• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stop touching the trigger!!

scot623

A woman suffered a superficial wound Friday when she was struck by a bullet fragment after a gun accidentally discharged during a gun and knife trade show at Gibraltar Trade Center in Mount Clemens.

The incident occurred at approximately 1:45 p.m. Macomb County Sheriff’s deputies and Mount Clemens firefighters are at the scene.

http://macombdaily.com/articles/2011/06/24/news/doc4e04d6b7c819f319290729.txt

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
At least she wasn't seriously hurt. I wish the story had more details. Who had the gun being the main question I have. I'm sure more details will come to light. Then we will hear the antis start going on about how guns shows are so dangerous blah blah blah.

eastmeyers

Smooth. Good thing the genral public isn't allowed to carry at these shows, just police and vendors, because we all know how firearms safety police and vendors are.

I sincerely hope the women heals quickly, and does not have any lasting effects. This should have never happened in the first place. Who is stupid enough to do this? I also (as mean as it sounds), hope she shot herself, and wasn't shot by someone else, this would be much worse.

Bailenforcer

My experience with Law Enforcement tells me the vendors are safer.

Anyone who frequents a gun and knife show that prohibits legal carry is an idiot in my humble opinion.

Smooth. Good thing the genral public isn't allowed to carry at these shows, just police and vendors, because we all know how firearms safety police and vendors are.

I sincerely hope the women heals quickly, and does not have any lasting effects. This should have never happened in the first place. Who is stupid enough to do this? I also (as mean as it sounds), hope she shot herself, and wasn't shot by someone else, this would be much worse.

Outdoorsman1

I am wondering WHY WAS THE GUN LOADED...????

Unless it was being carried (loaded) by one of the particpants....

Outdoorsman

sst0185

:mad:

That last gun show and I mean LAST, in VA Beach my nine year old and myself were in line getting tickets and were swept at least 6 or 7 times by the guard checking peoples firearms and zip tying them.

Never Again.

sst0185

Nope.

But now that you mention it, a phone call, and or email would be in order to the people running these things in Va.

Thanks

scot623

More info. 2 woman and a kid hit with bullet fragments. Some dumb @ss popped of a round when he thought the gun was unloaded(dumb) he THEN pops off a SECOND round while trying to clear and unload the gun(even dumber)!!!! I hope they prosecute him...it is being reviewed at this time.

Last edited:

carry for myself

heres a few questions.

WHY WAS THE GUN LOADED?

WHY WAS A LOADED GUN HANDED TO SOMEONE?

IF IT WAS A CCW WEAPON........WHY WAS IT UNHOLSTERED!!!???

i smell a large crate full of stupid coming from 1 or multiple person or persons at this place........

ElectricianLU58

he probably should not have guns or be able to legally deal in them. two negligent discharges in a row is unforgivable.

he should probably lose some big dollars in a civil lawsuit as well.

criminals and idiots need to be marginalized from having the right to bear arms. flame on, but i believe this.

carry for myself

im all for pro gun laws. but stories like this make me believe when you apply to purchase a weapon, you should also be subject to a psychological exam. at least a ink blot. something that tells the NICS ppl "hey this guy is a dumb*** who is going to pull some stupid stuff and hurt some people"...........just sayin

eastmeyers

How about this, You have to be able to spell your FULL NAME, without looking at anything for reference. Because you know someone stupid enough to have TWO, count them, TWO negligent discharges concurrently, can't spell his own damn name off the top of his head.

I don't believe in gun-control, but I believe this should be the test for all people who own, carry, or handle firearms! We abolish all GUN CONTROL, and then implement this one simple law!

:eek:

scot623

http://www.detnews.com/article/2011...ealer-accidentally-fire-gun-at-Gibraltar-show

Customer and dealer accidentally fire gun at Gibraltar show
Charlie Ramirez/ The Detroit News
Mount Clemens— A customer and a dealer at a gun and knife show today accidently fired two shots from a gun, police said.
Three people received minor injuries as a result, Macomb County Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said.
The sheriff's office received a call at 1:48 p.m. that a semi-automatic firearm had been discharged during the show at the Gibraltar Trade Center on North River Road, near Interstate 94.
Wickersham said the weapon was for sale and the gun discharged when a customer was handling it. It discharged a second time when the gun's owner, a 64-year-old Marysville man, was inspecting it, he said.
Two women and a 10-year-old child received minor scrapes from fragments, police said.
Emergency medical technicians examined the three people and released them, Wickersham said.
The sheriff also said the trade center's management has banned the owner from future gun and knife shows.
Wickersham said authorities are reviewing the incident to determine if charges will be filed against the gun's owner.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110624...ally-fire-gun-at-Gibraltar-show#ixzz1QFLxG4HG

Orion

I hate to say it, but I hope they do find something to charge this dealer with. There is simply no reason to have a loaded firearm available for sale. Whenever I have been to these shows and asked to see a weapon, the seller always checked that there was no magazine in the gun, and verified that the chamber was clear prior to handing it to me. That this guy didn't have the sense to do these things, in my opinion makes him a danger to himself and the general public. That's my $0.02 on the subject.

Centurion

Yikes!

Something tells me from the detroit news story, that both the individuals are to blame here, the buyer & the dealer. I never squeeze the trigger on a firearm until after I have safety checked it, with the muzzle pointed in a safe direction! Firearms safety 101 here! To give a customer a loaded weapon is crazy, then to discharge it a second time after the customer has had a ND, while dealer is trying to clear it is just plain lunacy! :uhoh::eek::rolleyes:

Last edited:

autosurgeon

Keepa da booger picker offa da bang switch... DUHHHH :lol:

I have never tried to dry fire a firearm without first clearing it and by that I mean drop the mag open the chamber and both visually and physically check. However you would be surprised how many dealers will hand a customer a gun with the m,ag in and they have not checked it... and if the customer does not know to check it themselves... yikes! I am sure they are like well none of the guns in my display case are loaded... but all it takes is a loaded mag making it into one of those guns and :uhoh:

SlowDog

In the last two months I've been frequenting lots of gun stores. I must've seen at least a dozen people handed a weapon and these idiots put finger right on the trigger. :banghead::banghead::banghead: