• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cleveland's Holsters needs a logo!

cleveland

Want a FREE HOLSTER? I am looking for a trade mark! If you are an artist, computer geek, or just better at these things then me please contact me. I want a mark that is simple, incorporates my company name, and perhaps a silhouette of a sidearm. I am pretty open to ideas, so please contact me. If you design the art that I end up using, you get a free holster!

Thanks!

cleveland

It's my fault for not updating this post, and I am truly sorry for that. I have this posted on a few forums and must have missed updating this one. I like it! I really do! The only problem is too much detail.

I am looking for something as simple as a circle that the top half is "Cleveland's" and the bottom half is "Holsters" with a silhouette of a pistol or crossed pistols in the center would be fine. The simpler, the better.

I also want to use it for a maker's mark. So simple is the key.

So far you are the first REAL submission. I have had a lot of idea's thrown at me, but you are the first to follow through with a real design. Thank you!!!

Michigander

Handguns, particularly those carried by private individuals, are a very personal choice. This is why I would suggest very careful consideration before deciding to showcase the shape of a gun in the emblem. If it's a generic shape it'll look silly, and if it's a particular model it'll run the risk of turning off potential customers.

My favorite holster company is Safariland, and their emblem if pretty good too.

http://www.gunaccessories.com/safariland/index.jpg

It's simple, yet elegant and eye catching. I'm not an artist, so I won't be throwing any designs in, but I do suggest a similar strategy of simple yet eye catching, with likely no image of guns in the picture at all.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I too agree that a handgun isn't necesary, that's why I didn't include on. The CH in my design would worl alone. Most logos don't have the name of the company. They build a product and the designs says yeah that's us.

CH logo2.jpg

cleveland

I see your point!

I guess I am really looking for a few separate things then. A logo, a sign, and a trade mark.

I am considering the sign taken care of and giving a holster to Whitney. I am then also going to keep hunting for a trade mark or logo. So the offer is still out there for another holsters.

I like the "CH" but it doesn't quite capture it. I'm not sure why I feel that way, but it didn't jump out at me. I really do appreciate the suggestion though! Keep the ideas flowing!

cleveland

I have come up with a better way to point the direction of this.

I have had a hard time trying to figure out the direction I want to go, and saying "it needs to jump out at me" does not give any of you direction either. I want a logo that is simple enough to be the logo AND the maker's mark. I want the logo to say defense, not in words but in an image. Maybe a porcupine or shield with a "C" or "CH' inside. It can not in any way imply offense though, ALL Defense!

I guess I would use the Ruger logo as an example.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
So any comments for improvements? Also the basic color can be changed, I just used B&W for contrast. But blue and white, red and white, etc. can be used.