• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An American Revolution - The Why Behind our 2A

since9

Campaign Veteran
This thread began with a reply to 45acpForMe, here.

It deserves to be continued, however, and so it shall:

I have lost all faith in our Federal government to adhere to the Constitution.

I haven't lost all faith. Just much of it. Neither Congress nor SCOTUS have a decent track record when it comes to adhering to the Constitution, much less "supporting and defending [it] against all enemies foreign and domestic." In face, I dare say some of the worst enemies of our Constitution are currently serving various terms from two years to life.

They're not in prison, though. They're in office.

The coming collapse won't be pretty.

I will not call for an overthrow of our government.

Here's where it continues:

I will state that, historically, an overburdensome and tyrannical monarchy infringed on basic human rights to such an extent that it became in the best interests of the people to forcefully kick that government's butt back across the Atlantic Ocean. That experience wasn't lost on the founders, many of whom were still alive 15 years after the Revolution, when they passed the Bill of Rights, one of which stated, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Countless period documents have made the meanings of "well regulated," "Militia," and "security of a free State" abundantly and precisely clear. None of those meanings has anything to do with either sport shooting or self-defense. Rather, they empowered the people of each and every State in such a way so as to defend and secure the State against other states, foreign invaders, internal corruption, or the union as a whole.

People forget that before the American Revolution, each State was sovereign, an independent nation the same as France, Spain, Italy, England, and others. That's why the State Department deals with entire nations. However, unlike the Articles of Confederation, the U.S. Constitution makes no explicit provisions for secession. Many scholars interpret this as a Union where the states forfeited any right to secession upon joining the Union.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

The Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution states: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Secession is not delegated to the United States by the Constitution. Neither is it prohibited by the Constitution to the States. Secession is therefore reserved to the States, or to the people.

So, when the Southern States seceded from the Union during the Civil War, was it wrong for the North to declare war on the South and fight to keep those states in the Union? Yes, it was, regardless of whatever altruistic reasons were either discovered, claimed, or invented along the way, or woven into the history books afterwards. Were those reasons noble in their own right? Many were, certainly. However, the ends do not justify the means.

Our Founding Fathers were very wise and gifted visionaries. When well-intentioned political idiots use their thought of the month to undermine the foundations they laid for our nation, based on literally thousands of years of observations studied by the Founders throughout the course of their lives, they do our nation, and all its people, a grave disservice. I imagine some of the decisions by King George III and the British Parliament were similarly "thoughts of the month," motivated not by any concern for the general welfare of the Colonists, but rather, by greed and an incessant need for control.

Greed and control. There's a verse, 1 John 4:1: "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world."

The same applies to our role as citizens in our society. We are to test what comes forth from on high and ask ourselves about the motives through two questions:

1. Are there elements of greed? Is someone or some company like GMC getting rich by laundering internal funds via multinational subdivisions to avoid all taxes while saddling the rest of us with the bill?

2. Are there elements of control? Does the measure wrest autonomy from our grasp while shifting power to goon squads like the BATFE who, over a period of decades, repeatedly demonstrated their inability to wield authority in a manner commensurate with the provisions of our Constitution and for the good of the people?

When we see greed and control woven throughout what is said and done in our nation's capital, particularly when the people of our great nation are on the loosing end of it, it's a good reminder that despite our technological advances over the last 235 years, the forces of good and evil as they manifest themselves throughout society and politics remain largely the same now as they were at the inception of our country.

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

I haven't lost all faith. Just much of it. Neither Congress nor SCOTUS have a decent track record when it comes to adhering to the Constitution, much less "supporting and defending [it] against all enemies foreign and domestic." In face, I dare say some of the worst enemies of our Constitution are currently serving various terms from two years to life.

I will state that, historically, an overburdensome and tyrannical monarchy infringed on basic human rights to such an extent that it became in the best interests of the people to forcefully kick that government's butt back across the Atlantic Ocean. That experience wasn't lost on the founders, many of whom were still alive 15 years after the Revolution, when they passed the Bill of Rights, one of which stated, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Countless period documents have made the meanings of "well regulated," "Militia," and "security of a free State" abundantly and precisely clear. None of those meanings has anything to do with either sport shooting or self-defense. Rather, they empowered the people of each and every State in such a way so as to defend and secure the State against other states, foreign invaders, internal corruption, or the union as a whole.

People forget that before the American Revolution, each State was sovereign, an independent nation the same as France, Spain, Italy, England, and others. That's why the State Department deals with entire nations. However, unlike the Articles of Confederation, the U.S. Constitution makes no explicit provisions for secession. Many scholars interpret this as a Union where the states forfeited any right to secession upon joining the Union.

The Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution states: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Secession is not delegated to the United States by the Constitution. Neither is it prohibited by the Constitution to the States. Secession is therefore reserved to the States, or to the people.

So, when the Southern States seceded from the Union during the Civil War, was it wrong for the North to declare war on the South and fight to keep those states in the Union? Yes, it was, regardless of whatever altruistic reasons were either discovered, claimed, or invented along the way, or woven into the history books afterwards. Were those reasons noble in their own right? Many were, certainly. However, the ends do not justify the means.

Our Founding Fathers were very wise and gifted visionaries. When well-intentioned political idiots use their thought of the month to undermine the foundations they laid for our nation, based on literally thousands of years of observations studied by the Founders throughout the course of their lives, they do our nation, and all its people, a grave disservice. I imagine some of the decisions by King George III and the British Parliament were similarly "thoughts of the month," motivated not by any concern for the general welfare of the Colonists, but rather, by greed and an incessant need for control.

Greed and control. There's a verse, 1 John 4:1: "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world."

The same applies to our role as citizens in our society. We are to test what comes forth from on high and ask ourselves about the motives through two questions:

1. Are there elements of greed? Is someone or some company like GMC getting rich by laundering internal funds via multinational subdivisions to avoid all taxes while saddling the rest of us with the bill?

2. Are there elements of control? Does the measure wrest autonomy from our grasp while shifting power to goon squads like the BATFE who, over a period of decades, repeatedly demonstrated their inability to wield authority in a manner commensurate with the provisions of our Constitution and for the good of the people?

When we see greed and control woven throughout what is said and done in our nation's capital, particularly when the people of our great nation are on the loosing end of it, it's a good reminder that despite our technological advances over the last 235 years, the forces of good and evil as they manifest themselves throughout society and politics remain largely the same now as they were at the inception of our country.

What you won't call for, I have been calling for Since I was old enough to see the World as it really is... the Fathers if they were with us today would be doing more than just calling for it... 235 years ago we had...Men of Action.....not the content, dumbed down, Pseudo Patriots types that we have now...This country might see a Civil War soon but a Revolution takes Men of action, unified for a single cause, willing to sacrifice & those men are few and far in between nowadays since most are too busy saying things like, I can't get involved I have to go to work to feed my kids & pay for their college.......So ........ it won't happen :(

ADMINISTRATOR COMMENT: You can tell us what you have been doing all you want but this forum is dedicated to the principles of improving things for gun owners through the legislatures and courts.

Most are happy being raped with insane taxation while still believing they are being represented, a nation of Zombie Subjects..While some are ignorant enough to believe that things can still be turned around by Elections & the courts..Boy those people need to just swallow the shotgun & end it...

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran

Fortunately, our Founding Fathers not only knew this firsthand, but they had the wisdom to provide for various means of redress, including:

- Normative: elections for choosing (or ousting) our Congressmen and President
- Provisional: access to both through letters, and if the situation is severe enough, via an audience
- Exceptional: exercise of our 1st Amendment right of free speech
- Dire: in the most dire cases, exercise of our 2nd Amendment right "being necessary to the security of a free State"

This is by no means calling for any sort of overthrow of our government. Rather, these are the provisions put in place by our government! The most clear and telling evidence of this comes from those who ratified the United States Bill of Rights. Even then they saw the powers of the federal government were growing out of control, and upon threats of secession by many of the states, they saw the urgent need to place even more restrictions on the feds. Thus, they included the following in the Preamble to the Bill of Rights:

"Congress of the United States begun and held at the City of New-York, on Wednesday the fourth of March, one thousand seven hundred and eighty nine

THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.

RESOLVED by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, two thirds of both Houses concurring, that the following Articles be proposed to the Legislatures of the several States, as amendments to the Constitution of the United States, all, or any of which Articles, when ratified by three fourths of the said Legislatures, to be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of the said Constitution; viz.

ARTICLES in addition to, and Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America, proposed by Congress, and ratified by the Legislatures of the several States, pursuant to the fifth Article of the original Constitution." - Preamble to the U.S. Bill of Rights

None of this has anything to do with an overthrow of our government. Rather, it has everything to do with ensuring our government remains true to its charter, the foundation and cornerstone of our country: The U.S. Constitution.

Last edited:

Freedom First

Long posts... Lots of meat for building strong brains... Let's see who wrecks it.

Fortunately, our Founding Fathers not only knew this firsthand, but they had the wisdom to provide for various means of redress, including:

- Normative: elections for choosing (or ousting) our Congressmen and President
- Provisional: access to both through letters, and if the situation is severe enough, via an audience
- Exceptional: exercise of our 1st Amendment right of free speech
- Dire: in the most dire cases, exercise of our 2nd Amendment right "being necessary to the security of a free State"

<Snip>

None of this has anything to do with an overthrow of our government. Rather, it has everything to do with ensuring our government remains true to its charter, the foundation and cornerstone of our country: The U.S. Constitution.

"Remains true to its charter..."? You already admitted Lincoln violated it in attacking the new South. And today I am hard pressed to find an area in the Constitution they have not violated, ignored, twisted, broken, etc..

Ben Franklin said, "In these sentiments, sir, I agree to this Constitution with all its faults—if they are such—because I think a general government necessary for us, and there is no form of government but what may be a blessing to the people if well administered; and I believe, further, that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic government, being incapable of any other."

CORRUPTED, pp. Putrefied; vitiated; depraved; spoiled; marred; bribed; infected with errors.
Webster's Dictionary 1828

I am not a seditionist or a revolutionary. I love the true America, a Republic with the Rule of Law at its core. I long to see that manifested here and have my children live in that nation. This depraved oligarchy we live under is shameful and our willful ignorance and submission to it is pathetic.

rev•o•lu•tion –noun
1. an overthrow or repudiation and the thorough replacement of an established government or political system by the people governed.

coup d'é•tat –noun
a sudden and decisive action in politics, especially one resulting in a change of government illegally or by force.

One of these has already happened. The Republic is dead. The true Rule of Law in America died in the days of Lincoln when he denied the Sovereign Nations of the new South their undeniable Right to leave the Union guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment. The People of the Union did not seize unlawful power and attack the South, the President they elected did and they failed to stop him.

In this land, the People govern. We are the government and this whole mess is our fault. The president serves at our whim. Since it is not a direct Democracy (That’s just a different tyranny, but that’s a whole other discussion) we were not able to vote for these changes personally, instead we allowed those who “represent” us to act in a manner which brought us here.

America does not need another coup d’état. The last one set us on this slide that brought us here. By definition, a revolution is the required course of action IF it is an action by the People themselves. But personally I have grave misgivings about this people and a revolution. I do not believe that these people are fit to rule themselves. They are the Corrupted, Rotten, Depraved people Franklin wrote about those hundreds of years ago. They will fight and may even win but the soul of any “revolution” in this land will be degenerate and it will produce bad fruit. The dream of America will die.

Today I am asked, “What should we do?” And to that I do not have an answer.

“Power is always gradually stealing away from the many to the few, because the few are more vigilant and consistent.”
Samuel Johnson, The Adventurer No 45

"There are five boxes to use in the defense of Liberty: The Soap Box, the Mail Box, the Ballot Box, the Jury Box, and the Ammunition Box. Please use them in that order."
Copied from Fiveboxes.com

Soap Box.
We sit and yell into the void of the internet, argue with each other and blissfully discuss calibers while the Few work… Fun but mostly fruitless.

Mail Box.
So phone, email, fax or letters… That’ll work. Really? We shut down the Avaya PBX at Capitol Hill during the bail out hearings and also for the Obamacare votes. Did they listen? Nope.

Ballot Box.
The parties are clearly unwilling to allow us to change things with the ballot box. Even Washington said regarding a party system, “However combinations or associations of the above description (the Parties) may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely, in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people, and to usurp for themselves the reins of government; destroying afterwards the very engines, which have lifted them to unjust dominion.” Sounds about right from where I sit.

Even if all 546 official members (President, Vice President, 435 Congressmen, 100 Senators, 9 Justices) of our government were instantly replaced, the systems built up over the last 200 plus years would remain. Those newly elected members would face a daunting task, that being specifically, the resisting of over 200 years of corruption focused on undermining those Freedoms and Rights that we hold dear and most here have forgotten. Would K Street just disappear and slink off into the shadows in the face of a new wave of American Constitutionalism? Not likely.

Jury Box.
How do you get the feds in front of an impartial court? Impossible. They are the court. It’s like using the District Atty to defend yourself against criminal charges… Can you sue the government in Washington DC into compliance with the original documents?

Hmm. Oh, listen, I hear an old dead man wanting to speak his piece…

“Mr. President, it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts. Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for liberty? Are we disposed to be of the number of those who, having eyes, see not, and, having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.”
Patrick Henry

These are days of import. We must begin to face reality. We must settle on what is Truth. Our children are enslaved to a debt they cannot ever repay. Our Rights are undermined at every turn. Our land is no longer ours. We invade sovereign lands at a whim to force “our” will on others. Our money is meaningless and void and soon to become useless. Our rulers, and that is what they see themselves as, see us as their cattle, to be used and managed as they see fit.

“All men recognize the right of revolution; that is, the right to refuse allegiance to, and to resist, the government, when its tyranny or its inefficiency are great and unendurable. But almost all say that such is not the case now. But such was the case, they think, in the Revolution of '75." ...“In other words, when a sixth of the population of a nation which has undertaken to be the refuge of liberty are slaves (to debt and taxes), and a whole country is unjustly overrun and conquered by a foreign army, and subjected to military law, I think that it is not too soon for honest men to rebel and revolutionize. What makes this duty the more urgent is that fact that the country so overrun is not our own, but ours is the invading army.”
Henry David Thoreau

When is enough enough? When does a man act? And then, ready to act, what does a man do?

riverrat10k

I have nearly lost hope.

As evidence, the fraud, with government blessing, in the mortgage and financial industry. I have posted a few snippets here and there on this board, but mostly in social, as it not OC related.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...-mortgages-opened-way-to-3-billion-fraud.html

I have tried to get folks to understand how bad things are, how big the whitewash is, and how dire is our peril. Most do not have the financial knowledge to understand how badly we are screwed. Folks are starting to see it through the rapid inflation and loss of jobs.

HARDLY ANY OF THE FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPANIES OFFICERS AND NONE OF THE POLITICIANS ARE IN JAIL, DESPITE DOCUMENTED CRIMINAL ACTIVITY. THIS INCLUDES BEN BERNANKE, TURBO-TIMMY GEITHNER, AND ERIC "PLACE" HOLDER.

I urge everyone to contact their representatives and demand these financial industry players and their politician puppets be brought to justice. I doubt it will happen as I believe the politicians and law enforcement are bought and paid for. There is one rule of law for the wealthy and well conected and another set for us "little people".

I can only hope that if I don't starve to death, I will have the fortitude to die on my feet.

THE INTERNATIONAL BANKING CARTEL IS STEALING EVERYTHING AND IS APPARENTLY NOT SUBJECT TO THE RULE OF LAW. Oh, they give us an occaisonal sacrificial lamb, but 99% of these guys just move to another bank, consulting firm, or government job

I could write for days but you get the idea. I urge everyone to read Karl Denninger's Market Ticker site. Also, Zerohedge is a great resource. Educate yourself, see the reality, and prepare. Do you think these criminals have a well stocked bug-out hole? If they do, don't you think you should do all you can to prepare for the **** hitting the fan?

Oh yeah, and this:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/58098.html
For once, I agree with Halperin.

"I don’t think all of us are too stupid to make this democracy work, however I do think that the vast majority are." --Comment on MarketWatch

AND PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE READ AND RE-READ THIS ARTICLE UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND IT

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=188993

Last edited:

Gunslinger

Very insightful post, Since. The intro clause of the 2A has always been clear to me: a well regulated, means well armed, capable citizens with their leaders chosen by 'themselves'; "free" means 'free'; "state" does not mean the Federal Government. "The right of the people...shall not be infringed" needs no further explanation.