• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Fleet Farm

Grizz272

Stopped in at the Beaver Dam Fleet Farm. The sign out front says stop in and check out the handgun and riffle accessories. At the gun counter I found M&P's, XD's, a Berreta m9 I think the 9mm that the military carries 3 different Ruger Vaqueros,s and 2 other Rugers. Their ammo supplied looked well stocked. They also had a SKS for $279 and a Wasr 10 folding stock for $479. The thing that surprised me the most was a AR upper.

CKM

Cool, that's the Fleet Farm where I shop. They've had the WASR's for a long time, but I'll have to go take a look at the pistols now.

Zeus

Went to Fleet Farm in Appleton tonight and found similar gear. They had some piston driven AR's from Adams out of FL for $1999 and under. The uppers alone were $599. They had VLTOR stocks and Sampson quad rails. Pistols included Glock, Springfield XDm, Taurus, Ruger and some S&W revolvers. No SIGs :( or 1911's.

HolyOrangeJuice

Marshfield, Wi - haven't had a reason to go to fleet but i did see the cases with the shutters sitting there. They re-arranged everything.

technician

Wausau Fleet Farm now has pistols. I asked the lady up front and she said they just started carrying them a week ago. TONs of ammo, much better stock and very similar pricing compared to Walmart (enough to make it worth bypassing).

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Not to be confused with Mills Fleet Farm, but I stopped shopping at Blain's Farm & Fleet after they made their no-guns policy known. However I met up with my mother in Dodgeville last week for lunch and she wanted to stop at the Farm and Fleet there. While in the store I made a pass through their ammo section and was rather surprised to see a fairly extensive selection of defensive ammo on the shelves. In the past Farm & Fleet always had ammo geared to hunting and target shooting and very limited offerings in ammo designed for personal defense. I saw defense ammo in every popular caliber: .380, 9mm, 38 sp and .357, .40, 45 ACP, plus 12 ga and even .410 defensive ammo. One was a combination slug/buckshot load. There might have been .223 defensive ammo too, but I can't remember everything I saw during the approximately 60 seconds I stood there. I haven't been in the Madison F&F for quite awhile, so I don't know if the Dodgeville store is an aberration or if it reflects some sort of shift in F&F's thinking.

Anyone else been in a Blain's recently?

RR_Broccoli

Not to be confused with Mills Fleet Farm, but I stopped shopping at Blain's Farm & Fleet after they made their no-guns policy known. However I met up with my mother in Dodgeville last week for lunch and she wanted to stop at the Farm and Fleet there. While in the store I made a pass through their ammo section and was rather surprised to see a fairly extensive selection of defensive ammo on the shelves. In the past Farm & Fleet always had ammo geared to hunting and target shooting and very limited offerings in ammo designed for personal defense. I saw defense ammo in every popular caliber: .380, 9mm, 38 sp and .357, .40, 45 ACP, plus 12 ga and even .410 defensive ammo. One was a combination slug/buckshot load. There might have been .223 defensive ammo too, but I can't remember everything I saw during the approximately 60 seconds I stood there. I haven't been in the Madison F&F for quite awhile, so I don't know if the Dodgeville store is an aberration or if it reflects some sort of shift in F&F's thinking.

Anyone else been in a Blain's recently?

Not sure about the East Madison one. The Verona one is basically target and hunting ammo only as well. I picked up a box of JHP 9mm at one point, but they have mostly FMJ pistol rounds, and hollowpoint .22 LR.

The little goon working the sporting goods section was holding back ammo for people in '09. (Other people, not me.) It's really close I can swing by to get some ammo on lunch though so I am there once in a while.

I looked pretty carefully, they don't have any anti-gun signs posted at the door. They do seem pretty adamant about not bringing your dog in though.

Jason in WI

I looked pretty carefully, they don't have any anti-gun signs posted at the door.

As far as I know the only Farm and Fleet to post a sign was at the Oak Creek one and the signs were removed the next day after they were posted here.

I have shopped a few times right after they declared themselves anti-gun (hey I shopped there a few times a week for years, I couldn't go cold turkey), and didn't carry because I didn't want to wreck it for the concealed carry guys. I have a feeling they will be a don't ask don't tell store.

As far as the defense ammo, the Oak Creek location use to carry PDX ammo but it was hardly ever in stock and then they removed the space for it on the shelves. They also carried the cheap Remington UMC hollow points which testing on the net showed they weren't really that bad.That was at the time all ammo was in demand, I heard that the PDX and UMC is back for most calibers and it is in good supply. I haven't checked for myself because I haven't been to a Farm and Fleet in a long while now that I have found other retailers for the things I use to buy there.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Prior to their unwillingness to recognize Constitutional rights I open carried in the Dodgeville store on a regular basis, and no one cared, not the customers nor the staff. Very friendly & helpful staff. They always had large selection of handgun ammo and I bought a lot of it there.

It's my understanding they didn't post their Iowa stores after their shall issue carry law took effect. Wonder what they are going to do about their Wisconsin ones.

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
Stopped in at the Beaver Dam Fleet Farm. The sign out front says stop in and check out the handgun and riffle accessories. At the gun counter I found M&P's, XD's, a Berreta m9 I think the 9mm that the military carries 3 different Ruger Vaqueros,s and 2 other Rugers. Their ammo supplied looked well stocked. They also had a SKS for $279 and a Wasr 10 folding stock for $479. The thing that surprised me the most was a AR upper.

I went there today; Glock 26&27 Gen 4's for $574.95. Gander Mountain? $699.95

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Went to Fleet Farm in Appleton tonight and found similar gear. They had some piston driven AR's from Adams out of FL for $1999 and under. The uppers alone were $599. They had VLTOR stocks and Sampson quad rails. Pistols included Glock, Springfield XDm, Taurus, Ruger and some S&W revolvers. No SIGs :( or 1911's.

Those people are for the most part Dumb as Rocks when talking weapons & you want them to offer upper tier 1911's & be even remotely knowledgeable ?? :) Most of the gun people at FF sweep you before the hand you the pistol they didn't clear ;( Naaa I got friends that are FFL's I will buy from them...

Huldra arms ? sorry, never heard of them..oh yeah that's because they are sold exclusively at Mills FF..Just another clone AR manufacturer which these days are a dime a dozen...... my Ruger SR-556 i would consider to be of superior quality with the customizations that I have added, of course NIB I would give it to Ruger....Just my .02 cents :)

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
If you are going to spend that much on a piston-driven AR, just buy a SCAR for a couple hundred bucks more and be done with it. Jeez that's expensive.

I bought my Ruger SR-556 for $ 1450.00 SCAR's are going for $ 2400.00 Minimum the FN SCAR is a great rifle but the additional $ 1000.00 ??it's not that great.. :)

Interceptor_Knight

Huldra arms ? sorry, never heard of them..oh yeah that's because they are sold exclusively at Mills FF..Just another clone AR manufacturer which these days are a dime a dozen...... my Ruger SR-556 i would consider to be of superior quality with the customizations that I have added, of course NIB I would give it to Ruger....Just my .02 cents
I wouldn't be so quick to write these guys off. From what I have seen, they are miles ahead of the cheap clones for quality and features. These guys are going after both the premium market and the base quality market. They are not bothering with the cheap market such as the DPMS and Oly, etc cheaper offerings and instead are going after RRA, Bushmaster, Armalite and even Colt.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I wouldn't be so quick to write these guys off. From what I have seen, they are miles ahead of the cheap clones for quality and features. These guys are going after both the premium market and the base quality market. They are not bothering with the cheap market such as the DPMS and Oly, etc cheaper offerings and instead are going after RRA, Bushmaster, Armalite and even Colt.

I guess I can't say anything bad about them I have no experience with the product. But I have owned Bushmaster now Ruger both Manufacturers are Excellent quality ( besides the crumby trigger that comes with the Rugers :) ) I guess Time will tell.

Last edited:

Grizz272

Just curious. What is the problem with DPMS. I bought one a couple of years ago and I have a lot rounds through it of all type of ammo and have had know problems it has held up well shoots where I aim it. I am happy with the gun.