• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stop touching the trigger!!

eastmeyers

Something tells me from the Detroit news story, that both the individuals are to blame here, the buyer & the dealer. I never squeeze the trigger on a firearm until after I have safety checked it, with the muzzle pointed in a safe direction! Firearms safety 101 here! To give a customer a loaded weapon is crazy, then to discharge it a second time after the customer has had a ND, while dealer is trying to clear it is just plain lunacy! :uhoh::eek::rolleyes:

I agree that the dealer is to blame. But unless we know the background of the "buyer", no blame can be placed on him. How do we know he was a "buyer", he could have just been someone one their with someone else, he could have just wanted to play with something pretty. Have you ever seen someone that KNOWS ZERO about firearms, pick one up with out instruction? I have, NOT PRETTY, even IF they THINK they are being safe. Unless you have been taught to be safe or are being told exactly what to do, you are most likely going to screw up on MANY of the safety rules. I personally place 100% of the blame on the dealer.

Dealer:
Didn't know it was loaded. Didn't check it, before handing to customer. Didn't make sure customer was handling safely. Didn't handle safely himself. Didn't know how to unload HIS OWN FIREARM. And according to the interview I saw last night, with the Macomb County Sheriff, the first bullet didn't hit anyone, it was the second bullet that broke up into fragments and hit three people. I understand this guy is 65, this is no excuse, if he is forgetting things like basic gun safety, and how to unload a firearm, maybe its time to go see the doc, and see if dementia is playing a role. Its sad to think, but, ya know.

Now, where is pistolteacher, cmike, who dat, and buzzcat, they should be talking about how this is going to set back the 2A forever, not just at gun shows, not just in MI, not just in the USA, but in every circumstance in the whole world!

Last edited:

HKcarrier

I took a CPL class today, and teh instructor referenced "2 women and 1 child were shot" in the gibralter incident... Funny how people talk about it like that.. I mean, technically they were shot.. but generally you think of someone who is shot as either dying, or having a SERIOUS injury requiring immediate medical attention, surgery, and possibly a hospital stay.. these people were bandaged up and released...

just a random note.

kubel

This isn't specifically about touching the trigger. It's about dumbasses with guns. When people make incredibly stupid mistakes while carrying, like negligent discharging TWICE resulting in injury, they should be prosecuted.