• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

And in TSA news...

Dreamer

TSA Officer arrested after items stolen from LAX baggage found in raid:

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_18339547

Better keep an eye on your bags when flying, folks...

It looks like the REAL worry for passengers isn't some "terrorist" clandestinely putting things INTO our bags when we're not watching--it's some sticky-fingered TSA thug taking things OUT of your luggage that poses the threat to passenger security...

Welcome to the "New American Century" folks...

Slavery is Freedom. War is Peace. Theft is Security.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I try to carry-on unless I absolutely have to check a bag. I've gotten really efficient at packing my bags.

Dreamer

My wife is a traveling nurse.specializing in IV therapy. Several months ago, she flew out of BWI, with both checked and carry-on luggage. Upon arriving at her destination, she was looking through her carry-on for her phone charger, and found a half-dozen IV needles (in their sterile packaging) in the bottom of her bag...

Needless to say, she was NOT impressed with the "security theater" at BWI.

And now she refuses to fly for business...

since9

Campaign Veteran
It looks like the REAL worry for passengers isn't some "terrorist" clandestinely putting things INTO our bags when we're not watching--it's some sticky-fingered TSA thug taking things OUT of your luggage that poses the threat to passenger security...

I wondered where my pocket knife went.

I try to carry-on unless I absolutely have to check a bag. I've gotten really efficient at packing my bags.

Works for me, at least for my valuables, including my camera, nice shirt, decent pair of pants, and dress shoes. Everything else I take while on vacation goes in checked baggage, as it would barely pass muster for at-home wear during a weekend football game.

Last edited:

Badger Johnson

What's surprising to me is that someone isn't taking a close look at these 'TSA' agents, and by that I mean reprobates and thugs, and by someone, I mean a responsible gubmint official.

I guess a 'responsible gumbment official' is a bit of an oxymoron.

zack991

Just like the ATF the TSA is a protected groups and wont ever be touched. There may be congressional hearings but it does not mean a thing, its just for show and nothing will ever change.

Dreamer

What's surprising to me is that someone isn't taking a close look at these 'TSA' agents, and by that I mean reprobates and thugs, and by someone, I mean a responsible gubmint official.

I think you're missing the whole point of the "TSA Exercise"...

These agents ARE getting vetted by their "higher ups", and they are getting more and more of EXACTLY the type of people they REALLY want in these positions.

The TSA is all about "dog training"--it has nothing to do with "security" or "safety" or "counter-terrorism". Their base-line function is to train air travelers into a slave mentality through bulling, dehumanization, and relentless violation of civil rights and basic human dignity.

And the sort of people who are perfect for that sort of thing--thugs, bullies, sociopaths, perverts, and thieves--are EXACTLY who the "higher ups" WANT in these positions.

Because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and this tree is rotten to the core...

since9

Campaign Veteran
Rand Paul explains reality to TSA Chief: “You’re clueless on the people who want to attack our country”

Shhhhh!

The TSA doesn't have any actual experience. They have to make do with making things up as they go along. If they didn't, they'd be out of a job!

The TSA is all about "dog training"--it has nothing to do with "security" or "safety" or "counter-terrorism". Their base-line function is to train air travelers into a slave mentality through bulling, dehumanization, and relentless violation of civil rights and basic human dignity.

In sincerely disagree. It's all about convincing the masses by means of a dog and pony show that their hard-earned tax dollars are being used for something useful. Helps take people's minds off the other areas where the government throws five times as much money out the window every week than goes to the TSA in a year.

And the sort of people who are perfect for that sort of thing--thugs, bullies, sociopaths, perverts, and thieves--are EXACTLY who the "higher ups" WANT in these positions.

Makes sense. After all, "It Takes a Thief."

Last edited:

Yard Sale

The TSA and the LAX Crime Task Force, composed of airport police and LAPD officers, served a warrant
Huh? What? The TSA has police powers now? Or a TSA supervisor stood outside and observed while LAPD officers served the warrant?

HandyHamlet

Huh? What? The TSA has police powers now? Or a TSA supervisor stood outside and observed while LAPD officers served the warrant?

Google VIPER Teams and be very afraid.

Viper Team stops and x-rays trucks with no probable cause or warrants. They had to go with "VIPER" because "The SS" was taken.

[video=youtube;ST2JzDaQg9s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST2JzDaQg9s[/video]

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
What's surprising to me is that someone isn't taking a close look at...

The appropriate term is "vetted," as in "if repropates and thugs are getting TSA jobs while millions of honest, law-abiding Americans can't find gainful employment, someone within the TSA system isn't properly vetting its employees."

Not at all. I have noticed, however, a serious decline in quality throughout both the government and the private sector between the late 1980s and the late 2000s.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP..."if repropates and thugs are getting TSA jobs while millions of honest, law-abiding Americans can't find gainful employment, someone within the TSA system isn't properly vetting its employees."

Oh, I don't know. I got $5 that says they're getting exactly the kind of employees they want:

Not too bright automatons who will blindly follow orders, and will do whatever for pay, and don't know enough nor care enough about rights...

Think about it for a moment. Could you do a [strike]custodial[/strike] pat-down search or irradiate a fellow human being without a warrant (meaning, individualized, particularized, probable-cause-ized suspicion)? Could you work on a VIPER team and just up and make suspicionless seizures of truck drivers just trying to get their load through to where ever its supposed to go?

Last edited:

Contrarian

My personal definition of TSA is "Tough Siht, America....that's how we're treated.