Thread: Question about Police sub-stations

Question about Police sub-stations

I've been trying to figure this out and decided to post here to get feedback. Here is a snippet of city code from where I live.

SECTION 210.383: CONCEALED WEAPONS
    A. No person who has been issued a concealed carry endorsement by the Missouri Director of Revenue under Sections 571.101--571.121, RSMo., or who has been issued a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State, shall, by authority of that endorsement or permit, be allowed to carry a concealed firearm or to openly carry a firearm into:

1. Any Police station without the consent of the Chief of Police of the City of Florissant. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of the Police station shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises.

B. Carrying of a concealed firearm in a location prohibited by this Section by any individual who holds a concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to Sections 571.101--571.121, RSMo., shall not be a criminal act but may subject the person to denial to the premises or removal from the premises. If such person refuses to leave the premises and a Peace Officer is summoned...

Could this be applied to Police sub-stations that are common at gas stations/convenience marts? The locations I frequent do not have the anti-gun signs on the doors, but I was curious if it could be assumed because they are sub-stations.

If I am not mistaken the police sub stations are mear places the po po goes to do paperwork where the company sets aside places for them. The sign like qt is for shock value to deter crime. I could be wrong but I had asked that on another forum a few years ago and that was what I was told. Unless it is doing business as then that would be different.

Accomplished Advocate
    That would be correct, a police sub station does not make it a police station. The business offers certain amenities to the police so they can conduct business that can not be done wireless. We were going to put one in however we were unable to supply what was required to do so at our location.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Thanks for the clarification guys. I had a feeling it didn't apply, but wanted to make sure.