Thread: Ohio CCW holder successfully defends, and answers question on Ohio CCW forum.

Ohio CCW holder successfully defends, and answers question on Ohio CCW forum.

Here's the link.

Thought some of you might find it an interesting read.

Link to Video

Exclamation Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post
    Here's the link.

Thought some of you might find it an interesting read.

Link to Video
    Ah...he was wearing a Glock 36. That is what I wear! I too carry one in the chamber. He said if he hadn't had one in the chamber he would not have been able to fight off the perp. Another reason to always carry with a round chambered.

Thanks for this post!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    Ah...he was wearing a Glock 36. That is what I wear! I too carry one in the chamber. He said if he hadn't had one in the chamber he would not have been able to fight off the perp. Another reason to always carry with a round chambered.

Thanks for this post!
    You're welcome!

Yeah he also said had he been carrying at 5 0'clock in his usual holster, he doesn't believe he would have been able to draw. 3 or 4 o'clock, he thinks he might have been OK.

Interesting to read his thoughts. Makes me think about how I'll be carrying. Also makes me think to remind myself of this when I get lazy and start to entertain the idea of not carrying just because "I'm only running to the gas station"....

Exclamation Exactly...always be prepared.

My thoughts too. Too lazy to take it to the gas station...to the grocery store...etc....could cost me my life.

I was happy to see his Glock 36 worked well. I love mine!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

As I have short arms and a bad right shoulder (right handed), I usually carry at about 2 o'clock...

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 06-24-2011 at 04:02 PM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

I'm glad he's telling his story, but I worry that he instead should be using his right to remain silent to protect himself.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Thumbs up We need Stand Your Ground....

Luckily he shot from his vehicle so Ohio Castle Doctrine has him covered. But if he had exited the vehicle before he shot, he would have no protection against civil suits because they have no Stand Your Ground (SYG) provision in their law. This is why we definitely need SYG in our Castle doctrine bill. From Florida statute 776.013:
    (3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place [other than his car or residence] where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    scary! shows how something as simple as running a every day errand can easily turn into a life or death situation. this is why my weapon is NEVER more than 1ft away from me at any point in time. i carry +1 and always rest my hand 3" infront of my ccw with my thumb tucked in my belt.

stay aware
    stay armed
    stay alive!
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Quote Originally Posted by DangerClose View Post
    I'm glad he's telling his story, but I worry that he instead should be using his right to remain silent to protect himself.

This.