• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

westboro baptist church in clayton saturday 6/25 to protest funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick9110e

The people from Westboro Baptist Church will be in Johnston County tomorrow to protest the funeral of Sergeant Mark Bradley. If you would like to join in the human chain to show your support for a fallen hero, meet at Polenta Elementary at 915 am. Service will be next door at C3 Church.

M

mattwestm

Just remember, these folks make their money by suing people who assault them or don't give them their 1st amendment rights. On top of that, they actually believe the s*** they spew.

They were in a small town in Mississippi a month ago and the town citizens boxed in every car that had a Kansas plate at their hotel. I'm really surprised someone hasn't killed them yet (they probably could get away with it in MS).

EricDailey X-NRA

This Is Open Carry dot Org

The people from Westboro Baptist Church will be in Johnston County tomorrow to protest the funeral of Sergeant Mark Bradley. If you would like to join in the human chain to show your support for a fallen hero, meet at Polenta Elementary at 915 am. Service will be next door at C3 Church.

This thread should be posted in a different place.

EricDailey X-NRA

I'll just leave this here.

It's north Carolina related.

FORUM RULES
(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

Last edited:

condeist

Would have liked to gone out there, but its too late now. I hate those Westboro cksuckers.

I am interested to hear how it went though? Any confrontations?

EricDailey X-NRA

The Stuff You Like

I love that your more concerned about being anal about the forum rules then the topic at hand.

I just think the stated topic of this forum, open carry in North Carolina, is important enough to be the focus here. I know other stuff I can post about that you may be interested in and some stuff you may not be interested in. I also know other forums where I can post anything I like but I don't know any other forum that is dedicated to the topic of open carry in NC.

I can challenge you on this point without calling you names because I know how to follow instructions and I know how to make logical arguments. I can also listen to others and learn new things. These skills are important to have if one is going to successfully open carry firearms in North Carolina.

So I ask you to tell us how do you decide which off topic subjects are okay to post? Is it just ones you care about and like? Is it ones from other members who you like? Is it if something just popped up in your head?

How did you decide that you knew your post was okay even though it has nothing to do with open carry. What other subjects will you decide are good to post even if they're not on open carry? What if a new member comes along later and wants to post stuff on atheism or vegetarianism or open immigration. When will that be okay to break the rules? Is it really okay for you to decide for others when the rules don't matter.

If you can't answer these questions then you may not understand why the rules matter. The rules are voluntary but not optional.

Maverick9110e

Have fun with you speech. If you really want to continue to be anal about it, that's your decision, but don't come on here trying to explain the rules to everyone. Not one post you made in here had anything to do with the topic. How about the fact that you can't open carry at this event due to its location on school property or that its during a protest. All valid, on topic things to be mentioned. But again your more worried about citing forum rules

How about we get back on topic.

62 Caddy

I believe this post IS directly related to open carry. This young man gave his life defending our freedoms, one of which is the second amendment and my right to open carry. Please show respect for anyone who serves and defends our rights.
Semper Fi Sergeant Bradley and condolences to his wife Samantha.

Maverick9110e

Update from a member on another forum. Supposedly, about 5-10 of the west boro people showed up early, were met by about 200 people waving flags and signs sayin "not in Johnston county" and they left before the family showed up. So they never had to see or deal with west boro.

EricDailey X-NRA

This is now Maverick9110es' Forum

...If you can't answer these questions then you may not understand why the rules matter. The rules are voluntary but not optional.

Have fun with you speech. If you really want to continue to be anal about it, that's your decision, but don't come on here trying to explain the rules to everyone. Not one post you made in here had anything to do with the topic. How about the fact that you can't open carry at this event due to its location on school property or that its during a protest. All valid, on topic things to be mentioned. But again your more worried about citing forum rules

How about we get back on topic.

If you can't answer these questions then you may not understand why the rules matter. The rules are voluntary but not optional

condeist

Update from a member on another forum. Supposedly, about 5-10 of the west boro people showed up early, were met by about 200 people waving flags and signs sayin "not in Johnston county" and they left before the family showed up. So they never had to see or deal with west boro.

AWESOME!! that is FANTASTIC! I love it!! if you run across any pics or vids of the people turning away the Westboro a-holes, i would love to see it.

Northerner

I believe this post IS directly related to open carry. This young man gave his life defending our freedoms, one of which is the second amendment and my right to open carry. Please show respect for anyone who serves and defends our rights.
Semper Fi Sergeant Bradley and condolences to his wife Samantha.

+1

Northerner

Thanks for the update Mav!

dmatting

We're all adults here and really don't need to be lectured to. This forum brings people of like mind together. Once we're together we will certainly discuss OC issues. This place will turn into a wasteland if that is the only focus of discussion as there are tangential topics that are related and since this is the NC portion of the forum, those discussions are more than appropriate for this location. People are more than one dimensional. Give it a rest.

EricDailey X-NRA

This is now Maverick9110es' Forum II

I just think the stated topic of this forum, open carry in North Carolina, is important enough to be the focus here. I know other stuff I can post about that you may be interested in and some stuff you may not be interested in. I also know other forums where I can post anything I like but I don't know any other forum that is dedicated to the topic of open carry in NC.

I can challenge you on this point without calling you names because I know how to follow instructions and I know how to make logical arguments. I can also listen to others and learn new things. These skills are important to have if one is going to successfully open carry firearms in North Carolina.

So I ask you to tell us how do you decide which off topic subjects are okay to post? Is it just ones you care about and like? Is it ones from other members who you like? Is it if something just popped up in your head?

How did you decide that you knew your post was okay even though it has nothing to do with open carry. What other subjects will you decide are good to post even if they're not on open carry? What if a new member comes along later and wants to post stuff on atheism or vegetarianism or open immigration. When will that be okay to break the rules? Is it really okay for you to decide for others when the rules don't matter.

If you can't answer these questions then you may not understand why the rules matter. The rules are voluntary but not optional.

We're all adults here and really don't need to be lectured to. This forum brings people of like mind together. Once we're together we will certainly discuss OC issues. This place will turn into a wasteland if that is the only focus of discussion as there are tangential topics that are related and since this is the NC portion of the forum, those discussions are more than appropriate for this location. People are more than one dimensional. Give it a rest.

"This is now Maverick9110es' Forum" - still

KYGlockster

Activist Member

sir you should be ashamed of yourself. Wait, i should not call you sir, anyone i call sir has great deals of respect for people that fight, and or die for the freedoms we all enjoy, especially the freedom of openly carrying a gun. Its like an leo who would arrest you for carrying a firearm just because the "law" says they can. nevermind the fact that americas constitution grants us the right to do so. Just because something says do this, doesnt mean its always in the best interest to do so. If he would have posted this thread in the "general discussion" forum, how many folks from NC would have discovered it? And myself, believing it is imperative that we protect the funerals of these men who died for the freedoms that these idiots take advantage of, also believe that this was the best place to post this thread. This man died for our right to open carry, the people trying to destroy his families lives at their fallen heros funeral more than likely would like to see this right taken away. So, there is not a better place for this thread than where it is.

Hronisiver

If a thread or post is off topic then report it if it means that much to you, i doubt you will get anywhere lecturing people on the rules on an internet forum. Your posts, in their entirety, are all off topic so how have you really helped anything in the end?

LibertyDeath

FORUM RULES
(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

This line confuses me. Does it say police other peoples posts or your own? I'm so confused. So I ask you to tell us how do you decide which posts are okay to police? Is it just ones you don't care about and don't like? Is it ones from other members who you don't like? Is it if something just popped up in your head?

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.