• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about Police sub-stations

Morpheus97

I've been trying to figure this out and decided to post here to get feedback. Here is a snippet of city code from where I live.

SECTION 210.383: CONCEALED WEAPONS
A. No person who has been issued a concealed carry endorsement by the Missouri Director of Revenue under Sections 571.101--571.121, RSMo., or who has been issued a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State, shall, by authority of that endorsement or permit, be allowed to carry a concealed firearm or to openly carry a firearm into:

1. Any Police station without the consent of the Chief of Police of the City of Florissant. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of the Police station shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises.

B. Carrying of a concealed firearm in a location prohibited by this Section by any individual who holds a concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to Sections 571.101--571.121, RSMo., shall not be a criminal act but may subject the person to denial to the premises or removal from the premises. If such person refuses to leave the premises and a Peace Officer is summoned...

Could this be applied to Police sub-stations that are common at gas stations/convenience marts? The locations I frequent do not have the anti-gun signs on the doors, but I was curious if it could be assumed because they are sub-stations.

repomasterstl

If I am not mistaken the police sub stations are mear places the po po goes to do paperwork where the company sets aside places for them. The sign like qt is for shock value to deter crime. I could be wrong but I had asked that on another forum a few years ago and that was what I was told. Unless it is doing business as then that would be different.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
That would be correct, a police sub station does not make it a police station. The business offers certain amenities to the police so they can conduct business that can not be done wireless. We were going to put one in however we were unable to supply what was required to do so at our location.