• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

westboro baptist church in clayton saturday 6/25 to protest funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This line confuses me. Does it say police other peoples posts or your own? I'm so confused. So I ask you to tell us how do you decide which posts are okay to police? Is it just ones you don't care about and don't like? Is it ones from other members who you don't like? Is it if something just popped up in your head?

If you can't answer these questions then you may not understand why the rules matter. The rules are voluntary but not optional.

:lol:

The forum has some written, dedicated rules which IMO are easily understood and applied. Further, we are encouraged to be self-moderating as individuals and as a group - there is no desire by the site owners to routinely take an iron fist position; however the capacity is there.

I've occasionally wondered when people question the rules and try to get very detailed/finite interpretations what the point really was. If you read the rules, try to follow them in a reasonable manner and not be deliberately abusive, then there should never be a problem.

Carry24/7

sir you should be ashamed of yourself. Wait, i should not call you sir, anyone i call sir has great deals of respect for people that fight, and or die for the freedoms we all enjoy, especially the freedom of openly carrying a gun. Its like an leo who would arrest you for carrying a firearm just because the "law" says they can. nevermind the fact that americas constitution grants us the right to do so. Just because something says do this, doesnt mean its always in the best interest to do so. If he would have posted this thread in the "general discussion" forum, how many folks from NC would have discovered it? And myself, believing it is imperative that we protect the funerals of these men who died for the freedoms that these idiots take advantage of, also believe that this was the best place to post this thread. This man died for our right to open carry, the people trying to destroy his families lives at their fallen heros funeral more than likely would like to see this right taken away. So, there is not a better place for this thread than where it is.

+1
Well said.

JoeSparky

Centurion
The forum has some written, dedicated rules which IMO are easily understood and applied. Further, we are encouraged to be self-moderating as individuals and as a group - there is no desire by the site owners to routinely take an iron fist position; however the capacity is there.

I've occasionally wondered when people question the rules and try to get very detailed/finite interpretations what the point really was. If you read the rules, try to follow them in a reasonable manner and are not deliberately abusive, then there should never be a problem.

I seem to remember something in the scripture about someone needing to be commanded in all things makes them a slothful and unwise servant. Who wants to be known as slothful and/or unwise?

Jbenarao

I believe this post IS directly related to open carry. This young man gave his life defending our freedoms, one of which is the second amendment and my right to open carry. Please show respect for anyone who serves and defends our rights.
Semper Fi Sergeant Bradley and condolences to his wife Samantha.

+1

EricDailey X-NRA

The New Rules

...I've occasionally wondered when people question the rules and try to get very detailed/finite interpretations what the point really was. If you read the rules, try to follow them in a reasonable manner and are not deliberately abusive, then there should never be a problem.

--Moderator Delete/Edit--

Tried to explain it in a pleasant and non-confrontational way. It is my deep disappointment that you did not accept the explanation at face value.

ABNinfantryman

Okay, carry on as you were. I have made a mistake. I misunderstood that FORUM RULES (8) meant what the words said. Mr. Grape is the supreme. He has explained that there is no problem if he sees no problem. It seems that I've been unreasonable to expect that the posted rules mean what they say. I can see that you all have tried "to follow them in a reasonable manner" and that must mean that it is okay to post "discussions not directly related to open carry." Mr. Grape seems to know that this OP (original post) was "not deliberately abusive" so that makes it on topic because...uhm... he says so.

My granny told me that if I argue with fools that folks wouldn't know the difference. I listened to my granny.

FORUM RULES
(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

Didn't realize OCDO was looking to hire more moderators. Stay in your lane cowboy.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
EricDailey X-NRA = 0 cool points

EricDailey X-NRA, way to be "that guy."

I feel that in the 4th or 5th grade you proudly wore a 'HALL MONITOR' badge. You have lost all cool points. You're better off creating a new user name and starting over here...

Last edited:

WTFOVER

Can ya'll keep him in this thread because I know I'm getting tired of him complaining about the new laws being passed not having OC in them. This will give him something else to complain about.

Oh +5

Status
Not open for further replies.