Thread: OC'er shoots would-be assailant on his morning walk.

OC'er shoots would-be assailant on his morning walk.

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." - Ted Nugent

Comments are 100% positive...one thought the old gentleman might not have been in fear for his life, but when you're in your 60s you can't afford to be punched by a 24 yo even once. So...tough.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

I love it when the older folks defend themselves. It does sound like there is a missing element to this story, mainly why did the younger guy start yelling in the first place. Did the older guy instigate something!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Regular Member EricDailey X-NRA's Avatar

After You Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    Comments are 100% positive...one thought the old gentleman might not have been in fear for his life, but when you're in your 60s you can't afford to be punched by a 24 yo even once. So...tough.
    Put yourself in this position. If it was you and you saw this thread. What would you want to read here. This case is just getting started. We do NOT know what the shooter knows or what the investigators know. We do NOT know what the authorities will try to do here. Speculation about this case may damage innocent parties. Facts from this brief, early report do not tell the whole story. Wait till you KNOW. WAIT for facts.
    Get a DVR, a Digital Voice Recorder, carry it 24/7. It's cheap, easy and makes a good witness in Court.

Triangle Open Carry Meetup
    http://www.meetup.com/r/inbound/0/0/...ry/?a=sharetxt
    This is a link for a "gunz r welcome" sign.
    http://www.gunlaws.com/images/unity.gif
    FORUM RULES (14)
    ....This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life.

I wonder what the writer meant by noting that the gun was "legally registered"?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    I love it when the older folks defend themselves. It does sound like there is a missing element to this story, mainly why did the younger guy start yelling in the first place. Did the older guy instigate something!
    Completely assuming here. But I have been yelled at for simply walking/biking on the road. It's possible the young guy was just a smart mouthed punk. It will be interesting to see this play out.

Don't mess with old folks.

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Completely assuming here. But I have been yelled at for simply walking/biking on the road. It's possible the young guy was just a smart mouthed punk. It will be interesting to see this play out.

Don't mess with old folks.

i have had the same here in Maine. punk kids drive by, throw things, swear. threaten, sometimes even pop a few paintballs in your direction and speed off. some stop and try to jump you for fun.

back in college i had a few drunk idiots from my school pull up and 5 of them get out. told me and by buddy fake names *even though we were sober and knew their real names* and were planning on jumping us. until one of them saw my 6906 on my hip. then they parted ways.

people are crazy. wont know what really happened in this situation until it plays out in full.
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

High velocity sex change!!
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
    I wondered the same thing. What is the alternative--ILLEGALLY registered?... WTF...

Surry County has no registration. In fact NONE of the counties in NC have registration with the exception of Durham County...

Another example of the "Mushroom Media"... Keeping the People in the dark and feeding them horse$#!+...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

It's just the medias way of saying it was legally purchased.

I'm OK with it. Let the uneducated gun control nuts think there is already a gun registration requirement and we won't have to fight the fight.

I am amazed at how many gun owners call the shop and ask what they need to do to get a gun they bought at private sale registered to them so they will be legal.

I go to Mt. Airy every day. I hope to get more information about the shooting next week. If I hear anything, I will pass it on.

Nate
    NC CCH Instructor
    VA CCH Instructor
    NRA Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor
    RSO

It's the Media's way of putting their bias and ignorance on display. Most likely a stupid reporter kept asking the police if it was legally registered, said cop tried to explain it, but eventually gave up on the moron and said "yeah, its legal." The Reporter made of it what s/he wanted to.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

This reminds me of what my CCH instructor said a few years ago. He said "I am 67 years old, and I have had two heart attacks. If a young man threatens to beat me with his bare hands, it literally could kill me. I fear for my life in that situation, and I will strike first."

I guess this old guy thought along the same lines.

You know if we saw headlines like this everyday, people would be more civil because they wouldn't know who was carrying and who might use it.

My dad used to say that in the 20's and 30's everyone was so civil and polite because most everyone carried a little pocket pistol like a 32 S&W. If you said a cross word to someone who was having a bad day, they might just shoot you. So you were civil to avoid the likely outcome. Don't know if it is true or not, but it has always intrigued me......I really believe this would in fact work.