Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Another Fleet Farm

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Frozen Tundra, , USA
    Posts
    88

    Another Fleet Farm

    Stopped in at the Beaver Dam Fleet Farm. The sign out front says stop in and check out the handgun and riffle accessories. At the gun counter I found M&P's, XD's, a Berreta m9 I think the 9mm that the military carries 3 different Ruger Vaqueros,s and 2 other Rugers. Their ammo supplied looked well stocked. They also had a SKS for $279 and a Wasr 10 folding stock for $479. The thing that surprised me the most was a AR upper.

  2. #2
    Regular Member CKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hustisford, WI
    Posts
    25
    Cool, that's the Fleet Farm where I shop. They've had the WASR's for a long time, but I'll have to go take a look at the pistols now.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Neenah
    Posts
    194
    Went to Fleet Farm in Appleton tonight and found similar gear. They had some piston driven AR's from Adams out of FL for $1999 and under. The uppers alone were $599. They had VLTOR stocks and Sampson quad rails. Pistols included Glock, Springfield XDm, Taurus, Ruger and some S&W revolvers. No SIGs or 1911's.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    221
    Marshfield, Wi - haven't had a reason to go to fleet but i did see the cases with the shutters sitting there. They re-arranged everything.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Baraboo, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    They had some piston driven AR's from Adams out of FL for $1999 and under.
    If you are going to spend that much on a piston-driven AR, just buy a SCAR for a couple hundred bucks more and be done with it. Jeez that's expensive.

  6. #6
    Regular Member AaronS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,497
    My piston driven Stag AR was about half that price.
    Never had any issues with her, about 2000 rounds in it so far. She does love to eat...

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Vilas County, WI
    Posts
    71
    Wausau Fleet Farm now has pistols. I asked the lady up front and she said they just started carrying them a week ago. TONs of ammo, much better stock and very similar pricing compared to Walmart (enough to make it worth bypassing).

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Central Wisconsin, ,
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by technician View Post
    Wausau Fleet Farm now has pistols. I asked the lady up front and she said they just started carrying them a week ago. TONs of ammo, much better stock and very similar pricing compared to Walmart (enough to make it worth bypassing).

    yup
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...m-HAS-Handguns

  9. #9
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Shotgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,668
    Not to be confused with Mills Fleet Farm, but I stopped shopping at Blain's Farm & Fleet after they made their no-guns policy known. However I met up with my mother in Dodgeville last week for lunch and she wanted to stop at the Farm and Fleet there. While in the store I made a pass through their ammo section and was rather surprised to see a fairly extensive selection of defensive ammo on the shelves. In the past Farm & Fleet always had ammo geared to hunting and target shooting and very limited offerings in ammo designed for personal defense. I saw defense ammo in every popular caliber: .380, 9mm, 38 sp and .357, .40, 45 ACP, plus 12 ga and even .410 defensive ammo. One was a combination slug/buckshot load. There might have been .223 defensive ammo too, but I can't remember everything I saw during the approximately 60 seconds I stood there. I haven't been in the Madison F&F for quite awhile, so I don't know if the Dodgeville store is an aberration or if it reflects some sort of shift in F&F's thinking.

    Anyone else been in a Blain's recently?
    A. Gold

    Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

  10. #10
    Regular Member RR_Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Not to be confused with Mills Fleet Farm, but I stopped shopping at Blain's Farm & Fleet after they made their no-guns policy known. However I met up with my mother in Dodgeville last week for lunch and she wanted to stop at the Farm and Fleet there. While in the store I made a pass through their ammo section and was rather surprised to see a fairly extensive selection of defensive ammo on the shelves. In the past Farm & Fleet always had ammo geared to hunting and target shooting and very limited offerings in ammo designed for personal defense. I saw defense ammo in every popular caliber: .380, 9mm, 38 sp and .357, .40, 45 ACP, plus 12 ga and even .410 defensive ammo. One was a combination slug/buckshot load. There might have been .223 defensive ammo too, but I can't remember everything I saw during the approximately 60 seconds I stood there. I haven't been in the Madison F&F for quite awhile, so I don't know if the Dodgeville store is an aberration or if it reflects some sort of shift in F&F's thinking.

    Anyone else been in a Blain's recently?
    Not sure about the East Madison one. The Verona one is basically target and hunting ammo only as well. I picked up a box of JHP 9mm at one point, but they have mostly FMJ pistol rounds, and hollowpoint .22 LR.

    The little goon working the sporting goods section was holding back ammo for people in '09. (Other people, not me.) It's really close I can swing by to get some ammo on lunch though so I am there once in a while.

    I looked pretty carefully, they don't have any anti-gun signs posted at the door. They do seem pretty adamant about not bringing your dog in though.
    "I can only be held responsible for my own stupidity." - Captain Nemo

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by RR_Broccoli View Post
    I looked pretty carefully, they don't have any anti-gun signs posted at the door.
    As far as I know the only Farm and Fleet to post a sign was at the Oak Creek one and the signs were removed the next day after they were posted here.

    I have shopped a few times right after they declared themselves anti-gun (hey I shopped there a few times a week for years, I couldn't go cold turkey), and didn't carry because I didn't want to wreck it for the concealed carry guys. I have a feeling they will be a don't ask don't tell store.


    As far as the defense ammo, the Oak Creek location use to carry PDX ammo but it was hardly ever in stock and then they removed the space for it on the shelves. They also carried the cheap Remington UMC hollow points which testing on the net showed they weren't really that bad.That was at the time all ammo was in demand, I heard that the PDX and UMC is back for most calibers and it is in good supply. I haven't checked for myself because I haven't been to a Farm and Fleet in a long while now that I have found other retailers for the things I use to buy there.

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran Flipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,140
    Prior to their unwillingness to recognize Constitutional rights I open carried in the Dodgeville store on a regular basis, and no one cared, not the customers nor the staff. Very friendly & helpful staff. They always had large selection of handgun ammo and I bought a lot of it there.

    It's my understanding they didn't post their Iowa stores after their shall issue carry law took effect. Wonder what they are going to do about their Wisconsin ones.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

    The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

    "Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Plankton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz272 View Post
    Stopped in at the Beaver Dam Fleet Farm. The sign out front says stop in and check out the handgun and riffle accessories. At the gun counter I found M&P's, XD's, a Berreta m9 I think the 9mm that the military carries 3 different Ruger Vaqueros,s and 2 other Rugers. Their ammo supplied looked well stocked. They also had a SKS for $279 and a Wasr 10 folding stock for $479. The thing that surprised me the most was a AR upper.
    I went there today; Glock 26&27 Gen 4's for $574.95. Gander Mountain? $699.95
    Last edited by Plankton; 06-26-2011 at 07:32 PM.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

  14. #14
    Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,839
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    My piston driven Stag AR was about half that price.
    They have a very basic AR for about $999. The ones with all of the tacticool features are between $1499 and $1999. They are competitively priced with other brands with the same features.
    Fleet Farm is the exclusive dealer for Huldra Arms. www.huldraarms.com
    Last edited by Interceptor_Knight; 06-26-2011 at 08:41 PM.

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Went to Fleet Farm in Appleton tonight and found similar gear. They had some piston driven AR's from Adams out of FL for $1999 and under. The uppers alone were $599. They had VLTOR stocks and Sampson quad rails. Pistols included Glock, Springfield XDm, Taurus, Ruger and some S&W revolvers. No SIGs or 1911's.
    Those people are for the most part Dumb as Rocks when talking weapons & you want them to offer upper tier 1911's & be even remotely knowledgeable ?? Most of the gun people at FF sweep you before the hand you the pistol they didn't clear ;( Naaa I got friends that are FFL's I will buy from them...

    Huldra arms ? sorry, never heard of them..oh yeah that's because they are sold exclusively at Mills FF..Just another clone AR manufacturer which these days are a dime a dozen...... my Ruger SR-556 i would consider to be of superior quality with the customizations that I have added, of course NIB I would give it to Ruger....Just my .02 cents
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 06-27-2011 at 12:16 AM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGdude View Post
    If you are going to spend that much on a piston-driven AR, just buy a SCAR for a couple hundred bucks more and be done with it. Jeez that's expensive.
    I bought my Ruger SR-556 for $ 1450.00 SCAR's are going for $ 2400.00 Minimum the FN SCAR is a great rifle but the additional $ 1000.00 ??it's not that great..
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
    I went there today; Glock 26&27 Gen 4's for $574.95. Gander Mountain? $699.95
    Glock 26 at TGSCOM $ 475.00
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  18. #18
    Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    Huldra arms ? sorry, never heard of them..oh yeah that's because they are sold exclusively at Mills FF..Just another clone AR manufacturer which these days are a dime a dozen...... my Ruger SR-556 i would consider to be of superior quality with the customizations that I have added, of course NIB I would give it to Ruger....Just my .02 cents
    I wouldn't be so quick to write these guys off. From what I have seen, they are miles ahead of the cheap clones for quality and features. These guys are going after both the premium market and the base quality market. They are not bothering with the cheap market such as the DPMS and Oly, etc cheaper offerings and instead are going after RRA, Bushmaster, Armalite and even Colt.

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to write these guys off. From what I have seen, they are miles ahead of the cheap clones for quality and features. These guys are going after both the premium market and the base quality market. They are not bothering with the cheap market such as the DPMS and Oly, etc cheaper offerings and instead are going after RRA, Bushmaster, Armalite and even Colt.
    I guess I can't say anything bad about them I have no experience with the product. But I have owned Bushmaster now Ruger both Manufacturers are Excellent quality ( besides the crumby trigger that comes with the Rugers ) I guess Time will tell.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 06-27-2011 at 03:19 AM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Frozen Tundra, , USA
    Posts
    88
    Just curious. What is the problem with DPMS. I bought one a couple of years ago and I have a lot rounds through it of all type of ammo and have had know problems it has held up well shoots where I aim it. I am happy with the gun.

  21. #21
    Regular Member Plankton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    Glock 26 at TGSCOM $ 475.00
    Gen 4?
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •