Thread: And in TSA news...

And in TSA news...

TSA Officer arrested after items stolen from LAX baggage found in raid:

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_18339547

Better keep an eye on your bags when flying, folks...

It looks like the REAL worry for passengers isn't some "terrorist" clandestinely putting things INTO our bags when we're not watching--it's some sticky-fingered TSA thug taking things OUT of your luggage that poses the threat to passenger security...

Welcome to the "New American Century" folks...

Slavery is Freedom. War is Peace. Theft is Security.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Another reason I will not fly unless I have too.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

I try to carry-on unless I absolutely have to check a bag. I've gotten really efficient at packing my bags.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

My wife is a traveling nurse.specializing in IV therapy. Several months ago, she flew out of BWI, with both checked and carry-on luggage. Upon arriving at her destination, she was looking through her carry-on for her phone charger, and found a half-dozen IV needles (in their sterile packaging) in the bottom of her bag...

Needless to say, she was NOT impressed with the "security theater" at BWI.

And now she refuses to fly for business...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

--Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Slavery is Freedom. War is Peace. Theft is Security.
    +10000
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

It looks like the REAL worry for passengers isn't some "terrorist" clandestinely putting things INTO our bags when we're not watching--it's some sticky-fingered TSA thug taking things OUT of your luggage that poses the threat to passenger security...
    I wondered where my pocket knife went.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    I try to carry-on unless I absolutely have to check a bag. I've gotten really efficient at packing my bags.
    Works for me, at least for my valuables, including my camera, nice shirt, decent pair of pants, and dress shoes. Everything else I take while on vacation goes in checked baggage, as it would barely pass muster for at-home wear during a weekend football game.
    Last edited by since9; 06-26-2011 at 03:34 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

What's surprising to me is that someone isn't taking a close look at these 'TSA' agents, and by that I mean reprobates and thugs, and by someone, I mean a responsible gubmint official.

I guess a 'responsible gumbment official' is a bit of an oxymoron.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

Just like the ATF the TSA is a protected groups and wont ever be touched. There may be congressional hearings but it does not mean a thing, its just for show and nothing will ever change.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.

Rand Paul explains reality to TSA Chief: “You’re clueless on the people who want to attack our country”
    http://www.ihatethemedia.com/rand-pa...y-to-tsa-chief

UPS to destination. Package yourself up in a box with some holes....good to go.

Or get a Pelican Case, check a firearm in it, and that way you're present when TSA searches it and you lock it with your own lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    What's surprising to me is that someone isn't taking a close look at these 'TSA' agents, and by that I mean reprobates and thugs, and by someone, I mean a responsible gubmint official.

I think you're missing the whole point of the "TSA Exercise"...

These agents ARE getting vetted by their "higher ups", and they are getting more and more of EXACTLY the type of people they REALLY want in these positions.

The TSA is all about "dog training"--it has nothing to do with "security" or "safety" or "counter-terrorism". Their base-line function is to train air travelers into a slave mentality through bulling, dehumanization, and relentless violation of civil rights and basic human dignity.

And the sort of people who are perfect for that sort of thing--thugs, bullies, sociopaths, perverts, and thieves--are EXACTLY who the "higher ups" WANT in these positions.

Because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and this tree is rotten to the core...
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    Rand Paul explains reality to TSA Chief: “You’re clueless on the people who want to attack our country”
    Shhhhh!

The TSA doesn't have any actual experience. They have to make do with making things up as they go along. If they didn't, they'd be out of a job!

The TSA is all about "dog training"--it has nothing to do with "security" or "safety" or "counter-terrorism". Their base-line function is to train air travelers into a slave mentality through bulling, dehumanization, and relentless violation of civil rights and basic human dignity.
    In sincerely disagree. It's all about convincing the masses by means of a dog and pony show that their hard-earned tax dollars are being used for something useful. Helps take people's minds off the other areas where the government throws five times as much money out the window every week than goes to the TSA in a year.

And the sort of people who are perfect for that sort of thing--thugs, bullies, sociopaths, perverts, and thieves--are EXACTLY who the "higher ups" WANT in these positions.
    Makes sense. After all, "It Takes a Thief."
    Last edited by since9; 06-27-2011 at 12:00 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

The TSA and the LAX Crime Task Force, composed of airport police and LAPD officers, served a warrant
    Huh? What? The TSA has police powers now? Or a TSA supervisor stood outside and observed while LAPD officers served the warrant?

Regular Member Evil Tyler Durden's Avatar
    Crummy California the most unfair state in the union.

Lightbulb TSA the most usless govt. positions held by useless people.

TSA is a useless govt. position, that needs to be eliminated. They talk about tax cuts, let's start with eliminating the legal child molestation the TSA performs on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    Huh? What? The TSA has police powers now? Or a TSA supervisor stood outside and observed while LAPD officers served the warrant?
    Google VIPER Teams and be very afraid.

Viper Team stops and x-rays trucks with no probable cause or warrants. They had to go with "VIPER" because "The SS" was taken.

Last edited by HandyHamlet; 06-30-2011 at 01:50 AM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

What's surprising to me is that someone isn't taking a close look at...
    The appropriate term is "vetted," as in "if repropates and thugs are getting TSA jobs while millions of honest, law-abiding Americans can't find gainful employment, someone within the TSA system isn't properly vetting its employees."

Not at all. I have noticed, however, a serious decline in quality throughout both the government and the private sector between the late 1980s and the late 2000s.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    SNIP..."if repropates and thugs are getting TSA jobs while millions of honest, law-abiding Americans can't find gainful employment, someone within the TSA system isn't properly vetting its employees."
    Oh, I don't know. I got $5 that says they're getting exactly the kind of employees they want:

Not too bright automatons who will blindly follow orders, and will do whatever for pay, and don't know enough nor care enough about rights...

Think about it for a moment. Could you do a custodial pat-down search or irradiate a fellow human being without a warrant (meaning, individualized, particularized, probable-cause-ized suspicion)? Could you work on a VIPER team and just up and make suspicionless seizures of truck drivers just trying to get their load through to where ever its supposed to go?
    Last edited by Citizen; 07-02-2011 at 05:22 PM.

My personal definition of TSA is "Tough Siht, America....that's how we're treated.

This may be off topic, but chech out the link anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Oh, I don't know. I got $5 that says they're getting exactly the kind of employees they want:

Not too bright automatons who will blindly follow orders, and will do whatever for pay, and don't know enough nor care enough about rights...
    Reminds me of a comedy routine about Walt Disney automatons: "It's said that God created man in his image. If I was created in Walt's image, what does that say about what Walt is doing with his hand?"

Think about it for a moment. Could you do a custodial pat-down search...
    Not without RAS.

...or irradiate a fellow human being without a warrant
    Sure. I irradiate my son every time I turn on his bedroom light in the morning. Two different scanners were vying for the market last year. The ones that won are benign. The ones that didn't win were far more dangers. It's still less radiation than you get from sunlight.

Could you work on a VIPER team and just up and make suspicionless seizures of truck drivers just trying to get their load through to where ever its supposed to go?
    Inspections? Yes. Groundless seizures? No.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    The ones that won are benign. The ones that didn't win were far more dangers.
    Cite?

George Soros also profiting off controversial new TSA scanners
    By: Mark Hemingway | Weekly Standard | 11/14/10 1:00 AM

Be sure and read Tim Carney’s Examiner column today on the politically-connected lobby for the controversial new TSA scanners that are upsetting airline employees and travelers everywhere. Carney notes that a company called Rapiscan got a $165 million contract for the new body image scanners four days after the underwear-bomber incident this past Christmas. Not surprisingly, Rapiscan is politically connected, observes Carney:

Rapiscan got the other naked-scanner contract from the TSA, worth $173 million. Rapiscan’s lobbyists include Susan Carr, a former senior legislative aide to Rep. David Price, D-N.C., chairman of the Homeland Security Subcommittee. When Defense Daily reported on Price’s appropriations bill last winter, the publication noted “Price likes the budget for its emphasis on filling gaps in aviation security, in particular the whole body imaging systems.”

Then this morning Carney also noted that former Homeland Security secretary Michael Chertoff was flacking for Rapiscan.

As for the company’s other political connections, it also appears that none other than George Soros, the billionaire funder of the country’s liberal political infrastructure, owns 11,300 shares of OSI Systems Inc., the company that owns Rapiscan. Not surprisingly, OSI’s stock has appreciated considerably over the course of the year. Soros certainly is a savvy investor.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/...#ixzz1RIzknbUi
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie