dozen people handed a weapon and these idiots put finger right on the trigger.
    Only two have offered their lives for you. A Soldier and Jesus....

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    Something tells me from the Detroit news story, that both the individuals are to blame here, the buyer & the dealer. I never squeeze the trigger on a firearm until after I have safety checked it, with the muzzle pointed in a safe direction! Firearms safety 101 here! To give a customer a loaded weapon is crazy, then to discharge it a second time after the customer has had a ND, while dealer is trying to clear it is just plain lunacy!
    I agree that the dealer is to blame. But unless we know the background of the "buyer", no blame can be placed on him. How do we know he was a "buyer", he could have just been someone one their with someone else, he could have just wanted to play with something pretty. Have you ever seen someone that KNOWS ZERO about firearms, pick one up with out instruction? I have, NOT PRETTY, even IF they THINK they are being safe. Unless you have been taught to be safe or are being told exactly what to do, you are most likely going to screw up on MANY of the safety rules. I personally place 100% of the blame on the dealer.

Dealer:
    Didn't know it was loaded. Didn't check it, before handing to customer. Didn't make sure customer was handling safely. Didn't handle safely himself. Didn't know how to unload HIS OWN FIREARM. And according to the interview I saw last night, with the Macomb County Sheriff, the first bullet didn't hit anyone, it was the second bullet that broke up into fragments and hit three people. I understand this guy is 65, this is no excuse, if he is forgetting things like basic gun safety, and how to unload a firearm, maybe its time to go see the doc, and see if dementia is playing a role. Its sad to think, but, ya know.

Now, where is pistolteacher, cmike, who dat, and buzzcat, they should be talking about how this is going to set back the 2A forever, not just at gun shows, not just in MI, not just in the USA, but in every circumstance in the whole world!
    Last edited by eastmeyers; 06-26-2011 at 02:16 PM.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

God Bless

Banned
    I agree with EM, its on the dealer. The customer might be a first timer, that is forgivable, everyine has the right to learn.

I took a CPL class today, and teh instructor referenced "2 women and 1 child were shot" in the gibralter incident... Funny how people talk about it like that.. I mean, technically they were shot.. but generally you think of someone who is shot as either dying, or having a SERIOUS injury requiring immediate medical attention, surgery, and possibly a hospital stay.. these people were bandaged up and released...

just a random note.

This isn't specifically about touching the trigger. It's about dumbasses with guns. When people make incredibly stupid mistakes while carrying, like negligent discharging TWICE resulting in injury, they should be prosecuted.